Your favorite Jeremy Geddes print.

General art-related discussion.

What is your favorite Jeremy Geddes print.

A Perfect Vacuum
25%
Cafe
11%
The Street
8%
Heat Death
27%
Alley 
3%
Adrift
7%
White cosmonaut
8%
Red Cosmonaut
2%
Redemption
2%
There is Glory in Our Failure
1%
Freeway
1%
Cluster Study
2%
Lady Sham Inspects the Damage 
1%
Saint Jeremiah Finally Receives Illumination 
2%
Cosmonaut 1
1%
Cosmonaut 3
1%
Cosmonaut 4
No votes

Total votes: 182
srdzevon
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Ok, i'll wait to post in the poll thread.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Lomier66 wrote:Image

Because it’s so beautiful! Considering selling a kidney to try and raise the funds to make a tempting offer on one :lol:
:clap:
Every morning I awake as someone else.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 pm

protestant work ethic was never made into a print.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
srdzevon
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:07 pm

1: The Cafe - The eeriness of it gets me. It seems that something terrible is happening, but the image is so calm.

2: A Perfect Vacuum - The image is violent: the breaking window, the falling books, the fluttering dove. The floating woman seems to be peaceful though, relaxed. Her left hand is resting loosely on her her ankle. Everything is just fine to her.

NOTE: 1 and 2 could be switched (or a tie). Won't know for sure untill they are both in hand.

3: There is Glory in our Failure
4: Heat Death
then all the rest of them.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
VestboyMyst
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:08 pm

heat death and/or adrift
treweman
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

As with any print, it is difficult to honestly evaluate without having the art in front of you. Nonetheless, I voted for A Perfect Vacuum as # 1 on my list. I have already given a long explanation of my take on the image, so I won't repeat it here. Let's just say that APV is at the top of my list by quite a bit.
#1 A Perfect Vacuum
#2 Cafe
#3 White Cosmonaut
#4 Redemption
#5 Alley
#6 Heat Death
#7 Street
#8 Glory
#9 Freeway
#10 Adrift
#11 Red Cosmonaut
# ... the rest

Adrift and Red Cosmo are at the bottom of my list because of the dominance of Black and Red. I like the images, and might like these better if (as another poster suggested) they were grouped with White Cosmo and Redemption. Sadly, I don't own White Cosmo ...
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 pm

treweman wrote:As with any print, it is difficult to honestly evaluate without having the art in front of you. Nonetheless, I voted for A Perfect Vacuum as # 1 on my list. I have already given a long explanation of my take on the image, so I won't repeat it here. Let's just say that APV is at the top of my list by quite a bit.
#1 A Perfect Vacuum
#2 Cafe
#3 White Cosmonaut
#4 Redemption
#5 Alley
#6 Street
#7 Freeway
#8 Glory
#9 Adrift
#10 Red Cosmonaut
# ... the rest

Adrift and Red Cosmo are at the bottom of my list because of the dominance of Black and Red. I like the images, and might like these better if (as another poster suggested) they were grouped with White Cosmo and Redemption. Sadly, I don't own White Cosmo ...
Just out of curiosity, does heat death not make your list at all? Or not there because you don't have one?
tpeazy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Vacuum at no.1?! It's good, but c'mon now. Seems like a fliptastic way to vote in order to raise the trade bait/value of the print.
Collecting Geddes was a lot more fun before all the assholes showed up.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:51 pm

tpeazy wrote:Vacuum at no.1?! It's good, but c'mon now. Seems like a fliptastic way to vote in order to raise the trade bait/value of the print.
Not everyone has a cosmonaut booner. I for one am glad every time one of his prints is sans spaceman.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:58 pm

It doesn't surprise me to see APV at #1. What surprises me is seeing people vote The Street or Cafe. Street because there is nothing it does that heat death doesn't do better. And cafe because it just isn't as good in comparison to the others, although some people are attracted to the whole creepy vibe and I guess cafe probably does that better than any of his others so I can almost understand that one.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:58 pm

srdzevon wrote:
tpeazy wrote:Vacuum at no.1?! It's good, but c'mon now. Seems like a fliptastic way to vote in order to raise the trade bait/value of the print.
Not everyone has a cosmonaut booner. I for one am glad every time one of his prints is sans spaceman.

Rarely seen, the 'srdzevon' edition of Freeway:

Image :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
srdzevon
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Well when you put it that way :lol:
ImageX5 Hodor Image
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Dude, what is it that you don't understand in Perfect Vacuum = broader appeal
Was there really a doubt as soon as this image was released that this would be by far Geddes most popular image? Not a single one.
Not everyone wants to hang a cosmonaut that seems to come down of a rope ala SWAT to operate his mission.
Geez.. I hope the next release is a bunch of clustered cosmonauts, so that I don't have to explain myself to the ''hardcore'' fans.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
treweman
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Just out of curiosity, does heat death not make your list at all? Or not there because you don't have one?
Caught the error moments after I submitted my post, tried to correct the oversight before anyone commented ... but you beat me to it. Heat Death is on its way to me as I write this :wink: so its a little odd that I left it out. Oh well ... it doesn't change my #1.
Vacuum at no.1?! It's good, but c'mon now. Seems like a fliptastic way to vote in order to raise the trade bait/value of the print. Collecting Geddes was a lot more fun before all the assholes showed up.
EB members who resort to calling other members names because they don't agree with an opinion or point of view have been around for a long time. And I had to buy my APV after the release because I failed at the drop -- not exactly a "fliptastic" move.
Illmatick
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Why is Cluster not on the poll?
That is my favorite followed by Redemption.
Cannot wait for the larger size of Cluster, per his email, there is suppose to be one coming out. The small one sold out in about an hour (ed. of 70 and only to email customers) oh....remember the days when you could be on a special list that you had to be asked to be put on cause you really gave a sh*it about the artist...
If people think Vacuume is insane, wait until they catch wind on Cluster on an official release!