Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Olly wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:My biggest regret from SDCC was not taking a pic of Olly and his BOX 'O MONEY™ on Thursday after he sold everything. :lol: #greedyolly :wink:
Man I was so paranoid of that happening.

But then someone took a photo of my buttcrack on sunday so I think balance was restored in the end.
Are there poster groupies? You know, with vaginas?
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
sigma722
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:36 pm

zombiedictator wrote:
Olly wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:My biggest regret from SDCC was not taking a pic of Olly and his BOX 'O MONEY™ on Thursday after he sold everything. :lol: #greedyolly :wink:
Man I was so paranoid of that happening.

But then someone took a photo of my buttcrack on sunday so I think balance was restored in the end.
Are there poster groupies? You know, with vaginas?
Cel count?
ImageImage
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Oh random Olly Moss drops, my most hated of all drops. Sigh. :hanging:

Congrats to those of you who scored.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:29 pm

@ollymoss: If you can't buy prints of my work, never feel guilty about printing your own. Who cares.
LOL I think those that print their own are in the wrong field of collecting... but hey, more power to them I guess. :roll:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:32 pm

starkdesign wrote:
@ollymoss: If you can't buy prints of my work, never feel guilty about printing your own. Who cares.
LOL I think those that print their own are in the wrong field of collecting... but hey, more power to them I guess. :roll:
It's about the image bitch, not the print :0 Kinkos here I come.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Who wants 2nd edition scaled down Star Wars print set...Ill be selling copies at only $100 set.
That tweet will hold up in court as legal consent right?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:33 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote:Who wants 2nd edition scaled down Star Wars print set...Ill be selling copies at only $100 set.
That tweet will hold up in court as legal consent right?
Damn straight, the was no smiley :)
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:36 pm

PLUSH wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
It's about the image bitch, not the print :0 Kinkos here I come.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Olly
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:38 pm

We all know that the original screen prints from the original work will be the best way to do it, but who cares if someone who really likes the image just prints it out and sellotapes it their wall. I see people selling the work illegally at cons, and it sucks. Not because they're making money off my work, but because they feel that is an ok thing to do. What is it like to be a person that thinks that kind of thing is OK? Must be pretty shitty.
mobius006
Art Freak

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Olly can you help resize your prints to fit on this lego :notworthy:
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Olly wrote:We all know that the original screen prints from the original work will be the best way to do it, but who cares if someone who really likes the image just prints it out and sellotapes it their wall. I see people selling the work illegally at cons, and it sucks. Not because they're making money off my work, but because they feel that is an ok thing to do. What is it like to be a person that thinks that kind of thing is OK? Must be pretty shitty.
Something I've always wondered: As a legal matter, who owns the images you create? Mondo? You? The studio? I'm sure it depends on the nature of the license, etc.

For example, if you decided to post high res images of your Star Wars set, and encouraged people to use their own means to re-print them ... I would assume that you could potentially get into a lot of trouble. But who would be the one that brought down the hammer? Mondo? Disney?

I assume that there is a contract that basically says "ok Mondo, you can print Olly's image depicting these trademarks, but only for a one-time, limited edition run of less than 1000 prints.
... and after that we reserve the right to use that image on whatever trivial souvenir crap that we want."
Last edited by MatchsMalone on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:44 pm

mobius006 wrote:Image

Olly can you help resize your prints to fit on this lego :notworthy:
Oh Mo, you make me laugh! :wink:
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Making bootlegs for private consumption is fine, but it's not something my bougie-ass would do. Selling bootlegs lands you in a special circle of Hell, I hear.
Olly
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 pm

MatchsMalone wrote:
Olly wrote:We all know that the original screen prints from the original work will be the best way to do it, but who cares if someone who really likes the image just prints it out and sellotapes it their wall. I see people selling the work illegally at cons, and it sucks. Not because they're making money off my work, but because they feel that is an ok thing to do. What is it like to be a person that thinks that kind of thing is OK? Must be pretty shitty.
Something I've always wondered: As a legal matter, who owns the images you create? Mondo? You? The studio? I'm sure it depends on the nature of the license, etc.

For example, if you decided to post high res images of your Star Wars set, and encouraged people to use their own means to re-print them ... I would assume that you could potentially get into a lot of trouble. But who would be the one that brought down the hammer? Mondo? Disney?
I own the artwork, but I can't really do anything without permission. But if, say, Ghibli wanted to re-use my work somewhere, they'd have to ask. If I wanted to print it in a collection of my work, I'd have to ask their permission.