For the Jacub Gagnon fans...

General art-related discussion.
saL
Art Expert

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 am

I must say that the price seemed steep at first, but considering the edition, the fact that this is a canvas print and not paper (much less likely to damage EVER), and the rarity of his releases in general, I think the price is very fair... also, if he was selling them at $150-200, they sell out in seconds, and be listed @ $400-500 on eBay within minutes.. this way, he basically jumps the secondary market, and makes the true fans/art appreciators happy... well done!..

actually, Kaws is doing the similar thing (with bigger numbers obviously) - releasing his prints at price that they sell on the secondary market, so the only people that get hurt are the flippers.. fans can always find the print almost at retail, and get their money back if they decide/need to sell...
ananda
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:35 am

price is a bit steep but i believe his prices will rise soon, and a lot of people are spending this amount for much less interesting releases... I am not sure i'll buy one but i am seriously thinking about it :D
Mancub
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback and I apologize to anyone who feels the price is too high. My last canvas prints (11x14") sold at $250 and as you can imagine, I don't get the same deals on printing/packaging/shipping as the gallery does, being just a one man show. I considered pricing these (12x16") at $275, but after tacking on shipping and tax there would be little difference in price (just the unpleasantness of unexpected fees).

Prints are few and far between for me at this time and as such I thought to make them special with smaller editions on canvas. I welcome your thoughts and appreciate hearing your feedback on this.

-Jacub
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:20 am

Mancub wrote:Thanks everyone for the feedback and I apologize to anyone who feels the price is too high. My last canvas prints (11x14") sold at $250 and as you can imagine, I don't get the same deals on printing/packaging/shipping as the gallery does, being just a one man show. I considered pricing these (12x16") at $275, but after tacking on shipping and tax there would be little difference in price (just the unpleasantness of unexpected fees).

Prints are few and far between for me at this time and as such I thought to make them special with smaller editions on canvas. I welcome your thoughts and appreciate hearing your feedback on this.

-Jacub
Don't sweat it, you're a baadass and the art is worth it. :pint:
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
ananda
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:57 am

thanks for the info jacub. Don't worry, you'l make a lot of us very happy with a high quality release :clap:
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 am

jacub - as others have said - i think for some great pieces of art that you are making available - and on canvas too - these are priced right on the money in my view.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:17 am

Would love these as a bigger print. Do you have any plans on the horizon for larger print releases Jacob?
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
Mancub
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Creating something of both quality and uniqueness is important to me and as a representation of my work. I'm happy that with these prints I can share something that I feel embodies the essence of my original work.
mrkyuss wrote:Would love these as a bigger print. Do you have any plans on the horizon for larger print releases Jacob?
Mrkyuss - I currently have nothing planned future print wise, but I'm sure larger prints will come in time! My work at the moment has been on the small/medium size so there is little I can do without taking it from it's original context.

-Jacub
willnyc555
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 am

Can't wait.
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 am

Bought both. Absolutely love these and cannot wait to get them. :)
Drink Life

Image T.K.C.
Maven
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:42 pm

"Spineless" and "Coat of Arms" prints are almost all spoken for. Get to Jacub's store quick if you want to score any.
wapalms
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Grabbed them both, surprised they're still up with a small run like that.
Image Image X2
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 pm

I wish there was a nice clear photo of each of the canvas editions up close.
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:32 pm

sixstringer wrote:I wish there was a nice clear photo of each of the canvas editions up close.

Great clear pics on his FB and Instagram. Only a couple left. Very happy for Jacub, his art crushes most. :D
Drink Life

Image T.K.C.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:41 pm

here's a few pics from Jacub's Facebook page that Devours mentioned. i am certainly happy I have picked up myself a Spineless piece - looks great. :D

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.