Official KingdomOfNonsense thread!!

General art-related discussion.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Obviously since Jay isn't gonna be going anywhere else anytime soon I figured it was time for an official thread. Me and many others can't wait for more upcoming prints so if you got any info, post it here!!

+1 on today's release :pint:
Same fudge, different drop.
fCon
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:24 pm

The subscription email I just got was a great read for sure. :lol:
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Right on man cool!

I might as well post the release from the mailing list here. Spots are filling up but there are still around half open right now :pint:

The Ninth Circle Is Upon Us!

OHEY!
Skin burns, eyes squint, feet stink. Summer is here and so is the long besought
Kingdom of Nonsense 2011/2012 Print Subscription!
Now this is no ordinary print subscription. It's a quest. A quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our smiles!
Well, by "all" I mean the 69 people who become founding members of...

The Ninth Circle of Nonsense

As a member of the Ninth Circle you will receive AT MINIMUM 16 exclusive posters from Kingdom of Nonsense over the course of the next year. Now when I say exclusive I mean exclusive. The posters made for the Ninth Circle will only ever be available to the Ninth Circle and will never go on sale anywhere else. They will range from art prints, movie posters, gig posters and whatever other type of poster you can imagine in between. They will, of course, always be hand screen printed by me. Now you'll notice I said "at minimum" you will recieve 16 posters in your subscription. In all liklihood you will receive quite a bit more but we've got to set the bar someplace.
In addition to your 16 posters you will also receive enough bonus items to fill a kiddie pool! Everything from t-shirts to sticker packs to buttons to stencils to disco mix tapes to holiday themed beer koozies (I lifted that one from my parents). Basically I got your office party gifts taken care of this year.
For all of my comissioned work for the next year I will do my best to include a copy for each Ninth Circle member but in the event that runs aren't high enough Ninth Circle members will be given first dibs on ALL posters I sell. I will also include test prints, APs and variants of all non-circle work in your tubes whenever possible.
My goal here is for every member of the Ninth Circle to happily renew their spot for the 2012/2013 season because 2011/2012 was just so damn awesome!

In addition to your 16+ posters, bonus schwag and exclusive jump on other drops you will all recieve signing bonuses this year.
First up we have a poster I made for the film Repo Man.
As some of you may know I was asked by Gallery 1988 to participate in their Crazy4Cult 5 show this year. I was absolutely honored to be a part of such an awesome show and chose Repo Man as the subject of my piece.
I made a few posters for the film and ultimately chose the weirdest of them to send to the gallery (that one will be released at the show's opening on July 8th) but I still wanted to print this more straight forward take on the subject. This poster is titled 'Do Some Crimes' and I decided the Ninth Circle launch would be a perfect excuse to print it!

Do Some Crimes is an 18x24 2 color split fountain affair with a glow-in-the-dark green layer on top and an edition of 69. The poster was inspired by an old Rolling Stones peice I saw a while back. It's a lot of fun and is only available to members of the Ninth Circle.
In addition I've created a series of OHEY t-shirts and posters for Ninth Circle members titled The Living Hey Trilogy

LIke everything else these shirts will ONLY be availabe to members of the Ninth Circle and will be sent out along with Do Some Crimes as a bonus package for signing up.
(S, M, L and XL are available. If you need larger sizes let me know and we'll make it work).
As if that weren't enough each member of The Ninth Circle of Nonsense will recieve their very own personal membership card!

Now I can't guarantee success every time but I was able to get 50% off my ice cream today and a really funny look from the bank teller when I presented my Ninth Circle card.
I'd say in a couple decades this card will easily pay for itself.

The Ninth Circle of Nonsense 2011/2012 membership will go on sale Friday, July 15th to the general public but you beautiful people on my mailing list (and EB) can have first crack at it right now!
To enroll simply toss me an email (ironjaiden[at]gmail.com) and I will send you a pre-sale link!
The cost for the year will be $270 (that's $16 per poster!) and includes everything.
I will be shipping 5 (possibly 6 if I go nuts) fat tubes throughout the year filled to the brim with nonsense.
Like I said there are 69 open spots. Once those spots fill that's it for the year. I want to make sure the quality of the subscription is as high as humanly possible so we're going to keep this thing nice and intimate.
If this manages to sell out before July 15th then there won't be a general sale to the public.
The edition number on the posters will coincide with your subscription number so if you've got a preference get in early and let me know so I can reserve that spot for you.

I've got some REALLY cool things planned for the Ninth Circle so get in where you fit in folks!
Last edited by ironjaiden on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Gonna be a stampede! Unreal offers and an insane amount of goodies!

In like Flynn!!! :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Insane if you pass this up. :clap:

+1
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Definitely got in on this. Jay's work is too much fun and he is too nice a dude to pass it up.

J, you have my sub cherry. :pint: :lol:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
retter
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:09 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
can i be your offcial proof reader? ;)
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:09 pm

SaintNoir wrote:

J, you have my sub cherry. :pint: :lol:
Haha I'll be gentle with it 8)
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:14 pm

retter wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:
can i be your offcial proof reader? ;)
Haha yeah I uploaded the misspelled file.

Fixed :)
clandestinex
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah this is freakin awesome in every way :clap:
On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody.
Patman6986
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:42 pm

+1
this is going to take some of the pressure off of my f5 key,
but I think for the next year I wll be wasting alot more time sitting on my porch eagerly awaiting the mailman
just to clarify - everything you own counts - but towards what is up to you. - goldenrose
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:44 pm

ahahahaha 69 8)
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Alright so the response to the pre-sale has been awesome! The Circle is filling up a whole lot faster than I thought it would. I'm not sure if I should just let it fill up through the pre-sale alone or cut it off in a little bit and have some subs left over for a "proper" release on the 15th.
If anyone has any strong feelings either way hit me up 8)
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:58 pm

I look at it like I just paid 90 clams apiece for 3 of the sweetest living dead shirts I've seen. The rest is just gravy :clap:
ImageX5 Hodor Image
virtualmert
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 pm

DAMN, i need some loot fast! :hanging:
:cautiously removes pants: