Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:37 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
jimbobiii wrote:but with 30 total, it'd be tough to go after them all. I dunno which I prefer.
Don't have to wrestle with this as I never got into GoT. :D ... :cry:
it wouldn't even really matter to me if they were something i wasn't into. I have every 5 x 5. Gotta keep the streak going. (especially in my new sexy album to display them, thanks googs!)
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:40 pm

jimbobiii wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:
jimbobiii wrote:but with 30 total, it'd be tough to go after them all. I dunno which I prefer.
it wouldn't even really matter to me if they were something i wasn't into. I have every 5 x 5. Gotta keep the streak going. (especially in my new sexy album to display them, thanks googs!)
Ah, yes, the little flip album thing is cool. They're fun to rotate, that's fo sho.
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
jimbobiii wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:
Ah, yes, the little flip album thing is cool. They're fun to rotate, that's fo sho.
I just like it as an easier way to view them all and keep them all, vs a big stack in a mylar bag in my flat file.

they'll all eventually be on a wall together (maybe... at least the gaming ones!)
charter
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Trading is part of the fun and so is the hunt to get them all. Blind packs are fine by me as long as Static Medium knows what 'random' means. I say that as someone who will and does own these all.
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:29 am

jimbobiii wrote:I'm torn, because I want all of them and not to have to pay a fortune, but there is something special about the villains, Chun-Li, Tortuga, Tingle and the like because they are a bit more of a chase to get them.

but with 30 total, it'd be tough to go after them all. I dunno which I prefer.
There you go Olly...one of your biggest fans and he is begging you to not sell as a set!! Bring on the blind packages :twisted:

Honestly growing up collecting baseball cards (which is hundreds if not thousands), it is way more fun chasing then it is buying a set. No accomplishmnet to just buying!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:06 am

MovieManJeff1012 wrote: There you go Olly...one of your biggest fans and he is begging you to not sell as a set!! Bring on the blind packages :twisted:

Honestly growing up collecting baseball cards (which is hundreds if not thousands), it is way more fun chasing then it is buying a set. No accomplishmnet to just buying!
Some of us have to rely on the actual luck of the random draw though and not just pull favors from our hookups at the distributor. :pint:
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:12 am

Superfro33 wrote:
MovieManJeff1012 wrote: There you go Olly...one of your biggest fans and he is begging you to not sell as a set!! Bring on the blind packages :twisted:

Some of us have to rely on the actual luck of the random draw though and not just pull favors from our hookups at the distributor. :pint:
I don't think I had any hookup with Fleer or Topps when I was a kid. Back then I didn't even have any knowledge on how to cherry pick packets. I did it the old fashion way. Keep buying until you get what you want. Not only is there a rush of adrenaline every time I opened a new pack, there was a huge sense of accomplishment when I finally got what I wanted. Or I traded for what I needed which was also fun. In the end the card companies made a ton more money then they would have just selling sets.

Blind packages are not only fun, but far more profitable for the distributor and in this case the artist. :wink:
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 am

MovieManJeff1012 wrote: I don't think I had any hookup with Fleer or Topps when I was a kid.
I'm not talking about cards. :roll:

Truth be told I would prefer blind packages. However, IMO they weren't handled well at all for people that bought multiple packs of them with the video game series. Everything even, I'd be all for it, but if it works out again where people that buy the most stuff are left with the most common stuff again, then no thanks.

And it's not the law of averages...I mean there were straight up packs in those last multiple order groups that had all commons and some that even had 2 of the same commons in the same 3 pack. :hanging:
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:20 am

Superfro33 wrote:
MovieManJeff1012 wrote: I don't think I had any hookup with Fleer or Topps when I was a kid.
I'm not talking about cards. :roll:

Truth be told I would prefer blind packages. However, IMO they weren't handled well at all for people that bought multiple packs of them with the video game series. Everything even, I'd be all for it, but if it works out again where people that buy the most stuff are left with the most common stuff again, then no thanks.

And it's not the law of averages...I mean there were straight up packs in those last multiple order groups that had all commons and some that even had 2 of the same commons in the same 3 pack. :hanging:
Not only that but the buyers of multiple packs should have had their orders sent first. People that are putting down more money should be earlier in the shipping queue.
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:31 am

jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:I'm not talking about cards. :roll:

Not only that but the buyers of multiple packs should have had their orders sent first. People that are putting down more money should be earlier in the shipping queue.
I am not entirely sure what you are referring to then Fro. I don't have any hookup with Moss or Static, I didn't even buy any of the previously released 5x5s. I just got the True Detective but so far Game of Thrones are the only ones that I have been in a financial position to purchase. I would love to order like 5-10 blindly and trade for the ones I really want. Builds a good sense of community also.

I agree sheppa, from what I read, there are definitely things that can be improved on and I am sure politely worded and constructive feedback can help make that happen!!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 am

I'm so glad he's going to make purchasing the whole set an option so that all of this talk of getting screwed with multiples of the same in a single order will be easily avoided.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:42 am

Superfro33 wrote:

I wish I had a hook-up. Wouldn't have had to buy double digit blind boxes!
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:46 am

jimbobiii wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:

I wish I had a hook-up. Wouldn't have had to buy double digit blind boxes!
See how many more he bought because he wasn't guaranteed a set!! Not to mention all the fun he had hunting down the few he needed. This is why blind packages are ALWAYS way more successful! Even Disney does it!!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:07 am

MovieManJeff1012 wrote: See how many more he bought because he wasn't guaranteed a set!! Not to mention all the fun he had hunting down the few he needed. This is why blind packages are ALWAYS way more successful! Even Disney does it!!
Why are you explaining how blind boxes make more money for the seller? We all know this. :lol: I've worked in and/or around comic/hobby shops for like 25 years, believe me, I'm well versed on the concept. :wink:

As a buyer, and based on my previously explained past experience in this subject in particular, I'm all for the full set being an option this time around. You don't see Disney doing Vinymation sets with 30 different pieces in them. When we're going that size, based on the price per item, I'd much rather be able to get everything in one motion than throw out $400 and 'hope for the best'! There will still be plenty of folks that can't swing a full set, or don't want to, and will end up getting a smaller sampling.
Trasher
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:12 am

I'm guessing Olly probably just wants to avoid all of the disgruntled people that were whining and complaining the last time he did blindboxes. I don't blame him either. It is fun, however, waiting to see which ones you will get and the inevitable trading, but at least this way everything is made available to everyone and everyone can be satisfied by getting what they want at no risk of missing out on the "rares". It's a win-win. The only thing that people are losing out on is the satisfaction of finding the "rares" in your envelopes and laughing at the others who were less fortunate! :P