Official Rhys Cooper Thread

General art-related discussion.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Regular is definitely better.

Sadly, though, a meh.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Looks good, reminds me of Rooney Mara.
jjdungca
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Great looking print but I am not familiar with the source material.
ImageImageImage
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Looks good, reminds me of Rooney Mara.
I thought the same thing.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:10 pm

im loving it! after studying each print, i do think that the regular blue is better...for me, to much red on the chick's face of the variant, she looks vampire-ish...goth, even bloody to me.

if you dont know what a leafy sea dragon is, or about their close cousins, the weedy sea dragons, you should educate yourself. sadly, they are at many public aquariums, and are simply replaced (at great cost to the aquarium...ive heard a single one can fetch thousands of dollars) whenever one dies in the tank. they are also kept in many home aquariums, but this should be entirely banned until we can properly aquaculture these unique creatures.

however, youtube can provide excellent footage of them and wonderful photos of the animals abound online. not true sea horses or pipe-fish, but distant relatives, they are honestly some of the most amazingly beautiful creatures we have discovered in our seas, perfectly camouflaged for their southeastern australian habitat, they move through the water with an un-paralleled grace, often just letting the currents carry them wherever the water flows...

...are we done with game of thrones in here yet? :roll: :P

where oh where are Cooper's copies of "the art of war"??? did he sell them already? does he plan to? did he even get any copies for himself from that posters-meet-classic-books show so long ago?
canuck
Art Freak

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:32 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Regular is definitely better.

Sadly, though, a meh.
Agreed. Too much focus can be drawn to this chick and all her damn hair. Still not bad. The detail looks great.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:13 pm

southerngarden wrote:
where oh where are Cooper's copies of "the art of war"??? did he sell them already? does he plan to? did he even get any copies for himself from that posters-meet-classic-books show so long ago?

According to Facebook, "soon" but we all know what that means.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:39 am

halftonegraphics wrote: According to Facebook, "soon" but we all know what that means.
Yeah it means my focus is on making art rather than selling it ;)
In all seriousness though I haven't had a break in over 2 years from booked jobs, (a break being more than 2 days in a row, and even that is rare...) being a one man machine it isn't easy for me all the time to organize drops when doing so takes a few days out of my timeline. That being said I do have some drops coming 'soon' and Art of War is one of them, just stay tuned to the group.
Even then I'm sure people will complain.
phips
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 pm

get an intern!
KMW089
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 pm

From Instagram earlier today:

He's drawing snakes, you guys... And not just snakes; vipers. :clap:
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 am

KMW089 wrote: He's drawing snakes, you guys... And not just snakes; vipers. :clap:
:shock:

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
ffactoryxx
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:02 pm

KMW089 wrote:From Instagram earlier today:

He's drawing snakes, you guys... And not just snakes; vipers. :clap:
Great Southern Trendkill Poster coming up?

southerngarden
Art Expert

Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:08 pm

seppuku wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote: According to Facebook, "soon" but we all know what that means.
Yeah it means my focus is on making art rather than selling it ;)
In all seriousness though I haven't had a break in over 2 years from booked jobs, (a break being more than 2 days in a row, and even that is rare...) being a one man machine it isn't easy for me all the time to organize drops when doing so takes a few days out of my timeline. That being said I do have some drops coming 'soon' and Art of War is one of them, just stay tuned to the group.
Even then I'm sure people will complain.
im sure people will complain, but it wont be me...ill just be happy to have a chance at owning your amazing Art of War print...thanks for posting RHYS.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:27 am

1xRun Referral
sasari
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 am

Love it.

Really hope we get some info on these soon, I barely managed to get my banners when Rhys resold the remainders so I want to get in early on these. The Hound and The Red Viper were two I was very interested in :drool: