Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
Sceazy
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Olly wrote:I don't know what I want to do after Firewatch but just going back to doing exactly what I was before feels like a step backwards.

Seems like kind of a shitty thing to say to a bunch of people that shelled out a lot of money, and respect you for what you did before. But to each their own I guess. Best of luck in whichever road you choose.
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
rerocustom1989
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Olly wrote:I don't know what I want to do after Firewatch but just going back to doing exactly what I was before feels like a step backwards.
I mean, you've got a healthy following, respect in multiple industries, annnd you're coming off a project that was a vast undertaking. Just do what you want, nothing is really backwards, just forwards in different directions.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:47 pm

Sceazy wrote:

Seems like kind of a shitty thing to say to a bunch of people that shelled out a lot of money, and respect you for what you did before. But to each their own I guess. Best of luck in whichever road you choose.
Pretty sure it's less a knock on what he did before and more about needing to, well, move forward with his career or interests.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
hax0n
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:09 pm

How does one move forward from their peak?
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:09 pm

hax0n wrote:How does one move forward from their peak?
Switch fields. Like, say, going from movie posters to video games. I dunno, probably talking out of my ass.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:11 pm

How does one recognize their peak without moving forward?
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
hax0n
Art Expert

jkw3000 wrote:
Switch fields. Like, say, going from movie posters to video games. I dunno, probably talking out of my ass.
hax0n wrote:
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
rubberneck
Art God

jkw3000 wrote:
Now that's a peak...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Zepeleptic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:29 pm

Olly - do whatever challenges and develops you, pushing you as an artist and individual. I totally understand the feeling, keep forging ahead, I for one am excited to see what the future brings to you, whatever it may be! :pint:
TopHatZombies wrote:LOOK FOR THE RED DOTS!!!!!!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:34 am

Buncha folks jonesing for a Moss to flip up in here.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:25 am

rubberneck wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
Now that's a peak...
More of a valley, really.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:27 am

Sceazy wrote:

I think you need to pump the breaks on this one a bit.

Seems like an incredibly shitty thing to say to someone who maybe just wants to evolve his artistic career and do something he feels more passionate about. And maybe not limit the content he creates to what your limited imagination can come up with.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:05 am

I'm not sure you can take his comment as a slight against his previous work. It is certainly an enviable position to be in. Wrapping up art direction on a video game and feeling like the return to being a successful independent freelance artist is not the desirable path.

Anyway, I can't wait to play the game. Hopefully there will be some pre-order/early access/BETA action.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:12 am

Kramerica wrote:Buncha folks jonesing for a Moss to flip up in here.
I'm jonesing for a Moss to frame, not to be blunt. I don't own his work yet. I like his style and I'm waiting for a new something that will hopefully run to my personal tastes in design, license, and availability. The perfect Moss for me. That's why he made Star Wars way back when, only I wasn't here yet :D
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:48 am

Olly is a lot of people's favourite artist in this field (he is what led me to this) and so its not surprising surely if they feel kind of sad (cant think of a better word for the moment ) to hear him announce what sounds like a retirement from the game (kind of like you feel when your favourite band announces they are splitting up - you would just like to see them still playing and touring and releasing new work - and because olly is so creative it feels as a fan like there are still some great albums to come from him (rather than just touring and playing his greatest hits over and again, i.e. rehashing star wars style for every cult movie no matter how we would probably love to see that happen!)

Maybe doing some more collaborative work might be fun? Or its never too late to put that english degree to use and become the hard hitting investigative journalist that Winchester needs now more than ever - i just read the council is spending £2.5m on new greener buses and i feel it may be a cover for something far more sinister.....