Dark Hall Mansion - Tom Whalen - A Charlie Brown Christmas

General art-related discussion.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 pm

bethemonkey wrote:This is why Mondo rocks... never these type problems.
Thats funny u mention this. DHM is using the same exact software that Mondo had used at one time, before Mondo made their custom mods and completely fixed their sale site. Check out your receipt. Thats also the same format, style, and order #'ing system as Mondo. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if DHM got help from Mondo/Justin/someone about their new checkout process. Its the same bro. It needs some tweeks but honestly, other than the 90+ minute wait for the drop to start, this drop wasnt all that bad. Their issue was calculating the shipping costs and allowing a buyer to select one. Well, that was my issue for a while. I actually left after I had carted what I wanted to take my gf to work (25 minute roundtrip). Got home and scored my first Whalen print. I was shocked I made it through. This is going to be great hanging this beauty each holiday season. +1 on the Variant. Looks like the reg edition sold out right before the variants, which seemed odd, so maybe I'm wrong on that, but thats how it appeared to me.

COngrats to those who scored. For those that didnt, flippers are undercutting each other like Ive never seen. ust make sure to buy from a seasoned ebay flipper. I have bought too many prints off of ebay from sellers who carelessly package their sales. Ok, off to enjoy this beautiful sunny weather.
meskell
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 pm

nowhitespace wrote:
Thats funny u mention this. DHM is using the same exact software that Mondo had used at one time, before Mondo made their custom mods and completely fixed their sale site. Check out your receipt. Thats also the same format, style, and order #'ing system as Mondo. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if DHM got help from Mondo/Justin/someone about their new checkout process. Its the same bro. It needs some tweeks but honestly, other than the 90+ minute wait for the drop to start, this drop wasnt all that bad. Their issue was calculating the shipping costs and allowing a buyer to select one.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
nc
EB Team

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:59 pm

anyone else get charged for tax twice?
flashphishin
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:02 pm

The cart system totally sucked. I was able to get through on my phone faster than my work computer for the first time ever. By the time I got through on my phone, I had 2 regs and 2 variants in my cart, and I hadn't even clicked the variants. Tried to get rid of variants and 1 reg, got hung up on the error meggase on like 20 or so refreshes. Came back up, variants gone but still 2 regs. Tried to get rid of 1 reg. Errors galore again. Came back up still 2 regs. Cursed DHM and 3dcart. Said drymount it, whet to checkout and got the same shipping issues as everyone else. Act of congress to select my state and paypal. Sign a bill of rights to get into paypal. Finally through though. Whew, but 1 too many. Only wanted one. Not contact them for a refund of one soooooo..............

So I'm thinking bout offering my other unwanted one for my cost plus shipping to a fellow member, well because THATS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT. I know some folks wanted this and missed out, so to make it fair, b/c I know people have walked away from their computers pissed or gone to get theirs heads right, Whatever, so if you HONESTLY missed out and want one....whoever wants one PM me, by lets say 6pm est. At 6ish I'll total the # of folks that PM'd me and assign a number in order of PM received 1 through whatever. Post the list here of #'s here. Do a random generator. And there you have it. I paid 163 for 2. Half is 81.50 plus shipping. We'll work it out.
**MY ONLY QUALIFYING MEMBER RULES** Be a member longer than me, or have more posts than me. Thats really easy. :pint:
MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!!

Edit: Running till 6pm. Thanks
Last edited by flashphishin on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limited Paper Mayne
thebends9 wrote:You fruitcakes need thicker skin.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Oversell!!! Refunds coming.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:23 pm

‎3-D Cart's checkout, like many other site's systems, allowed more orders to go through than there are posters, we apologize and of course those will be immediately refunded.
I've never seen a company deflect as much as I do in almost every single piece of communication that comes out. :lol:
Celsius
Flipper

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:32 pm

dylansdad wrote:Oversell!!! Refunds coming.
Oh you thought it was over? :rolling:
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:33 pm

So glad I sat this one out. Can't support these companies after the Great Pumpkin fiasco. Surprised more didn't do the same. They will never learn their lesson.
Small town pizza lawyer
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 pm

alteridiom wrote:So glad I sat this one out. Can't support these companies after the Great Pumpkin fiasco. Surprised more didn't do the same. They will never learn their lesson.
I feel really dirty after going in at the last minute and getting one for my wife.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:42 pm

alteridiom wrote:So glad I sat this one out. Can't support these companies after the Great Pumpkin fiasco. Surprised more didn't do the same. They will never learn their lesson.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Will power - I has it
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 pm

dylansdad wrote:
I feel really dirty after going in at the last minute and getting one for my wife.
I meant to wait and shower after purchasing one, to try and wash the shame off. But the drop came to late and I already showered. Now it will be on me all day, till I can drink it away... :pint:
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:01 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
dylansdad wrote:The problem is that they aren't charging enough. I think a higher price would reduce the crowds. They will probably learn their lesson and raise the price for their next release.
:lol:
Sorry that is stupid! They should have just sold it themselves with a proper checkout like Tommy Good / Alien corset etc or any of the other non-problematic sites, and shouldn't have gone with Emovieposter. The issue is as I said in an earlier post, DHM made a real shrewd business decision going with emovieposter and opening up the screenprint limited edition posters to normal movie poster collectors. For such a movie at Christmas it was bound to sell and generate the same traffic with their customers regardless of the price. The site has the highest price for movie posters anywhere - simply because they have thousands of customers and basically an open ended bidding system - unlike ebay. ie. as long as someone still bids they deadline keeps extending by 5 minutes . I know this wasn't the case with these posters but the fact is, there customers are used to paying high prices for posters, so for them 75$ was a bargain, but for us guys who are used to paying 40-50$ - $75 is a lot. Any putting posters up in price will kill the hobby for a lot us.

I would say that DHM have scored a huge success with the release and have opened up the market considereably, can you image if Mondo was to start selling their posters in partnership with emovieposters as well - oh my god, we would never get anything !!!!

Edit: I mean scored with the 'concept of selling through a third party like EMP' (regardless of the check problems which no doubt will be fixed eventually - just teething problems).
Last edited by jonkino on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ummagumma
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:05 pm

nowhitespace wrote:
Thats funny u mention this. DHM is using the same exact software that Mondo had used at one time, before Mondo made their custom mods and completely fixed their sale site. Check out your receipt. Thats also the same format, style, and order #'ing system as Mondo. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if DHM got help from Mondo/Justin/someone about their new checkout process. Its the same bro. It needs some tweeks but honestly, other than the 90+ minute wait for the drop to start, this drop wasnt all that bad. Their issue was calculating the shipping costs and allowing a buyer to select one. Well, that was my issue for a while. I actually left after I had carted what I wanted to take my gf to work (25 minute roundtrip). Got home and scored my first Whalen print. I was shocked I made it through. This is going to be great hanging this beauty each holiday season. +1 on the Variant. Looks like the reg edition sold out right before the variants, which seemed odd, so maybe I'm wrong on that, but thats how it appeared to me.

COngrats to those who scored. For those that didnt, flippers are undercutting each other like Ive never seen. ust make sure to buy from a seasoned ebay flipper. I have bought too many prints off of ebay from sellers who carelessly package their sales. Ok, off to enjoy this beautiful sunny weather.
Just because Mondo used it at one time doesn't excuse it. There's plenty of checkout systems out there that eliminate these problems. The style of DHM's site also really sucks (why is Charlie Brown's head cut off on the store page?).

The checklist of Sloppy:
1. Shitty Design and Style of Sites
2. Horrible Communication
3. Awful Checkout Service
4. Oversales
5. Over Pricing
6. Over Printing
7. Awkward Variant Colors (the original looks way better, not a shock why the regulars sold out first)

Can't wait to see how the shipping/packaging/customer service goes this time around. Trust me this list will need an update.

No need to compare these clowns to any other site (let alone Mondo)... they are in a league of their own.

Silky Johnston would have a hay-day on this