New Banksy Print

General art-related discussion.
lboudog
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 am

If anyone has an extra print (rat or thrower) from GDP for sale I would be grateful but not at bay prices. Thanks and good luck with the lottery everyone! PM me.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am

lboudog wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 am
If anyone has an extra print (rat or thrower) from GDP for sale I would be grateful but not at bay prices. Thanks and good luck with the lottery everyone! PM me.
viewforum.php?f=26
Bantler
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Is it safe to assume that 846% of this forum's members submitted a request for a GDP item?
Surely the Basquiat is the most fire? Or do you play for a lesser item, A Beautiful Mind style, in hopes it increases your odds?
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 pm

I believe the demographic here was more into the Flower Thrower three piece set.

I am interested in the Banksquiat, but i hold little hope of being chosen. I wrote the lamest entry ever saying i liked the piece and Basquiat is one of the best. It would give me a great laugh if i were chosen

My non eb friends mostly chose the spray can
Bantler
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm

talkingdeads wrote:
I believe the demographic here was more into the Flower Thrower three piece set.

I am interested in the Banksquiat, but i hold little hope of being chosen. I wrote the lamest entry ever saying i liked the piece and Basquiat is one of the best. It would give me a great laugh if i were chosen

I guess the cans count as a sculpture? It is very very Banksy.
I love that the t shirts only come in extra small.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 pm

I think the spray can is more “pure” a small touch from the beginning when Banksy could tag a wall like anyone else and simply enjoy it

and yeah...xs shirts. I think i came out of the womb an xxl. been shaped like a large baby my whole life
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Bantler wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:06 pm
talkingdeads wrote:

I guess the cans count as a sculpture? It is very very Brainwash
I love that the t shirts only come in extra small.

Fixed..er..nvm
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:40 am

Reading through the GDP thread on UAA is quite the window into the human psyche . Reading each persons' interpretation of the rules in ways that give themselves a better chance than others while demonstrating their superior intellect for deciphering all the hidden clues is fascinating, hilarious, and terrifying.
I'm not someone else.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:46 am

UAA is the fuggin worst. Hard to believe there's so many ballers over there.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am

i am honestly intrigued to find out whether any of this stuff is ACTUALLY for sale or whether it was just a conduit to raise money for refugees via the welcome mats. the handling of the "unlimited" merch seems really strange and the fact shirt sizes are XS.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
Reading through the GDP thread on UAA is quite the window into the human psyche . Reading each persons' interpretation of the rules in ways that give themselves a better chance than others while demonstrating their superior intellect for deciphering all the hidden clues is fascinating, hilarious, and terrifying.
I can't bring myself to read through all of that, but is there a Cliffs Notes version? I'm intrigued.
partpat
Art Freak

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am

jjbehren wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 am
GoBluePanic wrote:
I can't bring myself to read through all of that, but is there a Cliffs Notes version? I'm intrigued.
Its comedy over there. So many clowns, know it all's, people who think that Banksy or his team are reading the thread to select worthy winners.. It's all sorts of wild speculation, posturing and jibberish. The arguing over the welcome mat has its own 30 page thread :lol:
ryan916
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 am

soupysound wrote:
i am honestly intrigued to find out whether any of this stuff is ACTUALLY for sale or whether it was just a conduit to raise money for refugees via the welcome mats. the handling of the "unlimited" merch seems really strange and the fact shirt sizes are XS.
2 of the 3 shirts say XS only, the shredded one and the one that comes with a pendant. I'd guess those aren't meant to be worn, but if you get one, please post pics in the shredded shirt XS!

The painted one says sizes vary, but I'm guessing those aren't meant to be worn either.

Apparently some people frame things like shirts...and prints.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:09 pm

soupysound wrote:
I think the "Wealth Solutions" tag for the link to enter the site is an indication of Banksy's intent with this project. With so much recent discussion on the widening wealth gap and the possibility of a universal basic income being a necessity in the not so distant future I think it's his intention to test ideas that may be outside the box. If people want to pay obscene prices for pieces of paper or recycled garbage, great! Put it in the hands of people that could really benefit from the money and let them fleece the rich. I really don't see this being an elaborate ruse to just sell the pieces to known, wealthy collectors in the end. Banksy really doesn't need the money or adulation that badly. I also don't think it's an elaborate ruse to raise money with the Welcome mats. He could have released that on its' own and it would have sold out just as fast. I don't see any upside to Banksy goofing on the general public so he can sit back and laugh with wealthy collectors.

With the constant shitstorm the collective governments are unleashing these days I want something positive to believe in so maybe that's leading me to be naive about this whole production. Something good has already come out of it with the sales of the mats, I really want to believe it's going to continue to be good.

I really wish I would have seen those mats in time to grab one.
I'm not someone else.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:30 pm

partpat wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am
people who think that Banksy or his team are reading the thread to select worthy winners.
This is the kind of gold I was hoping for. So they're a bunch of delusional narcissists. Got it.

PS - I kinda wish I would have bought a Welcome Mat.

EDIT: I just checked Ebay. Now I really wish I would have bought a Welcome Mat.