Busy walls.... or clean walls?

General art-related discussion.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:02 am

nimsu8 wrote:Is it supposed to be a 'real life' Calvin and Hobbes?
Yes. The sketch was made to be part of a hero initiative auction that didn't work out.

(Apologies to hirschy for 'jacking his thread as I am really glad this topic is being discussed. I'm done now.)
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
ottopsy
Art Enthusiast

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:06 pm

I like clean walls when at home. Like others have said that rule don't apply in my "working space".

I guess in some way I find it's compareable to music, I appreciate it a lot more when every song I enjoy isn't played at the same time. If it's music I know in and out yet still love, it might not be the worst idea however to blast it all out simultaneously in my working space to give me a break every once in a while. It might prove inspirational if it allowed me to appreciate their different qualities at the same time. Or maybe I would just be left to myself, undisturbed, like I intend to while working.

sorry: :pint:
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:This is my favorite wall in our apartment. It's been tweaked a bit since this picture, but you get the idea.
I prefer clean since it's so hard to put a bunch together well.

But what you've done there is amazing. The whole makes a great pattern and the individual art is evident as well.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 pm

hirschy75 wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
JAWilmesJr wrote:This is my favorite wall in our apartment. It's been tweaked a bit since this picture, but you get the idea.
jeez, I'm sorry but I just don't like this at all. Some great pieces in there for sure but the overall effect does not help the art shine. The random spacing is really distracting.
I agree....... Wilmes send me that blue bird :D

Just messin, I like it
Like I said, they have been tweaked a bit since that picture but honestly it looks a lot better in person than it does in a picture. I've got nothing but positive response when people come to visit, even those that don't "care" about art. I also plan on adding about 4-6 more of her pieces to that wall so it will continue to move and reshape. I respect that others like "clean" hanging, I just find it boring if it's a large room or all the sizes are the same. Obviously, not all of my walls are done that way.

And hirschy, I respect your commitment.
Goonies never say die!
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm

veltri wrote:
I prefer clean since it's so hard to put a bunch together well.

But what you've done there is amazing. The whole makes a great pattern and the individual art is evident as well.
Thanks, appreciate the positive and not so positive comments throughout the thread.
Goonies never say die!