Lonestar Posters DOT com?

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:57 am

So ya'll still bought something after reading this thread?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
djdrever
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:20 am

Nope, my wife bought something that she loved because it was the only place to find it. She doesn't read the EB forums and she didn't feel the need to check out a long-standing retail business that seemed legit.

We won't be buying again, of course, and will recommend to all our customers that, based on our experience, they should consider very carefully before ordering from them.

regards, dd
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 am

Codeblue wrote:So ya'll still bought something after reading this thread?

It was only twenty bucks, worth the gamble for something I can't find elsewhere. I will have a friendly chat with him sometime, he isn't a half bad person, his business is just the mucky part of him.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:32 am

-dd

Send me a pm of what your wife was looking for, perhaps I have a copy. I always happy to support a fellow beaner
johnnYYac

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:09 pm

So, its over a year since this thread had activity, and approaching a year since I ordered two Reno MMJ prints from Lonestar Posters, aka John Anderson. I just found some old emails from last year and thought I would share here. I'd tried calling, email, and a letter via USPS to Lonestar, with no response. Clint (Reno) said John is an upstanding dude, and I hear a lot of that in old posts here and elsewhere, yet never heard back. I blew my 45-day period to seek recourse via PayPal (d'oh!), but held out that he'd come through, as he seemed to have done for others (in the past). The Lonestar Posters Facebook page is full of posts similar to mine, with no resolution.

Does anyone have any info of this company? Any advice? Their website doesn't seem to exist anymore. I had originally ordered these two prints from Clint directly, but then saw Lonestar had 'em for much less and Clint graciously refunded me. Now, I'm out $80 and its less likely Clint will have 'em available. BTW, the prints are My Morning Jacket Cleveland 06 Reno - 1st and My Morning Jacket Columbus 10 Reno.

Here is the ONLY correspondence I have from Lonestar, a reply to an email last November...

John,

Posters will ship out tomorrow, look for them soon and thanks again.

http://www.lonestarposters.com/

John Anderson
Lone Star Posters
4901 Milwee St STE 206
Houston, TX 77092
PH 713.688.8866

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:45 PM, John wrote:

Hi John,

I recently ordered two Clinton Reno My Morning Jacket prints from your website and wonder the status of the order, placed on Nov. 25. The only confirmation I have is from PayPal, copied and pasted below.

Appreciate it.

John
Hillsboro, NH (now Iowa City)
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Go to GP and see if he's there. Or if anyone knows where he is.
johnnYYac wrote:I had originally ordered these two prints from Clint directly, but then saw Lonestar had 'em for much less and Clint graciously refunded me.
Of course, maybe he's just doing this to mess with you. Which would be consistent with what I know of John...because that's kind of a weak move.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:17 pm

guess he got sick of it all
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Cragars
Art Expert

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah that site's prices don't match the condition of the crap he's selling. Saw it was down today as well. :lol:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 pm

jojobadass wrote:guess he got sick of it all
Pimpin ain't easy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Bump
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
addieblue

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Hey this is Addie Anderson. I have been helping my dad rebuild his website and company over the past few months. Im posting here to let you know that our website is fully functional again. The past few years has been difficult for my family. My dad has been battling a litany of medical issues but we believe that the past is the past and we can move forward. We are proud to bring many posters that have been sitting on our shelves back to the world wide web. As a sign of good faith this is my personal email address: addiehazelblue@yahoo.com
Please let me know any questions or concerns! Much love. Addie blue.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:13 pm

addieblue wrote:Hey this is Addie Anderson. I have been helping my dad rebuild his website and company over the past few months. Im posting here to let you know that our website is fully functional again. The past few years has been difficult for my family. My dad has been battling a litany of medical issues but we believe that the past is the past and we can move forward. We are proud to bring many posters that have been sitting on our shelves back to the world wide web. As a sign of good faith this is my personal email address: addiehazelblue@yahoo.com
Why not provide your own company email address as well?

Gives a more professional perception and adds credibility to the renewed venture.

Current webpage has only a phone number and PO box.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
dougr
Site Admin

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:44 pm

addieblue wrote:Hey this is Addie Anderson. I have been helping my dad rebuild his website and company over the past few months. Im posting here to let you know that our website is fully functional again. The past few years has been difficult for my family. My dad has been battling a litany of medical issues but we believe that the past is the past and we can move forward. We are proud to bring many posters that have been sitting on our shelves back to the world wide web. As a sign of good faith this is my personal email address: addiehazelblue@yahoo.com
Hi Addie! Thanks for stopping by. i'm glad your dad is doing better, and that Lone Star Posters is back in business!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:51 pm

addieblue wrote:we believe that the past is the past and we can move forward.
Not around these parts

especially if there's people out there you still owe prints to
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
Cragars
Art Expert

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:46 am

Took a chance when some old Jay Ryan gp's popped up and got my poster within the week. Nice turn around from the last time I ordered. :pint: