New Banksy Print

General art-related discussion.
lboudog
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 am

If anyone has an extra print (rat or thrower) from GDP for sale I would be grateful but not at bay prices. Thanks and good luck with the lottery everyone! PM me.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4438
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am

lboudog wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 am
If anyone has an extra print (rat or thrower) from GDP for sale I would be grateful but not at bay prices. Thanks and good luck with the lottery everyone! PM me.
viewforum.php?f=26
User avatar
Bantler
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Is it safe to assume that 846% of this forum's members submitted a request for a GDP item?
Surely the Basquiat is the most fire? Or do you play for a lesser item, A Beautiful Mind style, in hopes it increases your odds?
User avatar
talkingdeads
Art Expert
Posts: 6985
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: it's subjective

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 pm

I believe the demographic here was more into the Flower Thrower three piece set.

I am interested in the Banksquiat, but i hold little hope of being chosen. I wrote the lamest entry ever saying i liked the piece and Basquiat is one of the best. It would give me a great laugh if i were chosen



My non eb friends mostly chose the spray can
User avatar
Bantler
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm

talkingdeads wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 pm
I believe the demographic here was more into the Flower Thrower three piece set.

I am interested in the Banksquiat, but i hold little hope of being chosen. I wrote the lamest entry ever saying i liked the piece and Basquiat is one of the best. It would give me a great laugh if i were chosen



My non eb friends mostly chose the spray can
I guess the cans count as a sculpture? It is very very Banksy.
I love that the t shirts only come in extra small.
User avatar
talkingdeads
Art Expert
Posts: 6985
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: it's subjective

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 pm

I think the spray can is more “pure” a small touch from the beginning when Banksy could tag a wall like anyone else and simply enjoy it


and yeah...xs shirts. I think i came out of the womb an xxl. been shaped like a large baby my whole life
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Bantler wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm
talkingdeads wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 pm
I believe the demographic here was more into the Flower Thrower three piece set.

I am interested in the Banksquiat, but i hold little hope of being chosen. I wrote the lamest entry ever saying i liked the piece and Basquiat is one of the best. It would give me a great laugh if i were chosen



My non eb friends mostly chose the spray can
I guess the cans count as a sculpture? It is very very Brainwash
I love that the t shirts only come in extra small.

Fixed..er..nvm
User avatar
GoBluePanic
Art Expert
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:40 am

Reading through the GDP thread on UAA is quite the window into the human psyche . Reading each persons' interpretation of the rules in ways that give themselves a better chance than others while demonstrating their superior intellect for deciphering all the hidden clues is fascinating, hilarious, and terrifying.
I'm not someone else.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51422
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:46 am

UAA is the fuggin worst. Hard to believe there's so many ballers over there.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3530
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am

i am honestly intrigued to find out whether any of this stuff is ACTUALLY for sale or whether it was just a conduit to raise money for refugees via the welcome mats. the handling of the "unlimited" merch seems really strange and the fact shirt sizes are XS.
Image
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12704
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:40 am
Reading through the GDP thread on UAA is quite the window into the human psyche . Reading each persons' interpretation of the rules in ways that give themselves a better chance than others while demonstrating their superior intellect for deciphering all the hidden clues is fascinating, hilarious, and terrifying.
I can't bring myself to read through all of that, but is there a Cliffs Notes version? I'm intrigued.
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9435
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am

jjbehren wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 am
GoBluePanic wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:40 am
Reading through the GDP thread on UAA is quite the window into the human psyche . Reading each persons' interpretation of the rules in ways that give themselves a better chance than others while demonstrating their superior intellect for deciphering all the hidden clues is fascinating, hilarious, and terrifying.
I can't bring myself to read through all of that, but is there a Cliffs Notes version? I'm intrigued.
Its comedy over there. So many clowns, know it all's, people who think that Banksy or his team are reading the thread to select worthy winners.. It's all sorts of wild speculation, posturing and jibberish. The arguing over the welcome mat has its own 30 page thread :lol:
User avatar
ryan916
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 am

soupysound wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am
i am honestly intrigued to find out whether any of this stuff is ACTUALLY for sale or whether it was just a conduit to raise money for refugees via the welcome mats. the handling of the "unlimited" merch seems really strange and the fact shirt sizes are XS.
2 of the 3 shirts say XS only, the shredded one and the one that comes with a pendant. I'd guess those aren't meant to be worn, but if you get one, please post pics in the shredded shirt XS!

The painted one says sizes vary, but I'm guessing those aren't meant to be worn either.

Apparently some people frame things like shirts...and prints.
User avatar
GoBluePanic
Art Expert
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:09 pm

soupysound wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am
i am honestly intrigued to find out whether any of this stuff is ACTUALLY for sale or whether it was just a conduit to raise money for refugees via the welcome mats. the handling of the "unlimited" merch seems really strange and the fact shirt sizes are XS.
I think the "Wealth Solutions" tag for the link to enter the site is an indication of Banksy's intent with this project. With so much recent discussion on the widening wealth gap and the possibility of a universal basic income being a necessity in the not so distant future I think it's his intention to test ideas that may be outside the box. If people want to pay obscene prices for pieces of paper or recycled garbage, great! Put it in the hands of people that could really benefit from the money and let them fleece the rich. I really don't see this being an elaborate ruse to just sell the pieces to known, wealthy collectors in the end. Banksy really doesn't need the money or adulation that badly. I also don't think it's an elaborate ruse to raise money with the Welcome mats. He could have released that on its' own and it would have sold out just as fast. I don't see any upside to Banksy goofing on the general public so he can sit back and laugh with wealthy collectors.

With the constant shitstorm the collective governments are unleashing these days I want something positive to believe in so maybe that's leading me to be naive about this whole production. Something good has already come out of it with the sales of the mats, I really want to believe it's going to continue to be good.

I really wish I would have seen those mats in time to grab one.
I'm not someone else.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12704
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:30 pm

partpat wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am
people who think that Banksy or his team are reading the thread to select worthy winners.
This is the kind of gold I was hoping for. So they're a bunch of delusional narcissists. Got it.

PS - I kinda wish I would have bought a Welcome Mat.

EDIT: I just checked Ebay. Now I really wish I would have bought a Welcome Mat.
Post Reply