1xRUN

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7177
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Scottjohnston wrote:
GmidD wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I think they mistook saner for sainer and we're looking to flip...
Probably this
Yup :lol:
Gotta be blind to confuse the two.
User avatar
GmidD
Art Expert
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 pm

bubbie wrote:
Scottjohnston wrote:
GmidD wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I think they mistook saner for sainer and we're looking to flip...
Probably this
Yup :lol:
Gotta be blind to confuse the two.
Lot of dumb/uninformed people out there.
User avatar
soupysound
EB Trainee
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 pm

Title: 'Avalokiteshvara' | Mantradala Series
Size: 24" x 24"
Colors: 7 (Metallic Inks)
Paper: Black Arches 250 GSM
Edition (AP's): 13
http://cryptik.bigcartel.com/product/av ... print-ap-s

$300? :hanging:
Image
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5733
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:21 pm

soupysound wrote:Title: 'Avalokiteshvara' | Mantradala Series
Size: 24" x 24"
Colors: 7 (Metallic Inks)
Paper: Black Arches 250 GSM
Edition (AP's): 13
http://cryptik.bigcartel.com/product/av ... print-ap-s

$300? :hanging:
I agree that the $300 is a lot, but it is really the same as P&T does with Horkey - selling them at current market value. Too bad my funds are allocated elsewhere or I would grab one.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
soupysound
EB Trainee
Posts: 3785
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Image
User avatar
nevadinova
Art Expert
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:00 am

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

soupysound wrote:archive access up...

http://1xrun.com/runs/Archive_Access
Shady, shady business.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Not really.
Image
User avatar
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 pm

nevadinova wrote:
soupysound wrote:archive access up...

http://1xrun.com/runs/Archive_Access
Shady, shady business.
I agree 100%
The Original Pure Hemp Rolling Papers NOT Made In CHINA Unlike A Lot Of Our Competitors

PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
User avatar
greedy21
Art Expert
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Why is it shady business? Not familiar with 1xRun
User avatar
mathab
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:36 pm
Location: White Mts, NH

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:29 pm

greedy21 wrote:Why is it shady business? Not familiar with 1xRun
they have "1 left" every few months for 2-3x original price... the markup is bad enough but pretending there's one left over and over is truly annoying.
User avatar
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:34 pm

false limited editions basically. After acquiring the James Jean from Pow Wow Hawaii, on the COA, I noticed it was edition of 25. + 3 AP + 2 PP + 2 Gallery Proofs. I mean c'mon, you have almost 30% more prints than the run just for "proofs" :roll: If it wasn't for a James Jean, I would never of purchased and supported 1xrun.

Not to mention, APs are really for the artist to sell and profit from, not so the printer can jack the price way up and reap the rewards.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Yet y'all keep buying?

Shitty computer printouts. Serious bidness.
Image
User avatar
GmidD
Art Expert
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:39 pm

666ways2love wrote:false limited editions basically. After acquiring the James Jean from Pow Wow Hawaii, on the COA, I noticed it was edition of 25. + 3 AP + 2 PP + 2 Gallery Proofs. I mean c'mon, you have almost 30% more prints than the run just for "proofs" :roll: If it wasn't for a James Jean, I would never of purchased and supported 1xrun.

Not to mention, APs are really for the artist to sell and profit from, not so the printer can jack the price way up and reap the rewards.
Do you know for a fact that James didn't get the APs? I know the archive sales seem a bit shady to some, but most galleries/print houses hold back copies in case there is damage durring shipping so I suspect that's where most of the prints in the archive sale come from as most of them tend to be from the original numbered run as opposed to APs/PPs/etc. While, personally, I'm not a fan of the archive sales either, I don't really consider it "shady" and have bought and, will continue to buy from 1xRun because they have solid artists on board, the print quality is excellent, and they pack/ship better than 99% of galleries I've bought from.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:40 pm

GmidD, I wouldn't bother. You can't help stupid.
Image
User avatar
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:44 pm

regarding the James print and the special circumstances with where they were sold and etc, I don't know if 1x has any of them. That statement was more for the general way they do archives

and alittle, not sure if the 'stupid' comment was directed at me, if so, c'mon man? Not necessary. I've bought and/or sold with Geoff in the designer toy world. I'm not some bright eyed noob
Last edited by 666ways2love on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply