STOUT "LOST" Destroyed, Seller Refuses Refund

General art-related discussion.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am

wneff wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:Seller is always responsible for assuring the print arrives save.
And where is that codified into Law?
notice how eBay does not give Sellers the option to offer insurance anymore in their listings? this is because the onus is on the seller to insure the item arrives in the described condition. if the Seller himself does not take the responsibility to insure the item, then the Seller is SOL.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Baker
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

The one time I had a poster arrived damaged from a seller on here. They gave me a heads up before it even arrived that when they were putting it in the tube it might have been damaged. And when it arrived it was damaged some, so he refunded my money AND told me to keep the print. Thats service.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Asoli
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
wneff wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:Seller is always responsible for assuring the print arrives save.
And where is that codified into Law? If this were the case without exception, we would have scumbucket buyers attempting to screw sellers constantly. Any transaction is a verbal (or written) contract between buyer and seller. I don't care if the transacted item is a poster or a Lamborghini. The optimal circumstance in a transaction is when both parties feel responsible for protecting the interests of both parties. This is how good business is done. That is, if anyone still remembers what good business practices look like.

If you want fight for the right to "wing it", have at it. However, don't be surprised when you end up getting hosed.
Everyone has their own practices and preaches what they will. I was simply stating my opinion.

A seller sells an item. In order for a seller to sell an item they must first describe or show that item. In order to sell that item, a seller then needs to find a buyer. The buyer buys the item based on the said description or presented state of that item. (In your words, a verbal/written agreement). If said item is not in said state when received, then said buyer has right to void or break said contract.

Last time I checked, the seller is the one selling said item and also packaging said item. The buyer is not. Therefore, said seller is responsible for packaging and safely shipping said item.

$.02.
This, although you said it much nicer than I was planning on.
mike123230
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 am

I'll do a call-out for someone who gave me incredible service.

Gonzo sent me something once that showed up looking like the USPS had decided to kick the tube as hard as they could right in the middle. It had a crease running all the way down the middle of the print. Gonzo took care of the whole situation and we both learned a valuable lesson about insurance. Only using him by name because he gets a lot of fudge here, and I wanted to say I've had nothing but positive experiences with the dude.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:59 am

Baker wrote:They gave me a heads up before it even arrived that when they were putting it in the tube it might have been damaged.
That's strange.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:02 am

So, where's Porkbelly hiding?
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
Aphex139
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 am

machination wrote:
Baker wrote:They gave me a heads up before it even arrived that when they were putting it in the tube it might have been damaged.
That's strange.
Maybe they just wanted it out of their flat file for good. It does seem weird to sell something you already know might be worthless...
ImageImageImageImage
virtualmert
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 am

Users browsing this forum: AlanCampbell, antiyou, Aphex139, bathroommonkey, Bluecow, Bowana, caloudas, Cragars, DickButt, finneganm, flashphishin, iambillyg, ianpotter, karza, MGW, pj101ca, PorkBelly, readicculus86, sidewaysscott, trarex, veltri, virtualmert, ZLandrum and 24 guests
:cautiously removes pants:
akbeyond
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 am

virtualmert wrote:Users browsing this forum: AlanCampbell, antiyou, Aphex139, bathroommonkey, Bluecow, Bowana, caloudas, Cragars, DickButt, finneganm, flashphishin, iambillyg, ianpotter, karza, MGW, pj101ca, PorkBelly, readicculus86, sidewaysscott, trarex, veltri, virtualmert, ZLandrum and 24 guests
Yeah, he's lurking here...
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:05 am

This is about to get interesting.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
charter
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am

mike123230 wrote:Gonzo took care of the whole situation and we both learned a valuable lesson about insurance. Only using him by name because he gets a lot of fudge here, and I wanted to say I've had nothing but positive experiences with the dude.
He also can pull off frayed jean short shorts very well....very well.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:13 am

charter wrote:
mike123230 wrote:Gonzo took care of the whole situation and we both learned a valuable lesson about insurance. Only using him by name because he gets a lot of fudge here, and I wanted to say I've had nothing but positive experiences with the dude.
He also can pull off frayed jean short shorts very well....very well.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 am

Terrible situation, sorry to hear about it. Hope to never have to deal with anything like this, but I have learned that I will never be gifting again, and will certainly be more specific when requesting insurance. Not trying to defend him at all in this, but had a smooth transaction with the other party not too long ago. Hope it all works out for you in the end.
That's what she said
Vytis33
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 am

akbeyond wrote:
virtualmert wrote:Users browsing this forum: AlanCampbell, antiyou, Aphex139, bathroommonkey, Bluecow, Bowana, caloudas, Cragars, DickButt, finneganm, flashphishin, iambillyg, ianpotter, karza, MGW, pj101ca, PorkBelly, readicculus86, sidewaysscott, trarex, veltri, virtualmert, ZLandrum and 24 guests

New username already created.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 am

Vytis33 wrote:
akbeyond wrote:

New username already created.
Porkbelly2
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...