Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Celsius wrote:I wish Mononoke was in this new style. These two are both extremely detailed with a cool minimalist element. S-tier stuff here.
Yeah same here. I like Mononoke, but I think it could have worked better with more detail instead of trying to adhere to the Totoro format.
Tominator
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Hmmm - I do like these and they look ace but I am gutted that Olly didn't follow through with the totoro and mononoke style for the whole set.

Would love to some WIP shots if Olly started off doing them in the original style before switching to this new style.
deestar
Art Expert

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Olly wrote:Not too far off. Howl pretty off. Think bolder!

This is a fun game. It's like art directing my own work. MAKE THE LOGO BIGGER.
BEST GAME EVER!
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 pm

omgkitty wrote:
Celsius wrote:I wish Mononoke was in this new style. These two are both extremely detailed with a cool minimalist element. S-tier stuff here.
Yeah same here. I like Mononoke, but I think it could have worked better with more detail instead of trying to adhere to the Totoro format.
Heavy Is the Crown....
omgkitty
Art Expert

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Oof too big. Anyone get these small enough to put all 4 next to each other? (and the same size) Image Image Image Image
Last edited by omgkitty on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olly
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:17 pm

omgkitty wrote:
Yeah I like how Mononoke looked in the end but going into these new ones I felt totally hamstrung by the stylistic choices I made earlier. Having the bath-house as a silhouette for example just totally killed it. Same for the castle. Plus, you know, I don't want to be the guy that just does the same thing over and over.
jdhq1185
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Olly wrote:Not too far off. Howl pretty off. Think bolder!

This is a fun game. It's like art directing my own work. MAKE THE LOGO BIGGER.
:clap:
toobs
Art Expert

Olly wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
Yeah I like how Mononoke looked in the end but going into these new ones I felt totally hamstrung by the stylistic choices I made earlier. Having the bath-house as a silhouette for example just totally killed it. Same for the castle. Plus, you know, I don't want to be the guy that just does the same thing over and over.
congrats for evolving !!!
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Just saw the tweet about the plates, please please please make that happen!!! I'll take a Link's Awakening set of four! :D
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Olly wrote:Plus, you know, I don't want to be the guy that just does the same thing over and over.
For sure. No one wants to be like KoRn.
agzaker
Art Expert

mobius006
Art Freak

Olly wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
Not thats I think fine with us :D Your style changing has been great to watch over the past few years. SA is top notch
omgkitty
Art Expert

toobs wrote:
Olly wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
congrats for evolving !!!
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Howl reminds me so much of Shadow of the Colossus. I love it!!!! Well done Olly!!!!
Image ImageImage
deestar
Art Expert

starkdesign wrote:Just saw the tweet about the plates, please please please make that happen!!! I'll take a Link's Awakening set of four! :D
Was just about to PM you dude.