Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
NikitaG
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 pm
Location: Sydney

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:19 am

zombiejp wrote:
Wait, are they online, or are they local to you? Because if they're online I need a link. That's a great price and those came out awesome!
thanks :)

they are online but their workshop is local to me (Sydney)

http://www.frameshop.com.au/collage-creator.html

you can choose the size and then your frame/glass options
dhokes wrote:
What size measurements did you go with for the mounts and frame?
im not good with the lingo but the size is 30cm wide x 17cm, with the holes (for lack of a better term) are 11x11cm
the frame is 2cmx2cm with glass

I hope that makes sense!
NikitaG
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 pm
Location: Sydney

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 am

I should also mention I'm in Australia and they probably won't ship internationally :?
User avatar
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Atlanta

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:24 am

NikitaG wrote:I should also mention I'm in Australia and they probably won't ship internationally :?
BALLS! Well there goes that deal! :lol:
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17551
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:33 am

NikitaG wrote:I should also mention I'm in Australia and they probably won't ship internationally :?
womp womp wommppppp

(btw, I miss wompa314 or whatever the hell his sn was)
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
whl10
Art Expert
Posts: 5509
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:25 am

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:33 am

Free wompa!
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17551
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:34 am

He was always so nice to me.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
TonyC
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:43 am

zombiejp wrote:
NikitaG wrote:I should also mention I'm in Australia and they probably won't ship internationally :?
BALLS! Well there goes that deal! :lol:
Found the following website with a similar design feature under the "personalized framing" tab. I was thinking about ordering it for the Rocket and Groot set, but it also looks like it will allow you to do 30 openings. Anyone have any experience with this place?

http://www.arttoframe.com/
NikitaG
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 pm
Location: Sydney

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 am

TonyC wrote:
Found the following website with a similar design feature under the "personalized framing" tab. I was thinking about ordering it for the Rocket and Groot set, but it also looks like it will allow you to do 30 openings. Anyone have any experience with this place?

http://www.arttoframe.com/
looks like the 30 openings option is also specific for 5x5s

http://www.arttoframe.com/33x39-Espress ... /FRBW26061
Bii
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:54 am

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:06 am

TonyC wrote:
zombiejp wrote:
NikitaG wrote:I should also mention I'm in Australia and they probably won't ship internationally :?
BALLS! Well there goes that deal! :lol:
Found the following website with a similar design feature under the "personalized framing" tab. I was thinking about ordering it for the Rocket and Groot set, but it also looks like it will allow you to do 30 openings. Anyone have any experience with this place?

http://www.arttoframe.com/
I actually have a few frames from them and they're decent. They come with cardboard backing so you'd probably want to replace those with some foam core. I ordered two frames with three cutouts (charcoal top mat, black bottom mat) and they look great. I can post some pics later when I get home but they look similar to the one NikitaG bought.
User avatar
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Atlanta

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:18 am

Bii wrote:
TonyC wrote:
zombiejp wrote:
NikitaG wrote:I should also mention I'm in Australia and they probably won't ship internationally :?
BALLS! Well there goes that deal! :lol:
Found the following website with a similar design feature under the "personalized framing" tab. I was thinking about ordering it for the Rocket and Groot set, but it also looks like it will allow you to do 30 openings. Anyone have any experience with this place?

http://www.arttoframe.com/
I actually have a few frames from them and they're decent. They come with cardboard backing so you'd probably want to replace those with some foam core. I ordered two frames with three cutouts (charcoal top mat, black bottom mat) and they look great. I can post some pics later when I get home but they look similar to the one NikitaG bought.
I'd definitely like to see some pics! Their prices seem pretty great! I'd love to get a single frame for my Rocket/Groot set.
User avatar
dhokes
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 am
Location: UK

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:59 am

NikitaG wrote:
zombiejp wrote:
Wait, are they online, or are they local to you? Because if they're online I need a link. That's a great price and those came out awesome!
thanks :)

they are online but their workshop is local to me (Sydney)

http://www.frameshop.com.au/collage-creator.html

you can choose the size and then your frame/glass options
dhokes wrote:
What size measurements did you go with for the mounts and frame?
im not good with the lingo but the size is 30cm wide x 17cm, with the holes (for lack of a better term) are 11x11cm
the frame is 2cmx2cm with glass

I hope that makes sense!
Sort of makes sense. Thanks!
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4614
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:11 pm

I think Frame Destination will do multiple cuts if you call. I don't think it's that big of a deal with a computerized cutter.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Bii
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:54 am

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:53 pm

zombiejp wrote:I'd definitely like to see some pics! Their prices seem pretty great! I'd love to get a single frame for my Rocket/Groot set.
Here you go:

Image

Image

I probably should have Ygritte facing Jon.
User avatar
slevin
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:22 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:01 pm

^ Great job with those :drool:
User avatar
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: Atlanta

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Bii wrote:
zombiejp wrote:I'd definitely like to see some pics! Their prices seem pretty great! I'd love to get a single frame for my Rocket/Groot set.
Here you go:

Image

Image

I probably should have Ygritte facing Jon.
Whoa. Yep! SOLD! Definitely getting my Groot/Rocket frame from those guys. Thanks for posting those!

Now I just need to decide on a good matte color combo!
Post Reply