Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat May 31, 2014 12:19 am

danjohnjohnson wrote:Yep, rolled long-ways. Wonkiest pack job I've ever encountered...
Could have used better volunteers...
That's what she said
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 12:28 am

finneganm wrote:
danjohnjohnson wrote:Yep, rolled long-ways. Wonkiest pack job I've ever encountered...
Could have used better volunteers...
:clap:
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 1:24 am

AHAHAHAHA! Wow... buncha clueless hipsters this Campo Santo crew is... Glad I actually got the "sorry you're not lucky" (or am I?) email. How the drymount is this not numbered!?! What's the point of limiting it then? AND, rolling a print lengthwise? I'd demand a refund if I got that print... not numbered and shipped like a bunch of monkeys were in charge, drymount that. What a joke this is turning out to be.

Also, just wait till the game comes out and you're 45 minutes into playing and the game freezes. If they can't ship a print... they sure as hell can't pull off making a video game that isn't going to suck.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
rimmer
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 1:41 am

They couldn't of screwed this up more if they were trying
ImageImage
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 2:21 am

rimmer wrote:They couldn't of screwed this up more if they were trying
Can't wait to show you guys a picture of the tube once it reaches... Australia.
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
partpat
Art Freak

Sat May 31, 2014 2:22 am

mrwak wrote:
rimmer wrote:They couldn't of screwed this up more if they were trying
Can't wait to show you guys a picture of the tube once it reaches... Australia.

Oh man- it won't be a tube, was barley a "tube " to start w.
fitz
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 2:49 am

Ah as someone that missed out this is some sweet schadenfreude :p
milligan
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 3:32 am

Ouch. Looks like I saved $50. Maybe they will do another run due to the drymounted shipping.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 4:17 am

Wow.

Don't hold much confidence of mine reaching the UK safely then. :neutral:
thefool
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 8:09 am

Well this is disappointing
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 am

thefool wrote:Well this is disappointing

is it tho?

90% of Olly posters are either damaged, have printing issues or shipping issues.

i say this is par for the course
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 12:29 pm

^ Not really the point, especially since Olly didn't handle the prints during packaging himself (presumably). The horizontal rolling probably points to someone foreign to any common sense related to prints and packaging in general. Not numbering is also bizarre as even the deluge of Static Medium prints for Olly's doodles are all numbered.

To roll lengthwise in some inadequate paper coverage then dropped into a flimsy tube is just ignorant at this stage in the pop-culture print craze.
Makes it even stranger that this has happened when it is Olly himself who works for them...either he didn't talk to them about these issues or someone just blew off his instruction. Either way, its ridiculous here in 2014.

Wonder if the powers that be have already submitted another printing of 250, because that is probably the only correct course of action at this point.

They should have made this an open edition to begin with, to get their game 'out there' to the masses via marketing with their celebrated artist they have, and also to raise money for some cool games. Just doesn't really make sense across the board.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat May 31, 2014 12:32 pm

Rebafeind wrote:
thefool wrote:Well this is disappointing

is it tho?

90% of Olly posters are either damaged, have printing issues or shipping issues.

i say this is par for the course
Dafuk? I've got plenty of Olly posters without damage.

Or are you stating this poster alone?
Same fudge, different drop.
CPreksta
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 12:37 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:They should have made this an open edition to begin with, to get their game 'out there' to the masses via marketing with their celebrated artist they have, and also to raise money for some cool games. Just doesn't really make sense across the board.
Yep
Dfa
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 1:05 pm

I've been under the impression that Buy Olympia was handling the sales and shipping of these. It looks like they sell a ton of prints, and they do run a physical storefront (Land Gallery [Zelda Dad!]), for whatever that's worth. I'm not sure how much involvement Olly/Campo Santo has had with the actual shipping of these.

That said, wonka is right in that there shouldn't really be any excuses for shipping it like this, especially if they've had past experience with shipping. Did anyone get any Zelda's from Land that were shipped like this?