Rich Kelly appreciation thread

General art-related discussion.
CrazyBread
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:53 am

Gimme gimme! More Gosling on my wall please.
*** F5 Crew ***
RichKelly
Art Enthusiast

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 am

Hello to anyone who is interested in my work!

First off, what's wrong with you? Just kidding, thanks for liking my work.

Just thought I would share this bit of info here. I'm going to sell 10 very high quality giclee prints of my Game of Thrones-themed painting, Ambush, today at 2pm EST for $110 plus shipping. Along with the purchase of a print you will receive a small drawing of a character of your choosing. If you (A) like the style in which I draw, and (B) like Game of Thrones, this is maybe a cool opportunity. If neither of those two conditions apply then you probably are like "I don't care, leave me alone."

Here is a nice little jpeg

and here is a where it can be found.. http://richkelly.bigcartel.com/product/ambush

I'm also thinking about making a small print of that editorial illustration I did for The New Republic's review of The Place Beyond The Pines (which I saw last weekend and highly recommend.) Would anyone be interested in that?

TheDarkness
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:13 am

Yeah i would be interested in that The Place Beyond The Pines print. It looks great.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 am

Total subject change, but I got my Django Unchained yesterday. Immediately put it on the wall. I made the correct choice when I sold the Stout Django to make room for this. Rich's version just fits the movie PERFECTLY! Love it!
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:25 am

Wow! Those are both killer! Definitely interested in both of those. That Pines illustration is amazing!
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:28 am

ChrisV wrote:Total subject change, but I got my Django Unchained yesterday. Immediately put it on the wall. I made the correct choice when I sold the Stout Django to make room for this. Rich's version just fits the movie PERFECTLY! Love it!
Agreed, you made a good call there; Rich's is definitely the better of the two.
danjohnjohnson
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 am

dinkydoggy wrote:
ChrisV wrote:Total subject change, but I got my Django Unchained yesterday. Immediately put it on the wall. I made the correct choice when I sold the Stout Django to make room for this. Rich's version just fits the movie PERFECTLY! Love it!
Agreed as well. Kelly's version fits the movie's overall "western" theme much more than the Stout. Hard to compare two totally different styles though...

Definitely interested in a Place Beyond The Pines print, Rich!
ChrisV
Art Expert

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:42 am

danjohnjohnson wrote:
dinkydoggy wrote:
Agreed as well. Kelly's version fits the movie's overall "western" theme much more than the Stout. Hard to compare two totally different styles though...

Definitely interested in a Place Beyond The Pines print, Rich!
Well I know you can't compare the two styles, but if you watch the movie, and look at the two posters, Kelly's stands out more when it comes to the color palette of the movie and the overall feel of the movie.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 am

ChrisV wrote: I got my Django Unchained yesterday. Rich's version just fits the movie PERFECTLY! Love it!
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 am

TheDarkness wrote:Yeah i would be interested in that The Place Beyond The Pines print. It looks great.
sign me up!
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 am

jlabbate wrote:
TheDarkness wrote:Yeah i would be interested in that The Place Beyond The Pines print. It looks great.
sign me up!
rmjguttermouth
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 am

RottenAtom wrote:
jlabbate wrote:
sign me up!
Benjames500
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Would love to get my hands on one of those Rich! Make it happen!

A 24x18 version would be awesome. Wouldn't want to use up the space I've kept on my wall for a Django if I can pick one up!
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:14 pm

RichKelly wrote:Just thought I would share this bit of info here. I'm going to sell 10 very high quality giclee prints of my Game of Thrones-themed painting, Ambush, today at 2pm EST for $110 plus shipping.

I'm also thinking about making a small print of that editorial illustration I did for The New Republic's review of The Place Beyond The Pines (which I saw last weekend and highly recommend.) Would anyone be interested in that?
YES and YES
lsmith55
Art Expert

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes to place beyond the pines :)