Spoke Art - News, Releases, Shows, & Info!

General art-related discussion.
therivler1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:07 pm

as long as they are not too expensive, +1 on the tee
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:09 pm

dylansdad wrote:Oh, man--I'm gonna buy one of these.
Me too. And a few for Xmas presents if they're ready in time.
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Ken wrote: Image
Is that my stomach talking to my lunch?
tehhippy
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:25 pm

ceevee wrote:
Ken wrote: Image
Is that my stomach talking to my lunch?
Nope, it's your lunch talking to your stomach.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Spoke shirts? Best idea ever man.
fry
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:52 pm

i totally have to grab me one of them t-shirts
Ken
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Serge Gay Jr. - "Absolute Happiness"
Opening reception: Saturday, December 2nd
Show on view until December 31st.

Spoke Art is pleased to present Absolute Happiness; new works by Serge Gay Jr. With his mastery of color and political imagery, Serge brings you into worlds he has explored through his life’s many travels. His birthplace of Haiti and later migration to the United States shapes his constant merging of potent social commentary with pop culture. He skillfully blends realistic figures with surrealism in a fashion which commands attention. This multifaceted artist uses his work as a chronicle; a timeline of life’s experiences and the journeys that have caught his heart.

The work encompassing Absolute Happiness leads you into the intimate diary of Serge Gay Jr. Each painting tells a different story, with lines delineating a before and after. Happiness and catastrophe, love gained and love lost, finding a home in a foreign place and the corruption of politics can be found in the crevasses of Gay’s brush strokes. For some, the search for happiness is a never-ending quest, for others, satisfaction is enough. These are the stories which Serge invites you to explore.

About the artist:
Serge Gay Jr. was born in Port-Au Prince, Haiti and has lived in New York, Miami, and Detroit before settling in San Francisco. Serge attended New World School of the Arts in Miami, FL and later graduated from The College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. He has shown with Medicine Agency Gallery, The Barber Lounge, Gallery Bottle Rocket, 111 Minna Gallery, and was recently nominated for a Grammy for his collaboration with director Matt Stawski for Cee Lo Green’s music videos “F*ck You” and “It’s Ok”. Serge is a graphic designer, fine artist and illustrator but he most identifies himself as a painter. As a third generation artist, art is in his blood.

Ken
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:02 pm

Proud to announce our next fine art print diptych, Jessica Hess' 'SF Billboard Day & Night.'

Hess is a renowned San Francisco based photorealistic oil painter, her graffiti covered landscapes have been featured in galleries across the country for the past decade (most recently with a solo at the prestigious White Walls Gallery in SF.) More work by the artist here - http://jessicahess.com/

For this release, we've got a matching number set of two prints that are signed, numbered and featured hand deckled edges on our beautiful 300gsm watercolor paper, printed with archival giclee ink.

Prints measure 12" x 16", the matching number set will be $60 and comes from a tiny edition of only 30.

releasing Wednesday, December 7th at 2pm PST -
http://store.spoke-art.com/product/jess ... rd-diptych

Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Ken wrote:[i
hot damn :shock:
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Ken wrote:Proud to announce our next fine art print diptych, Jessica Hess' 'SF Billboard Day & Night.'
I thought at first glance that these were two photos. Hot damn. That is some precision and understanding of color perception in varied light.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:53 am

The colours make it seem like candy. Or crack...
emac
Art Expert

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Picked up a dyptch set. Love the photorealistic painting style. :)
Ken
Art Expert

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:08 am

Exclusive head's up for EB members, haven't sent this out to the blogs yet, and with such limited quantities I wanted to give EB a first notice on tomorrow's Tim Doyle wood variant releases.

As we continue our big holiday releases, Spoke Art is very, very proud to announce two brand new print releases with superstar artist Tim Doyle. Tomorrow, Friday December 9th, we will be releasing exclusive wood variants of Doyle's Kurt Vonnegut and Wes Anderson-inspired prints, "Got to be Kind" and "He is the Zissou." Quanties are super limited and we do expect these to sell out quickly.

Also, Tim will be debuting his first ever solo art show with Spoke in February 2012. We've seen some of the new works, hold onto your hats because this one will be well worth the wait!

halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:09 pm

I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:14 pm

I now have a little section of hallway dedicated to Fantastic Mr. Fox:

Image Image Image Image Image Image