Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:13 pm

really not that shocking this game would be a snoozer, that E3 game play had me thinking WhenTF is this game goin to start... IDK i had a couple friends who know and dabble in the poster game get excited about this cause olly worked on it and i told them from the get go it would be boring... needless to say they all confirmed it was a waste of time and money . . . . maybe olly pulls a Jordan and goes back to posters IDK
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
maddog76
Flipper

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:14 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Well if you bought it through steam you can return it i think.
Only within like 4 hours.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:23 pm

I think you guys are being very reductive. It's not your standard video game. It is an emotional game about loss and the emotional fallout that happens from that.

Some of the mystery elements don't completely congeal with me towards the end. But I absolutely enjoyed the overall world it was apart of.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:23 pm

^I'm with Paul. Sure I have some criticisms but overall very glad I bought/played it.
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:27 pm

butt kissin will get u nowhere closer to a SW Moss set fanboys .... jus sayin :wink: :wink: :wink: i kid. i think the game looks great but ... wasn't sold on the gameplay tho. . . . . play some fallout 4 then get back to me about game of emotions and ethics
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Well I don't like the Moss Star Wars that much, set so hows that for butt kissing.

It's not your standard game and I give it credit for that. Regardless of who made it.
qp9
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:31 pm

I thought it was a solid game; and my girlfriend enjoyed the experience.

The ending was a bit abrupt; but I enjoyed the process of getting there.
All I could think when I was playing was that simple 'you're a park ranger firewatchman' games like this will be amazing in VR.
bullelk
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:15 pm

qp9 wrote: All I could think when I was playing was that simple 'you're a park ranger firewatchman' games like this will be amazing in VR.
Totally thought this as well.

The game gave me feels. And the interactive narration elements were great. I didn't want them to stop talking. I would recommend the game to anyone who finds it on sale in a few months.

My main issues were with the navigation of the map. Sometimes I felt like I was walking down the same path again and again with not much between A and B. A bit more side story elements would have been nice (i.e. More interaction with stuff in the yellow caches, morw uses of the axe). The game looked nice, but that's not unique in gaming currently, you need more substance to please the internets.

Paul, if you want a unique game play experience that delivers, try The Witness.
Also geared toward adults. Beautiful game for people who like puzzles and have an open spiritual mind. That game might give you a better idea of what gamers in general are satisfied with in the "unique game" genre.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:09 pm

Thanks for the recommend. I'll give it a gander!
potatobroth
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:36 am

toobs wrote:butt kissin will get u nowhere closer to a SW Moss set fanboys .... jus sayin :wink: :wink: :wink: i kid. i think the game looks great but ... wasn't sold on the gameplay tho. . . . . play some fallout 4 then get back to me about game of emotions and ethics
I mean the difference here is a budget of $150M and a budget of a what I'm guessing is $2M? And I'm not here to defend either opinion but you have to consider the position of both studios. If anything I learned from playing Firewatch was that these are very good writers, artists and developers who put out a solid little game. But either way, for FW, in such a short amount of time they were able to give me a case of the feels. Often. I had some wiggly tense moments wondering where the story was going But like a good short story, it brought me back to reality where I'd need face my true demons - and not the made up ones I ran away and created.

I agree it felt very short, but ultimately I'm okay with that. I'm not in a position where I'm counting dollars; I impulse buy indie games all the time and bail on more than half of them.

I have very close friends that enjoyed this, and some that toss it aside. We've talked about it more in-depth and I can see both sides. I enjoyed it. Played it twice actually.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:18 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:re: Dolly Matrix
2/18/16 UPDATE - PRINTS ARE FINISHED AND SHIPPED TO ME. I SHOULD HAVE THEM ANY DAY AND WILL SHIP THEM OUT THE SAME DAY I RECEIVE THEM!! SORRY FOR THE DELAY, I HAD TO FIND A NEW PRINTER WHEN THE ORIGINAL ABRUPTLY CANCELLED THE JOB...OH WELL, THEY ARE DONE AND LOOK GREAT!!
3/2/16 UPDATE - PRINTS ARE HERE!!! SHIPPING BEGINS TOMORROW...KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR SHIPPING CONFIRMATION IN YOUR PAYPAL!!
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
thefiend5
Art Expert

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:59 pm

got my shipping confirmation today for Space Balls
thefiend5
Art Expert

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Received the SB print today
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:02 am

Moss had nothing to do with those Space Balls posters, so can we maintain the integrity of this thread?

Let's talk about cats. :D
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:21 am

bulkhead72 wrote:Moss had nothing to do with those Space Balls posters, so can we maintain the integrity of this thread?

Let's talk about cats. :D
Hey, at least it's a poster. Cats are probably as relevant/irrelevant as video games.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi