Spoke Art - News, Releases, Shows, & Info!

General art-related discussion.
rrd
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:56 am

dylansdad wrote:There are several artists really stepping up their game this year. I'm looking at you, Rhys Cooper.
for real, this cooper tarantino series is killing me its so good. i hope there's plans for more!
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Posting from 30,000 feet above your heads, ya bastards!

They were sold out of all of the prints that are considered the first Rhys Cooper set (The Bride, Shoshanna, Hammersmark). They had all 3 prints of the 2nd set (Oren Ishii, Zoe, Mia Wallace). So if you're looking for any or all of the first set you may have to ask Rhys pretty please with a cherry on top, or just cross your fingers, toes and other appendages when he drops them on his site because I'm sure they'll sell out like he's Tyler Stout Jr.

Oddly enough, they had a good amount of Budich Pulp Fictions. Kind of surprising since Ken said they sold out online in 4 Goddamn minutes. IIRC I got 3 of them; 2 for people that asked and 1 for myself, but I may offer to sell/trade that one depending on my wall real estate situation. I'm not a huge fan of Budich, so I figured worst case scenario is I have a highly desirable print for trade. I...kind of went hog wild there. ;)

I wish I could have helped everyone and I apologize for the few people that messaged me a few minutes too late. I felt guilty as Hell bugging the cute girl helping me out with this giant order that kept adding on more and more and more. Nonetheless, most of you are taken care of. FedEx says ETA to my house is June 11th, so depending on what time it comes, I'm going to inventory everything, make sure FedEx didn't throw my package through a wood chipper and then start shooting out invoices. Frankly, I've never shipped posters, so I don't know the cost of materials or actual shipping, so if anyone can provide insight I'd appreciate it. I don't want to charge too much for shipping, but I also don't want to screw myself either.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:55 pm

zombiedictator wrote: Frankly, I've never shipped posters, so I don't know the cost of materials or actual shipping, so if anyone can provide insight I'd appreciate it. I don't want to charge too much for shipping, but I also don't want to screw myself either.
You should read this ...

http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index ... ing_Prints
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:33 am

Todd Slater does one of my favorite movies. I'm going to need this:
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:53 am

Don't want to monopolize this thread more than I already have, but the prints arrived safely on Saturday. I've sent out messages to everyone who "ordered" a print from me. I may have a spare print or two as well since I think my wall real estate is now at a premium, so I might be getting rid of a Budich Pulp Fiction shortly.

Anyway, I just need to figure out the best way to order supplies and calculate the total cost and then I'll be dishing out invoices.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
fCon
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am

dylansdad wrote:Todd Slater does one of my favorite movies. I'm going to need this:
I love Fargo! Clever use of split fountain on this one. Is the snow white or silver metallic?
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:55 am

Fargo looks great - do Spoke deliver to the UK (and is it reasonably priced?). Presuming Todd will have his to sell direct.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
fCon
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 pm

burndisneyland wrote:...do Spoke deliver to the UK (and is it reasonably priced?).
Got 2 prints delivered to Germany for $15. That's very reasonable I'd say.
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:42 pm

fCon wrote:
burndisneyland wrote:...do Spoke deliver to the UK (and is it reasonably priced?).
Got 2 prints delivered to Germany for $15. That's very reasonable I'd say.
Cheers for the response. Yup I'd agree with that. Will keep my eye out for the Fargo then.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I don't want to monopolize this thread any more than I already have, but since my PMs aren't working all the time here (messages are sitting in the outbox in perpetuity), I just wanted to let the people know that have "ordered" prints from me that I have them all and I'm ready to shoot out invoices. I've got 4" Yazoo tubes on the way that I just ordered today, so it might be a week or so before I can ship this stuff out. Just PM or e-mail me with your PayPal address and your zip code so I can calculate shipping. Before I send you an invoice I'll send you a breakdown of your order so you know I'm not trying to screw you and make any money off this. The only thing I'm hoping to get here is karma, hopefully from people who have good luck in Mondo drops. ;)
Gkohler
Art Expert

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Joshua Budich's O Brother Where Art Thou just dropped on his site. +1
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
rossi1102
Art Expert

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:48 pm

zombiedictator wrote:I don't want to monopolize this thread any more than I already have, but since my PMs aren't working all the time here (messages are sitting in the outbox in perpetuity), I just wanted to let the people know that have "ordered" prints from me that I have them all and I'm ready to shoot out invoices. I've got 4" Yazoo tubes on the way that I just ordered today, so it might be a week or so before I can ship this stuff out. Just PM or e-mail me with your PayPal address and your zip code so I can calculate shipping. Before I send you an invoice I'll send you a breakdown of your order so you know I'm not trying to screw you and make any money off this. The only thing I'm hoping to get here is karma, hopefully from people who have good luck in Mondo drops. ;)
Just so you know, the reason messages sit in the outbox is because the recipient hasn't read them yet, once they do the message goes to your sent. There is nothing wrong with your PMs.
Ken
Art Expert

Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Releasing today, Saturday June 18th at around 2pm PST.

Evanimal - "These drymountin' Amateurs"
screen print - 18" x 24"
signed and numbered from an edition of 75

We also recently received a fresh allocation of Evanimal's original version of the print, and will be releasing those as well for the folks who weren't able to snag one first time around.

Aaaaand finally, our friend Greg Gossel is in town this weekend, so we very well may have a surprise print drop today too... I haven't mentioned this anywhere else yet, but if you're interested in a s/n screen print of the new show flyer, might be a good idea to tune in today too!

Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:27 pm

+1 8)
Imageth Circle * Image
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Ken wrote:Aaaaand finally, our friend Greg Gossel is in town this weekend, so we very well may have a surprise print drop today too... I haven't mentioned this anywhere else yet, but if you're interested in a s/n screen print of the new show flyer, might be a good idea to tune in today too!
Did this already come and go?