Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
lwillow2113

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:36 pm

Easy +1 for me. Yuge Potter fan and they really hit all the right notes for me.

I'm wondering if it'll bug me that Philosopher's Stone has 'Harry Potter' in yellow as opposed to white when they are all hanging next to each other. My bet is on 'no' but its still an interesting choice by Olly.
Celsius
Flipper

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:51 pm

danieldanger wrote:
mademehmmm wrote:These look like they were completed in half a day. Any other artist making these would have been ripped apart by now.
hi, artist here.

no.
LOL!!!!!!!! :lol:
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
tuffghost
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:59 pm

I did read some comments over on the HP subreddit and there was a lot of positive comments to the art but people didn't like/understand the $50 price point/shipping.
Most of them I think are used to the idea of some crappy paper rolled up poster for 10 dollars. Not many people know what a Giclee is :P

Something that might have helped with the perception of what these are and help present them as more of a premium print would have been a short video from Static Medium showing the printing process and a little more behind the scenes with some pictures to help show what these are. I only say this because I know the idea of these was to really reach a larger audience outside of the regular print collecting cult. :twisted:

+1 on the set :pint:
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:06 pm

tuffghost wrote:I did read some comments over on the HP subreddit and there was a lot of positive comments to the art but people didn't like/understand the $50 price point/shipping.
Most of them I think are used to the idea of some crappy paper rolled up poster for 10 dollars. Not many people know what a Giclee is :P

Something that might have helped with the perception of what these are and help present them as more of a premium print would have been a short video from Static Medium showing the printing process and a little more behind the scenes with some pictures to help show what these are. I only say this because I know the idea of these was to really reach a larger audience outside of the regular print collecting cult. :twisted:

+1 on the set :pint:
Think some comparables would probably help. If I ever need to put it out in layman's terms I always say it's like those high quality prints you get at an art museum for major paintings. The kinda thing you'd see framed in an office over getting tacked on in a college dorm. Far from a perfect analogy but easiest way to make sense of it.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:17 pm

jkw, pretty much verbatim how I explained the price/quality to my aunt. She ordered a set. Just wait till she gets a framing quote lol I'm looking forward to that call.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:jkw, pretty much verbatim how I explained the price/quality to my aunt. She ordered a set. Just wait till she gets a framing quote lol I'm looking forward to that call.
Send her to The Devil.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:01 pm

mobius006 wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:jkw, pretty much verbatim how I explained the price/quality to my aunt. She ordered a set. Just wait till she gets a framing quote lol I'm looking forward to that call.
Send her to The Devil.
Yeah, then she will not only get the print framed, but another 6" of mountain range on the mat.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:02 pm

^ luls
alittle
Art Freak

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:14 pm

:lol:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Kramerica wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
Send her to The Devil.
Yeah, then she will not only get the print framed, but another 6" of mountain range on the mat.

All of that fudge is so tacky
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:48 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
Send her to The Devil.

All of that fudge is so tacky
Thats why if you want classy you send it peacedog, if you want it tacky you send it to the devil
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:50 pm

The devil can do non tacky just fine. That's just where he makes a bunch of extra dough off the tacky Mondoloids.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:02 pm

Codeblue wrote:The devil can do non tacky just fine. That's just where he makes a bunch of extra dough off the tacky Mondoloids.
To each their own on mat extensions. Its the different frames, prices, and customer service that keep me going back :cheers:
mike123230
Art Expert

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Kramerica wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
Send her to The Devil.
something something I gave her 6" of mountain range last night.
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 pm

mike123230 wrote: something something I gave her 6" of mountain range last night.
pretty average mountain range