Grzegorz Domaradzki - Bitchin' Movie Posters

General art-related discussion.
pisker
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 pm

dzxtinkt wrote:If the Kickstarter project is successful tomorrow, there will only be 5 of this officially licensed Spanish Mask of Zorro Kickstarter poster! So, many of you guys are going to miss out big time.
Hey, if something happens an the project does not fully fund, will those who purchased a print still get it or will they be refunded? Thanks!
My Noob Confession: I used to actually type out "Drymount"
dzxtinkt
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 pm

pisker wrote:
dzxtinkt wrote:If the Kickstarter project is successful tomorrow, there will only be 5 of this officially licensed Spanish Mask of Zorro Kickstarter poster! So, many of you guys are going to miss out big time.
Hey, if something happens an the project does not fully fund, will those who purchased a print still get it or will they be refunded? Thanks!
Hey what's up pisker. If the project does not fully fund, none of the backers will be charged at all. In that case unfortunately nobody will recieve a print. :cry: We may decide to do a second attempt pisker and try our luck the second time around. In that case, we want you on our side during the second try.
pisker
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 pm

dzxtinkt wrote:
pisker wrote:
Hey what's up pisker. If the project does not fully fund, none of the backers will be charged at all. In that case unfortunately nobody will recieve a print. :cry: We may decide to do a second attempt pisker and try our luck the second time around. In that case, we want you on our side during the second try.

I've got your back DZXTINKT! Best of luck!
My Noob Confession: I used to actually type out "Drymount"
prevone
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 10, 2014 1:32 am

dzxtinkt wrote:
pisker wrote:
You should grab a group of guys here from EB for another Gabz.

I was real close to buying in on the Zoro Kickstart... But in the end The film just wasn't high enough on my Fav films list.

I've got a killer idea for a great Gabz commission.
Z0MBIEproof
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 10, 2014 1:52 am

prevone wrote:
dzxtinkt wrote:
pisker wrote:
You should grab a group of guys here from EB for another Gabz.

I was real close to buying in on the Zoro Kickstart... But in the end The film just wasn't high enough on my Fav films list.

I've got a killer idea for a great Gabz commission.

Aliens commission from gabz would be awesome!
Silhouette of the alien queen...hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Drake, the plane and car...exosuit......

I could go for days... You start this commission I'm game.
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Sat May 10, 2014 1:59 am

I need Gabz Akira.

I have no vague idea or concept for a piece.

But I need it.
Yesterday.
If not sooner.
Best Gabz print eva. Forget all the other stuff. Especially Zorro.
Image VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat May 10, 2014 2:05 am

Gabz is a busy guy and plenty of people have tried to get commissions from him. Part of the appeal for him doing Zorro is because they were able to get the license for this.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sat May 10, 2014 12:37 pm

OtomoChaser wrote:I need Gabz Akira.

I have no vague idea or concept for a piece.

But I need it.
Yesterday.
If not sooner.
Best Gabz print eva. Forget all the other stuff. Especially Zorro.
Not sure how anyone can do better than Stout's. And don't get me wrong, Gabz is likely my favourite artist in the screen printing realm. Stout's style is just too perfect for Akira.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 10, 2014 1:51 pm

kryptonite wrote:
Not sure how anyone can do better than Stout's. And don't get me wrong, Gabz is likely my favourite artist in the screen printing realm. Stout's style is just too perfect for Akira.
^ I have to agree with this. I've however accepted I'll never own Stout's Akira so to see Gabz tackle it would be pretty sweet.
allbloody
Art Expert

Sat May 10, 2014 1:53 pm

never say never bud!
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat May 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Gabz is great, but I have to agree with kryptonite, his level of detail isn't as necessary for an Akira print...I would've probably thrown Ansin out there given how well he matched an animation style with BatB...

I'm curious to see Gabz handle something more landscape, both in orientation and in the focus of his imagery. Strays away from his strengths in likenesses but kind of want to see something drastically different from him, just to really switch it up.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Sat May 10, 2014 2:56 pm

jkw3000 wrote:I'm curious to see Gabz handle something more landscape, both in orientation and in the focus of his imagery.
William Munny riding into Big Whiskey. I'd be all for a Gabz western theme, but Banderas Zorro... no.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Sat May 10, 2014 3:03 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... k-of-zorro

So where did the sudden 3k influx come from?
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat May 10, 2014 5:20 pm

captainhavoc wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... k-of-zorro

So where did the sudden 3k influx come from?
Think it was from the guy kickstarting. Numbers don't add up otherwise. Good for him to throw in to make this happen, even if I'm a horrible skeptic about their plans going forward...bravo to Gabz for getting another piece out there though.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 12, 2014 11:13 am

Anyone know what gabz is working on right now? Usually he's good for some sneak peaks
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters