Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert
Posts: 1800
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Fri May 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Celsius wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:I think I signed up for that notification thing, but surely that's not how they're going about selling these right? I guess I took that comment more as saying that demand was going to far exceed supply. (Not that we weren't all aware of that ahead of time. :wink: )

Guess we'll see. 8)
Yeah, I don't think the notification will do anything but send an email to let you know that the item is in stock. First 250 (probably less) to check out will get it most like. I already set me bot to auto buy on that site so I'm guaranteed a copy.
How will your bot know when to stop buying?
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Fri May 09, 2014 3:53 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:I think I signed up when they first announced the game. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
same here - though not sure how they are planning to play it - will just have to wait and see I guess as there wasn't any more info forthcoming
User avatar
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert
Posts: 4458
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 pm
Location: Southsea, UK

Fri May 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Being signed up gives you what? A 20 second advantage?
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Fri May 09, 2014 4:17 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:Being signed up gives you what? A 20 second advantage?
who knows they guy on twitter made it sound like it was a list so they may be sending out a link to the first 250 - it was all pretty vague.
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Fri May 09, 2014 4:17 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:Being signed up gives you what? A 20 second advantage?
Some folks are thinking it's the list they'll be using for the sale of the pieces. Like a reserve.

I'm assuming it will not be done that way.
User avatar
potatobroth
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Sat May 10, 2014 8:02 pm

its all so confusing. you'd think they'd want people signing up for the newsletter - and that the print sale would be independent of this.
User avatar
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert
Posts: 4458
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 pm
Location: Southsea, UK

Sat May 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Yeah no-one panic, I'm sure they won't offer it exclusively to the first 250 who signed up. It'll be distributed more fairly than that. Surely.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
User avatar
brndfrmd
Art Expert
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:24 am
Location: texas

Sat May 10, 2014 8:26 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:Yeah no-one panic, I'm sure they won't offer it exclusively to the first 250 who signed up. It'll be distributed more fairly than that. Surely.
Seems pretty damn fair to do it that way.
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
User avatar
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm
Location: Lost Angeles

Sat May 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Someone please refresh my memory, was there a cutoff on the sign up for the print? I remember signing up at the time but I don't remember there being a cutoff. And I have yet to receive any emails regarding this or any other game info for that matter. Anyone?
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
HST002

Sat May 10, 2014 9:21 pm

I emailed in March and was told to sign up via" be notified when this becomes available". I sent my inquiry the 2nd or 3rd week in March.I think if you inquired early on you should secure a print.
Last edited by HST002 on Sat May 10, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HST002

Sat May 10, 2014 9:22 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:Someone please refresh my memory, was there a cutoff on the sign up for the print? I remember signing up at the time but I don't remember there being a cutoff. And I have yet to receive any emails regarding this or any other game info for that matter. Anyone?
No cut-off although I think it's first come first serve
User avatar
purplespiders
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: Durham, UK

Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 am

Image

Getting ready for the GOT prints to arrive.
User avatar
CrustaR
Art Expert
Posts: 4173
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sun May 11, 2014 12:14 pm

HST002 wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:Someone please refresh my memory, was there a cutoff on the sign up for the print? I remember signing up at the time but I don't remember there being a cutoff. And I have yet to receive any emails regarding this or any other game info for that matter. Anyone?
No cut-off although I think it's first come first serve
Get your F5 key ready...
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
User avatar
Timbrh2001
Art Expert
Posts: 8416
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: 'Merica

Sun May 11, 2014 12:27 pm

CrustaR wrote:
HST002 wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:Someone please refresh my memory, was there a cutoff on the sign up for the print? I remember signing up at the time but I don't remember there being a cutoff. And I have yet to receive any emails regarding this or any other game info for that matter. Anyone?
No cut-off although I think it's first come first serve
Get your F5 key ready...
Or just wait to buy it off someone w/ fast fingers near cost.
User avatar
kinqcuonq
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 pm
Location: California

Sun May 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Has all the true detective prints gone out yet?
Post Reply