Seen this Reservoir Dogs print yet?

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed May 16, 2012 4:52 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Aaron Rainbolt Dude I am so diggin your art work.
15 minutes ago

Now I'm gonna see that every time he says he likes something of mine. Image
Oof!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 4:53 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
rubberneck wrote: Add another Billy Perkins to the mix...
with cum stains
Cum off the bottom of coffee mug stains no less. I'll be honest that kinda turns me on :heart:
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 4:53 pm

15 minutes ago

I was being sarcastic funny man :hanging: lure him in...
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Rainbolt wrote:
15 minutes ago

Hahaha!! Yeah, he was just messin' around. He wanted me to post I dug that dude's work as well. :lol:
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Rainbolt wrote:
15 minutes ago

pewter14
EB Team

This is what gets me ...

From one of the discussions about his Red State poster (you know, the one with the bullet holes that look like they were ripped straight from Tyler's IB poster) ...

Sean McGovern - Shared a link of the piece to Kevin Smith via tweeter. He approves

Christopher Morkaut - he is doing a live podcast in my town in a couple months. i was going to do this and a kevin smith directorial filmography collage and have them printed and bring them to the show and give them to him as a gift.

Sean McGovern - He did screen shot it, he favorited the link I sent to ur page w the poster.

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 5:02 pm

pewter14 wrote:This is what gets me ...

From one of the discussions about his Red State poster (you know, the one with the bullet holes that look like they were ripped straight from Tyler's IB poster) ...

Sean McGovern - Shared a link of the piece to Kevin Smith via tweeter. He approves

Christopher Morkaut - he is doing a live podcast in my town in a couple months. i was going to do this and a kevin smith directorial filmography collage and have them printed and bring them to the show and give them to him as a gift.

Sean McGovern - He did screen shot it, he favorited the link I sent to ur page w the poster.

That's the first thing Bryan said was .. "Dude that's straight from Tyler's Inglorious Bastards"
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
rubberneck
Art God

Wed May 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm all for supporting new art, this just aint it...It's trodding on the hard work and ingenuity of others and then having the gall to try and pass it off as his own inspiration and skill.

Even worse, there are unknowing fans lapping up (and probably purchasing) this fudge, unaware of the great artists who have and continue to produce much better work... :hanging:

pewter14
EB Team

Wed May 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I guess I'm more perturbed he's trying to impress the likes of Kevin Smith with his "original" artwork. No where on that facebook page does he mention any of his "inspirations".

Dude *has* to be on this board, right?
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
RyanMarvin
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Kevin Smith commented on his facebook page

Kevin Smith: "Love this! Thanks, man! Such a cool idea."
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 pm

pewter14 wrote:I guess I'm more perturbed he's trying to impress the likes of Kevin Smith with his "original" artwork. No where on that facebook page does he mention any of his "inspirations".

has to, and Kevin does stuff with G88, the guy know decent art. He tweets A LOT, I wouldn't look to much into it besides this guy at least is feeling good about himself.
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 pm

pewter14 wrote:I guess I'm more perturbed he's trying to impress the likes of Kevin Smith with his "original" artwork. No where on that facebook page does he mention any of his "inspirations".

We have been trying to find him fora while now, with no luck. But we found his facebook page today hence the funny remarks... I still love you J Image
rubberneck
Art God

Wed May 16, 2012 5:07 pm

RyanMarvin wrote:Kevin Smith commented on his facebook page

Kevin Smith: "Love this! Thanks, man! Such a cool idea."

Of course he will say that, free advertising for a film he's distributing... 8)

Rainbolt
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 5:09 pm

mobius006 wrote:

has to, and Kevin does stuff with G88, the guy know decent art. He tweets A LOT, I wouldn't look to much into it besides this guy at least is feeling good about himself.
Best Morkaut quote we found...

Chris Morkaut-
sometimes you can't help but think "where do I find the balls to expect people to pay money for this!"
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed May 16, 2012 5:11 pm

The Smith nod I get. If I made a film and some dude cobbled together a fan poster of it I'd give him a high five too. Especially if said film were Red State. Takes a special kinda KS fan to make that one happen.

Dudes like this are pretty harmless. Sure he's aping Tyler and a few others but I doubt he's sold more than a dozen Kinko's printouts in his life. If he learns to do his own thing maybe he'll wind up a decent poster artist, if not his stuff is good for lulz. Win-Win.