Primus Tour Posters!!!!!

General art-related discussion.
timc
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 pm

jools wrote:
timc wrote:Any of you guys know if their will be a Janes Addiction/Primus poster for the Hawaii show? Really stoked for the concert haven't Primus since Tales from the Punch Bowl! Managed to see Les in Oralando HOB 2004. Eveeery now and than Hawaii gets killer concerts! Last one was Tool!
heh, that was the one and only time i saw Primus, supporting Janes Addiction on the Ritual tour in glasgow, Primus blew Jane's away imho - lovin the Spusta, have we seen the Sperry yet?
Agree PRIMUS SUCKS!!!! If their is a show poster Primus should be first!!! Love my PEARL JAM u2 Klausen :D Everytime I look at it I cringe seeing u2 before PEARL JAM :lol:
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Interesting topic. If it's a show poster, then from a classical/traditional perspective, the headlining act should be featured on the poster. However, if it's a band poster, then maybe switched billing could legitimately apply. However, I tend to think Pearl Jam getting top billing over U2 is a stretch, so I would probably tend to pass on a poster like that, even though I like PJ.

Just my 2 cents worth.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
jools
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 pm

timc wrote: Everytime I look at it I cringe seeing u2 before PEARL JAM :lol:
i kinda feel the same with the Kozik Mudhoney/PJ poster tbh :twisted: ...no offence to the PJ army...different strokes for different folks eh? - although by jeeebus i hate U2 on a whole nother level :P
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
timc
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Interesting topic. If it's a show poster, then from a classical/traditional perspective, the headlining act should be featured on the poster. However, if it's a band poster, then maybe switched billing could legitimately apply. However, I tend to think Pearl Jam getting top billing over U2 is a stretch, so I would probably tend to pass on a poster like that, even though I like PJ.

Just my 2 cents worth.
I hear ya! But it is such a beautiful poster: Looks great on the wall! As much as I like Pearl Jam I agree U2 deserves top bill :twisted: Hoping their will be a poster for the Hawaii concert! Imagine it being full of EYE FRYING Hawaiian sunset colors like Sperry's American Artifact print, I feel lucky to have one.
America First.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm

wow! loving that SPUSTA...i bet the variants (and maybe an artist ed from marq?) will be sweet looking!

this is the first PRIMUS print from this tour that i will really go for...Marq is so awesome! i just ordered a tube from him last night!
timc
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:48 pm

jools wrote:
timc wrote: Everytime I look at it I cringe seeing u2 before PEARL JAM :lol:
i kinda feel the same with the Kozik Mudhoney/PJ poster tbh :twisted: ...no offence to the PJ army...different strokes for different folks eh? - although by jeeebus i hate U2 on a whole nother level :P
:evil: :lol:
America First.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:49 pm

About 6 variants of the Spusta should do the trick, don't y'all think?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:About 6 variants of the Spusta should do the trick, don't y'all think?
yeah, that should do it! 6 or 60...whatever 8)
timc
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:About 6 variants of the Spusta should do the trick, don't y'all think?
:lol: Looking forward to getting this print! Easy on the variants one is pleanty if any!
Dylan what posters did you get? I am think about getting a shirt when I get the Primus poster!
America First.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 pm

last night i grabbed a "blue" blissed out bug print and like my 8th Squiddy goodie pack to go with it (i love those Squiddy HBs so if anyone wants to unload some on me, pm me)...i recently picked up Marq's other small art print, qworman & zoloota, as well...its great!

but yeah, im thinking of grabbing the yellow bug shirt for my lady on one of my next orders....

as far as these primus posters go...the artists have been selling their copies pretty recently after the shows right?

i just know there is another Spusta Widespread Panic poster in the pipeline so i may wait for that one! :notworthy:
HelloExactly
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Loving all these Primus prints. So awesome to see one of my fave bands and my hobby come together. Just killer. Absolutely cannot wait for the Sperry. I'm losing my mind.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Primus Sucks
shibby
Art Expert

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Primus Sucks
its Mr. Krinkle!
boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Claypool is a genius. This poster series is shrn.
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Pollock tonight confirmed! Two color (red/green) portrait of the Congress Theatre. Hand carved/pressed on stonehenge.