New Banksy Print

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 22112
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:35 pm

soam24 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 pm
bsharp wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:21 pm
900 is a bit steeper than the EB price history - is the framing / provenance the main reason for that? Or are they selling for that much nowadays?
Well EB price history is laughable, let alone for any banksy piece. The front / back framing is a nice touch.
And it's def both. Provenance especially.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:36 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:35 pm
soam24 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 pm
bsharp wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:21 pm
900 is a bit steeper than the EB price history - is the framing / provenance the main reason for that? Or are they selling for that much nowadays?
Well EB price history is laughable, let alone for any banksy piece. The front / back framing is a nice touch.
And it's def both. Provenance especially.
Yep, it's funny to think that pest control won't authenticate them but Laz will, which at the end of the day isn't PC, but it's better then nothing and will be documented better then 99.9% of them out in the wild.
Image
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17443
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:40 pm

Wonder how much Laz is making for authenticating them?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
plaink
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 941
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:46 pm

An imperial fucktonne.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9804
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:35 am

I bought one. This is the closest you’ll get to an authentic tenner unless you invent a time machine and go back a decade. Wonder what UAA is saying about this...
franklinstowr
Flipper
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:36 am

how did folks get an early buy on this one?
User avatar
shyofnormal
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:42 am

franklinstowr wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:36 am
how did folks get an early buy on this one?
Bottelbux Exclusive email went out Tuesday morning with a link for purchase
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:15 pm

User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
Posts: 2265
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:11 pm

When does the online shop open? AKA when does the butthurt begin? My butt is ready!
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 7589
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:25 pm

ajmmck wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:11 pm
When does the online shop open? AKA when does the butthurt begin? My butt is ready!
mine too :)

hoping soon. there was an article that mentioned the online store opens when the brick and mortar store closes, which is tonight.

UAA thread has been fun to follow these last few weeks. Lots of in person accounts and fun speculation
http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/1 ... ic-product
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:36 pm

I heard BNG tenner buyers get first crack...
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
Posts: 2265
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia

Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:46 pm

DoubleDown wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:36 pm
I heard BNG tenner buyers get first crack...
Do they need to pay with the tenner?
User avatar
GoBluePanic
Art Expert
Posts: 2369
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:44 am

theperfecttree wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:25 pm
ajmmck wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:11 pm
When does the online shop open? AKA when does the butthurt begin? My butt is ready!
mine too :)

hoping soon. there was an article that mentioned the online store opens when the brick and mortar store closes, which is tonight.

UAA thread has been fun to follow these last few weeks. Lots of in person accounts and fun speculation
http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/1 ... ic-product
Jeebus, people been sitting around F5'ing for hours :lol:
I'm not someone else.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12704
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:08 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:44 am
Jeebus, people been sitting around F5'ing for weeks :lol:
FTFY
User avatar
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 am

Online shop is open. Make sure your answer to the question is a good one.
Post Reply