Seen this Reservoir Dogs print yet?

General art-related discussion.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 am

MillerTime04 wrote:meh x 2. reminds me of buddich reminding me of stout .
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
lionking
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Damn this is bad! This dude draws worse than Tim Doyle...
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 pm

lionking wrote:Damn this is bad! This dude draws worse than Tim Doyle...
Tim doyle is awesome. His latest Spoke Art series wowed me. Not even the same ballpark comparing these dudes together.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh come on guys who doesn't want the microwaved version of Stout's Star Wars?

You really haven't made it as a poster artist until someone drags one of your posters through melted butter. I'm still waiting for my moment.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Oh come on guys who doesn't want the microwaved version of Stout's Star Wars?

You really haven't made it as a poster artist until someone drags one of your posters through melted butter. I'm still waiting for my moment.
Hilariously bad, Harrison looks like the Joker in the bottom left and Peter Cushing just walked in off a Hammer film,

Even the top phots are way off...Obi-Wan looks like a tramp, Leia looks like she has recently been bitten by a zombie, meanwhile Luke & Han look like someones just pissed on their chips!

Jabba (who really shouldn't be there 8) )is either constipated or just doing one hell of a dump, maybe that's why the other character nearby is wincing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:52 pm

desch wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:I'll just leave this link here... http://www.behance.net/gallery/poster-work/3051815
Wow that's hilarious. :rolling: Can't believe the balls on this guy.

Not only Stout but Budich and Perkins...
And Jeff Boyes.... :hanging:

FlapJack
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 pm

rubberneck wrote:Hilariously bad, Harrison looks like the Joker in the bottom left and Peter Cushing just walked in off a Hammer film,

I think I wore the same expression as this pseudo-Han when I saw this image.
Last edited by FlapJack on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:59 pm

wow, what a total copycat. fudge's weak.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Some of his characters are pretty good (Piney in Sons of Anarchy) while others are mongoloid versions of Budich (Star Wars. Warriors especially)
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

He is clearly "influenced" by a bunch of Mondo posters... but I see no evidence he's selling these.
Maybe he is just practicing drawing by aping his favorite artists? Is that such a bad thing? I know the only way I learned to make movies is by aping my favorites shot for shot basically - of course I don't pass that work off as my own...

Now, if he's selling them and/or passing them off as 100% his own work, that's bullshit and the lynch mob is warranted. :pint:
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:He is clearly "influenced" by a bunch of Mondo posters... but I see no evidence he's selling these.
Maybe he is just practicing drawing by aping his favorite artists? Is that such a bad thing? I know the only way I learned to make movies is by aping my favorites shot for shot basically - of course I don't pass that work off as my own...

Now, if he's selling them and/or passing them off as 100% his own work, that's bullshit and the lynch mob is warranted. :pint:

'Expect to see more of his work here in the coming weeks – maybe even with the chance to buy prints of his pieces in poster form if there’s enough interest.'

http://www.whatthechrist.com/2012/02/05 ... s/#respond

daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 pm

rubberneck wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:He is clearly "influenced" by a bunch of Mondo posters... but I see no evidence he's selling these.

'Expect to see more of his work here in the coming weeks – maybe even with the chance to buy prints of his pieces in poster form if there’s enough interest.'

Ok cool, drymount this guy.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 pm

dear god

Although, this does remind me we need a SAMCRO poster.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

Ok cool, drymount this guy.
:rolling: :rolling:
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm commissioning him for The Thing print. :pint:

At least those characters are meant to look a little shonky, they may after all, be the thing in human form....