Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
plaink
Art Expert

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:34 am

it will give you great stats for your bot development.
mobius006
Art Freak

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:37 am

Time eddition all the things
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 am

mobius006 wrote:Time eddition all the things
So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:51 am

Olly Moss TFA, zero chance it'd be a timed edition screenprint. Giclee would be the only way to go...unless Bottleneck was handling this for some reason and decided they don't have anything better to do for several months than non-stop tubing and shipping. :lol:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:58 am

cotis wrote:
Yup.
Prisco077
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:00 am

rerocustom1989 wrote:I think the timed edition sales of campo santo illustrate that Olly could solo this one.
The desert scenes of Rey's speeder going across Jakku were some of my favorites in the movie, but if this one isn't timed I won't stand a chance.
Don't think the issue is whether he can handle it solo. I'm sure he wants to release something fully licensed, like his prior Star Wars pieces. I don't think he's ever released full fledged movie print that was unlicensed. And if it he has, it was early on in his career.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:03 am

Prisco077 wrote:
rerocustom1989 wrote:I think the timed edition sales of campo santo illustrate that Olly could solo this one.
The desert scenes of Rey's speeder going across Jakku were some of my favorites in the movie, but if this one isn't timed I won't stand a chance.
Don't think the issue is whether he can handle it solo. I'm sure he wants to release something fully licensed, like his prior Star Wars pieces. I don't think he's ever released full fledged movie print that was unlicensed. And if it he has, it was early on in his career.
Lawrence of Arabia like 2 years ago, think the design was scrapped work for them though?

Big thing is, if he wanted to do something like that it would have to be with a smaller property, no title/credits/likeness (art print), and a small run. Zero chance he could get away with Star Wars, especially since he's definitely on their radar.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:05 am

jkw3000 wrote:
Prisco077 wrote:
Lawrence of Arabia like 2 years ago, think the design was scrapped work for them though?

Big thing is, if he wanted to do something like that it would have to be with a smaller property, no title/credits/likeness (art print), and a small run. Zero chance he could get away with Star Wars, especially since he's definitely on their radar.
And not only that, he wouldn't want to drymount that relationship up. It wouldn't make any sense to go unlicensed with it.
So it goes...
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:07 am

jkw3000 wrote:Olly Moss TFA, zero chance it'd be a timed edition screenprint. Giclee would be the only way to go...unless Bottleneck was handling this for some reason and decided they don't have anything better to do for several months than non-stop tubing and shipping. :lol:
I don't think anyone releasing it would have a problem taking their sweet time to fulfill the orders whilst sleeping on their big fat piles of money. It's all the folks around here that would be sweating like crackheads because they have to wait a few months for their prints.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:14 am

Kramerica wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Olly Moss TFA, zero chance it'd be a timed edition screenprint. Giclee would be the only way to go...unless Bottleneck was handling this for some reason and decided they don't have anything better to do for several months than non-stop tubing and shipping. :lol:
I don't think anyone releasing it would have a problem taking their sweet time to fulfill the orders whilst sleeping on their big fat piles of money. It's all the folks around here that would be sweating like crackheads because they have to wait a few months for their prints.
Eh, it's also gonna be crazy logistics-wise. I should rescind the zero chance, but it'd be highly unlikely in screenprint form given the anticipated size (anybody doubt it'd be at least 10k in run size?). I've heard crazy plans before, this would definitely top it...

Ah well, I'm fine with whatever happens, I'm just glad to see that something clearly clicked for him with regards to The Force Awakens that would get him wanting to do it.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:16 am

Crackheads don't sweat. And if they did, better they did it before their poster arrived, so as not to stain said poster with said sweat. Also, does anyone have some crack? The only thing that makes a crackhead sweat is waiting for his crack.
sincere86a
Art Expert

Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:44 am

plaink wrote:it will give you great stats for your bot development.

:lol:
Z0MBIEproof
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:50 am

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/27/1044 ... us-rift-pc

Firewatch made the list!
Glad I bought a PS4
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:01 am

If Olly does TFA in the style of his previous Star Wars prints, who/what do you think the silhouette will be?

My money is on BB-8.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 am

allyouzombies wrote:If Olly does TFA in the style of his previous Star Wars prints, who/what do you think the silhouette will be?

My money is on BB-8.
My money would be on it not being a silhouette, but that's just my inference.