Seen this Reservoir Dogs print yet?

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 am

MillerTime04 wrote:meh x 2. reminds me of buddich reminding me of stout .
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
lionking
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 am

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Damn this is bad! This dude draws worse than Tim Doyle...
User avatar
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 pm

lionking wrote:Damn this is bad! This dude draws worse than Tim Doyle...
Tim doyle is awesome. His latest Spoke Art series wowed me. Not even the same ballpark comparing these dudes together.
User avatar
ironjaiden
Art Expert
Posts: 7980
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 pm
Location: Hollarado
Contact:

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh come on guys who doesn't want the microwaved version of Stout's Star Wars?

Image

You really haven't made it as a poster artist until someone drags one of your posters through melted butter. I'm still waiting for my moment.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25689
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Oh come on guys who doesn't want the microwaved version of Stout's Star Wars?

Image

You really haven't made it as a poster artist until someone drags one of your posters through melted butter. I'm still waiting for my moment.
Hilariously bad, Harrison looks like the Joker in the bottom left and Peter Cushing just walked in off a Hammer film,

Even the top phots are way off...Obi-Wan looks like a tramp, Leia looks like she has recently been bitten by a zombie, meanwhile Luke & Han look like someones just pissed on their chips!

Jabba (who really shouldn't be there 8) )is either constipated or just doing one hell of a dump, maybe that's why the other character nearby is wincing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25689
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:52 pm

desch wrote:
DaleCooper wrote:I'll just leave this link here... http://www.behance.net/gallery/poster-work/3051815
Wow that's hilarious. :rolling: Can't believe the balls on this guy.

Not only Stout but Budich and Perkins...
And Jeff Boyes.... :hanging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
FlapJack
Art Expert
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Location: Cleveland

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 pm

rubberneck wrote:Hilariously bad, Harrison looks like the Joker in the bottom left and Peter Cushing just walked in off a Hammer film,

I think I wore the same expression as this pseudo-Han when I saw this image.
Last edited by FlapJack on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:59 pm

wow, what a total copycat. fudge's weak.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
zombiedictator
Art Expert
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:42 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Some of his characters are pretty good (Piney in Sons of Anarchy) while others are mongoloid versions of Budich (Star Wars. Warriors especially)
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

He is clearly "influenced" by a bunch of Mondo posters... but I see no evidence he's selling these.
Maybe he is just practicing drawing by aping his favorite artists? Is that such a bad thing? I know the only way I learned to make movies is by aping my favorites shot for shot basically - of course I don't pass that work off as my own...

Now, if he's selling them and/or passing them off as 100% his own work, that's bullshit and the lynch mob is warranted. :pint:
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25689
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:He is clearly "influenced" by a bunch of Mondo posters... but I see no evidence he's selling these.
Maybe he is just practicing drawing by aping his favorite artists? Is that such a bad thing? I know the only way I learned to make movies is by aping my favorites shot for shot basically - of course I don't pass that work off as my own...

Now, if he's selling them and/or passing them off as 100% his own work, that's bullshit and the lynch mob is warranted. :pint:

'Expect to see more of his work here in the coming weeks – maybe even with the chance to buy prints of his pieces in poster form if there’s enough interest.'

http://www.whatthechrist.com/2012/02/05 ... s/#respond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 pm

rubberneck wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:He is clearly "influenced" by a bunch of Mondo posters... but I see no evidence he's selling these.
Maybe he is just practicing drawing by aping his favorite artists? Is that such a bad thing? I know the only way I learned to make movies is by aping my favorites shot for shot basically - of course I don't pass that work off as my own...

Now, if he's selling them and/or passing them off as 100% his own work, that's bullshit and the lynch mob is warranted. :pint:

'Expect to see more of his work here in the coming weeks – maybe even with the chance to buy prints of his pieces in poster form if there’s enough interest.'

http://www.whatthechrist.com/2012/02/05 ... s/#respond
Ok cool, drymount this guy.
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:22 pm

dear god

Although, this does remind me we need a SAMCRO poster.
Image
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:He is clearly "influenced" by a bunch of Mondo posters... but I see no evidence he's selling these.
Maybe he is just practicing drawing by aping his favorite artists? Is that such a bad thing? I know the only way I learned to make movies is by aping my favorites shot for shot basically - of course I don't pass that work off as my own...

Now, if he's selling them and/or passing them off as 100% his own work, that's bullshit and the lynch mob is warranted. :pint:

'Expect to see more of his work here in the coming weeks – maybe even with the chance to buy prints of his pieces in poster form if there’s enough interest.'

http://www.whatthechrist.com/2012/02/05 ... s/#respond
Ok cool, drymount this guy.
:rolling: :rolling:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25689
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm commissioning him for The Thing print. :pint:

At least those characters are meant to look a little shonky, they may after all, be the thing in human form....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Post Reply