Official Rhys Cooper Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:05 am
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 am

simianfever wrote:
MondoFanMichael wrote:Anyone still waiting on a mad max from Rhys besides me?
Got a shipping notice via PAYPAL late last night for my Mad Max reg. :D
Me too!
Image
User avatar
Odess
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 am

*groan* picked up the variant sub. $280, see ya. I really hope nothing I want drops in the next few weeks.

I seriously need to start a little FS thread. I am accumulating too much stuff with nowhere to hang it and running out of room to store it. I want to hang this GoT stuff, but honestly don't have the room anywhere.

Random note; Last year (I think it was anyway) around the time of the Required Reading show at G1988, I said something that Rhys needed to do something for GoT as he would really nail it. A bit over a year later, and what do you know!
User avatar
deadbolt1388
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 pm
Contact:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:20 am

Odess wrote:*groan* picked up the variant sub. $280, see ya. I really hope nothing I want drops in the next few weeks.

I seriously need to start a little FS thread. I am accumulating too much stuff with nowhere to hang it and running out of room to store it. I want to hang this GoT stuff, but honestly don't have the room anywhere.

Random note; Last year (I think it was anyway) around the time of the Required Reading show at G1988, I said something that Rhys needed to do something for GoT as he would really nail it. A bit over a year later, and what do you know!
Hard choice for me too but in the end i ended up he the reg 6. I plan on putting them all together in one frame. UNless it looks ridiculously long. Then i'll frame them into two groups of three. Framing wise, i'll have to wait to see what the next three banners are to make up my mind, though i def expect lion, dragon, kracken.
User avatar
tylt33
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 am

deadbolt1388 wrote:
Odess wrote:*groan* picked up the variant sub. $280, see ya. I really hope nothing I want drops in the next few weeks.

I seriously need to start a little FS thread. I am accumulating too much stuff with nowhere to hang it and running out of room to store it. I want to hang this GoT stuff, but honestly don't have the room anywhere.

Random note; Last year (I think it was anyway) around the time of the Required Reading show at G1988, I said something that Rhys needed to do something for GoT as he would really nail it. A bit over a year later, and what do you know!
Hard choice for me too but in the end i ended up he the reg 6. I plan on putting them all together in one frame. UNless it looks ridiculously long. Then i'll frame them into two groups of three. Framing wise, i'll have to wait to see what the next three banners are to make up my mind, though i def expect lion, dragon, kracken.
That would be a 6' long frame assuming no matting and no spacing between :hanging:
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
calexico
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:45 am

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 pm

will the 6 print subscription be available again when wave 2 goes online?
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm

calexico wrote:will the 6 print subscription be available again when wave 2 goes online?
Doubt it since these pre-orders are determining the edition size.
Maybe he'll set a few extras aside but in that case it would probably be very few.
User avatar
deadbolt1388
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 pm
Contact:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 pm

That would be a 6' long frame assuming no matting and no spacing between :hanging:[/quote]


6ft frame, i'll call it the wall and have the night's watch banner center :D
User avatar
robertozanzi
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm
Location: Miami Beach

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Can't wait to see the eventual framejobs on these things. Hopefully going to be epic.
User avatar
phips
Art Expert
Posts: 2923
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:35 pm
Location: California

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 pm

+1 Khal Drogo and Deny Targaryen variant
User avatar
deadbolt1388
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 pm
Contact:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Mockingbird
User avatar
Awesome
Art Expert
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Does anybody know where Rhys Cooper's stuff ships from?
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17562
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Awesome wrote:Does anybody know where Rhys Cooper's stuff ships from?
if you buy it from his blog or BeyondThePale, it ships from Australia
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
Awesome
Art Expert
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 pm

RiotAct wrote:
Awesome wrote:Does anybody know where Rhys Cooper's stuff ships from?
if you buy it from his blog or BeyondThePale, it ships from Australia
Thanks, yeah I am thinking about ordering the banners so with $240 and shipping and possible customs fees that is a decent amount of money.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18434
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:50 pm

We don't have customs fees.

How long have you lived here??
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
statik
Art Expert
Posts: 4225
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Awesome wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
Awesome wrote:Does anybody know where Rhys Cooper's stuff ships from?
if you buy it from his blog or BeyondThePale, it ships from Australia
Thanks, yeah I am thinking about ordering the banners so with $240 and shipping and possible customs fees that is a decent amount of money.
I'm in California. It was $280 total for the variant subscription with shipping, etc. I don't think that's a bad price at all when you consider Wave 1 pre order gets a bonus, wave 2 pre order (when it goes up) gets a bonus. Now if you have the subscription you get both bonuses. Variant subscription get all that plus a little something else. In the end we're looking at what started at 6 prints which could very well end up being more. Eight? Nine? TEN? fudge son I was happy with the six.
drymount your sig!
Post Reply