Spoke Art - News, Releases, Shows, & Info!

General art-related discussion.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

I spent a few hours at the gallery yesterday, giving Ken bad advice and drinking his beer. It was a rough day.

There's going to be so much stuff at this show. Do make it out if you can, if only for the in-person prints and the free...stuff.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
rrd
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 31, 2011 5:07 pm

RottenAtom wrote:From Inside the Rock Poster Frame:
O-Ren Ishii.jpg
hell yes, stoked for the next part of that series...
Ken
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:14 pm

A very, very big thanks to everyone who came out last night for the opening of Quentin vs. Coen: Round Two. It was great meeting so many EB members in person and seeing such resounding support from the local community. Opening night pics below, courtesy of Colin M. Day Photography (except for the crappy cell phone pic of the line, that's all me).
The show is on view until June 30th, the gallery is open Tuesday - Saturday from noon to 7pm. New prints will be released in individual drops throughout the course of the month (with a couple late entries showing up soon too!)

Risible
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Is that a Budich O Brother Where Art Thou? Looks like his work...
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Looks like I have to come back for seconds
bigmuls
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:01 pm

I enjoyed the first show very much, wish I could've made it for the second. Thanks for the pics!
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Ken, I'm flying into San Fran Sunday night leaving Wednesday morning. Is it possible for me to stop by the show on Tuesday, buy prints and have them mailed to me in Atlanta? I'm afraid the TSA might think they are made of drugs. O_o

Also, is everything at the show available to purchase in-store?
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:11 am

well look at this..what timing! just came in the mail today!

Joshua Budich - Pulp Fiction
pulpfictionpreview.jpg
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
nigrone
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:30 am

Does anyone know who drew that Calvin and Hobbes portrait??? :shock:
Ken wrote:With Quentin vs. Coen Round Two opening in exactly one week, and the standard mayhem and madness that's bound to ensue, it's time to play some catch up before the shite hits the fan next Thursday.... Last weekend, Spoke participated in our very first fine art fair. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to attend one before, every major city typically hosts at least one fine art fair a year. The big one is in December in Miami (Art Basel: Miami), a couple years back I saw a nine hundred thousand dollar Mark Ryden painting sell on opening night there, so needless to say it's a pretty crazy experience/weekend. Anyhow, the SF Fine Art Fair is getting better with each passing year, and this year a new satellite fair, ArtPadSF opened up.

ArtPad took place at the Phoenix hotel in SF, a trendy boutique hotel with uber hip bar, restaurant and poolside (sorta like the Roosevelt in LA). For the fair, each gallery rented out a room in the hotel, all the furniture was cleared out and we set up shop for the weekend. Even though the gallery has only been open for a couple weeks, the organizers of the fair were familiar with us and invited us to participate. Sales were great, we sold out the remaining Rod Luff works and also moved paintings by Serge Gay Jr., Audrey Pongracz, Sandi Calistro, Brian M. Viveros and Scott Scheidly.

Photos courtesy of Warholian.

mistersmith
Art Freak

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:32 pm

nigrone wrote:Does anyone know who drew that Calvin and Hobbes portrait??? :shock:
Casey Weldon. You want it? Here it is:

http://store.spoke-art.com/product/case ... ust-packed
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:10 pm

So does anyone know when Spoke-Art is going to release these prints on their site?
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Gkohler wrote:So does anyone know when Spoke-Art is going to release these prints on their site?
Ken commented about it on this very page.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Wow everything looks great Ken.I may have to come out to check everything out.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:34 am

Gkohler wrote:So does anyone know when Spoke-Art is going to release these prints on their site?
The show is on view until June 30th, the gallery is open Tuesday - Saturday from noon to 7pm. New prints will be released in individual drops throughout the course of the month (with a couple late entries showing up soon too!)
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Totally missed the land of posters while trekking through swampland last week for work, but was pleased to come home and find that my wife had somehow scored #4 of Pulp Fiction! And I said, "Hey, wait a minute!" :shock:

+1 Pulp Fiction

Anyone know if there's a preview page or thread for the Q vs. C show, for round 2?