New Banksy Print

General art-related discussion.
partpat
Art Expert

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 pm

acidburn wrote:
Codeblue wrote:How many did ya cop?
Haha think I'm going to sit this one out. Seems like a lot of ppl are already there waiting.

I think it's funny watching people on FB ask for friends who possibly live in Israel to help. I've noticed all conversations end with "sure I'll help. Where is it? Um no..that's Palestine."

LOL ^^^ This so much this. I have some Jewish friends in the area and it's just short of insane/insulting to ask them to go to Palestine... I feel this is likely part of the point of this exercise to make greedy , lazy westerners realize that people legit wont go there for fear of there lives.
acidburn
Art Expert

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:41 pm

partpat wrote:
acidburn wrote:
Haha think I'm going to sit this one out. Seems like a lot of ppl are already there waiting.

I think it's funny watching people on FB ask for friends who possibly live in Israel to help. I've noticed all conversations end with "sure I'll help. Where is it? Um no..that's Palestine."

LOL ^^^ This so much this. I have some Jewish friends in the area and it's just short of insane/insulting to ask them to go to Palestine... I feel this is likely part of the point of this exercise to make greedy , lazy westerners realize that people legit wont go there for fear of there lives.
Haha yea 100%. I work with a lot of Palestinians at my other job so I'm trying on that front but not holding my breath
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:02 pm

acidburn wrote:
partpat wrote:
acidburn wrote:

Haha yea 100%. I work with a lot of Palestinians at my other job so I'm trying on that front but not holding my breath
I took a bus to Ramallah from East Jerusalem no problem. Another goes directly to the UNRWA building in Bethlehem. I mean, sure it's not Tel Aviv as far as safety goes, but it's not Beirut, either. (Those with Lebanese or Iranian passports would have to enter through Jordan, though . . .)
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:39 pm

alittle wrote:What's all the fuss about?
people are FOMOing at the mouth at the thought of missing out on a Banksy flip.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
soupysound
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:00 pm

35mmpaul wrote:anyone's holy land PB score for them yet?
fingers crossed. my palestinian friend says he knows some people that might be able to help (and make some $$$ on the top). kinda hard to work out details and logistics though when there doesn't seem anyone that knows when anything is going to be available at the store. not really getting my hopes up on anything as it is still a long shot, but if something gets sorted... i'd be pretty happy.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:13 pm

The print is reportedly unsigned, unnumbered, no certification, yet people are foaming at the mouth. These are mementos for when you get to visit the hotel, which is why they are available for in-person sale only. They are not OMGZ items to own/flip to the point where you beg for a PB online. Good luck getting your PB to get a rock or a grappling hook (when it becomes available) through security/customs/border agents. If you want a cheap Banksy so bad, go get yourself a Tesco Petrol Bomb or Soup Cans and call it a day. Also, generally speaking, if you want something really badly, maybe it's not the best idea to advertise it publicly and increase competition for yourself. Y'all are lame. :)
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Damn bulky, ya need some fries with that salt?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
partpat
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Kramerica wrote:Damn bulky, ya need some fries with that salt?

He is right tho
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:27 pm

:twisted:
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Someone's been on the facebook
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
soupysound
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:52 pm

lol @ telling other people what to value or want in the art world. lame.

what's happening on FB? people begging for PBs or something?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:58 pm

I know this might be blasphemous, but while that image is cool the one on the tshirt with the pillow fight is great. i wish that was the print.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Kramerica wrote:Damn bulky, ya need some fries with that salt?
Duke is a #certifiedebballer can't be drymounted wit dis peon fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:47 pm

soupysound wrote:lol @ telling other people what to value or want in the art world. lame.

what's happening on FB? people begging for PBs or something?
People will do what they want. Just sharing my observations. Essentially, these are nothing to go nuts over, in my view. I thought the latter was a given on a forum, but maybe I need to put it in italics.
soupysound
Art Expert

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:57 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:Essentially, these are nothing to go nuts over
agreed but the banksy hype train left the station many years ago