top 5 proud print acquisition's of 2011

General art-related discussion.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 pm

i am ready for this now:

People just don't realize how amazing this is. Permanent collection piece

I have always had a lot of respect for Mondo and Associates, but if you had told me they were going to put something this phenomenal together, I would have laughed at you...but they did. And it's more beautiful every time I see it

Good good dude hooked me up with this...i love the kind of things, where it doesn't really matter how much money you have they just aren't available. Those kind of in search of's tickle me for weeks when I pick them up, and this lovely poster means more to me than anything else i picked up this year

I sold this a couple years ago for rent money when I was hurting...problems with a lady, quitting my job, needing just enough cash to make it to Ohio. I bought another copy finally and it was like a piece of my life fitting back into the puzzle

This put the community back into expressobeans. I've made so many new friends through this club and I can only hope to keep making more...even if some of them are straight up texas hust-la's :D
sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:58 pm

nice stuff Deads.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fredo
Art God

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 pm

The Loretta Lynn is great.
just a foil for me today, thanks
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:23 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:nice stuff Deads.
if we were given a longer list you should have seen some of the things, good buddy! I wasn't even able to fit Ansin's Gold Metropolis on here and i really wanted to, like more than anything or any of my originals. 2013, I may be working in a camping trip in Colorado. I will stop by denver to drink up hearty style before i go out to fend among the bears.
Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Nice, didn't you have a copy of Loretta stolen? Glad you re-obtained a copy if so :cheers:
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Nice choices Deads :pint:
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Zepeleptic
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Alright here is my top five list:

1 + 2) Both Stout Blade Runners

3) Moss Totoro

4) Stout Empire

5) Ansin Planet of the Apes #1 - Picked up in Person at SDCC :)
TopHatZombies wrote:LOOK FOR THE RED DOTS!!!!!!
murdock
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 am

Very nice post, 'deads! :cheers:
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 am

talkingdeads wrote:i love the kind of things, where it doesn't really matter how much money you have they just aren't available. Those kind of in search of's tickle me for weeks when I pick them up
Yes! That's what it's all about. Winning an F5 battle for a popular print might give you a brief buzz, but scoring that seemingly unattainable poster that you've been after for years puts you on a higher plane of satisfaction.
this aggression will not stand, man.
treweman
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:41 am

deads ... your post and others like it are the reason I look at the EB forum first thing in the morning ... with that first cup of coffee and before the newspaper.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 am

by RupertPupkin on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 am

Winning an F5 battle for a popular print might give you a brief buzz, but scoring that seemingly unattainable poster that you've been after for years puts you on a higher plane of satisfaction.
Absolutely!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 am

I got into the art game late last year so i have nothing compared to id say about 95% of you, but here are the top 5 for me and the ones i really love! (also don't judge, i stick to spusta, mccarthy, ryan, and methane (don't judge even more haha))

This is one i was looking at and smiled every time i saw it. I knew i had to have it and even though its pretty premature, this is a print that would go in my kids room!

My first GiD print that got me hooked and convinced me to work for the TDEBN. I turn on and off the lights looking at this. To me its 2 prints in one.

Again, not a big deal, but the image captivates me. The color and detail on such a small print is great.

This is one my gf got me for my birthday. Even though it looks kinda washed out on the picture, the silver inks look great. Also I love snowboarding and i met her on a snowboarding trip so it means more (awwwww, yea i know)

And finally, if this doesn't invoke feeling in you, you have no soul
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
oldboy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

talkingdeads wrote:i am ready for this now:

People just don't realize how amazing this is. Permanent collection piece

I have always had a lot of respect for Mondo and Associates, but if you had told me they were going to put something this phenomenal together, I would have laughed at you...but they did. And it's more beautiful every time I see it

Good good dude hooked me up with this...i love the kind of things, where it doesn't really matter how much money you have they just aren't available. Those kind of in search of's tickle me for weeks when I pick them up, and this lovely poster means more to me than anything else i picked up this year

I sold this a couple years ago for rent money when I was hurting...problems with a lady, quitting my job, needing just enough cash to make it to Ohio. I bought another copy finally and it was like a piece of my life fitting back into the puzzle

This put the community back into expressobeans. I've made so many new friends through this club and I can only hope to keep making more...even if some of them are straight up texas hust-la's :D
:clap:
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 am

love the iron jaiden gpk. bought 2. then sold them when i saw how god awful they are in person. just too damn dark. and both of mine were hardly quality print jobs.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Kev, you have no idea what good printing is nor common sense in terms of opinions. You like registration and computer precision, giclees were invented for you, purchase them and be happy.