Spoke Art - News, Releases, Shows, & Info!

General art-related discussion.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

adamsmasher wrote:Anyone know if there's a preview page or thread for the Q vs. C show, for round 2?
There are a few that have been added to the store page, with presumably more to come.

http://store.spoke-art.com/category/que ... oen-prints
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Okay, so I'm going to the art show tomorrow during my lunch break. They said on Facebook that some of the sold out prints are still available in store, so if you have any prints you want me to pick up for you, I'll try. Just PM me what you want and I'll let you know, if nothing else.

I only want to do this for SOLD OUT prints, though. I don't really want to try and manage a bunch of requests costing me hundreds of dollars out of pocket because people don't want to wait until the official drop.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:56 am

adamsmasher wrote:Totally missed the land of posters while trekking through swampland last week for work, but was pleased to come home and find that my wife had somehow scored #4 of Pulp Fiction! And I said, "Hey, wait a minute!" :shock:

+1 Pulp Fiction
Nice score! Got yourself 2 keepers.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:56 am

dylansdad wrote:
adamsmasher wrote:Anyone know if there's a preview page or thread for the Q vs. C show, for round 2?
There are a few that have been added to the store page, with presumably more to come.

and here's the thread:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =tarantino
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:40 pm

At the show now. They have almost everything in stock. Speak now or forever hold your peace.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 pm

zombiedictator wrote:At the show now. They have almost everything in stock. Speak now or forever hold your peace.
PM(s) sent
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Most of you that PM'ed me will be VERY happy.

A few notes:

- They were sold out of the Rhys Cooper set 1 (Shoshanna, Bridget and Beatrix)
- The Max Dalton Big Lebowski run is in pre-production and isn't available yet. It won't be available for a few weeks because it is coming from Argentina.
- If you asked for anything besides the stuff mentioned above, I got it for you unless you mailed me after 12:30PM PST IIRC. There was only 1 or 2 dudes who messaged me a little too late.
- In case you're curious, this set me back $805.
- I bought so much crap I had to ship it back home via FedEx. It'll cost me about $50, so your "bill" once I calculate it will be cost of print + a few bucks evenly distributed to cover my shipping cost back home + shipping to you.

I'll message everyone directly with the details. Don't expect a bill until maybe Thursday or Friday, as I have to calculate everything. Frankly, I might even wait until I get it from FedEx out of fear they smash everything up.

I hope people remember this when the next Stout Mondo drop happens. ;)
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
adamsmasher wrote:Totally missed the land of posters while trekking through swampland last week for work, but was pleased to come home and find that my wife had somehow scored #4 of Pulp Fiction! And I said, "Hey, wait a minute!" :shock:

+1 Pulp Fiction
Nice score! Got yourself 2 keepers.
Yeah, you got it, one awesome wife, one awesome #4 print!
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:57 pm

dylansdad wrote:

Thanks DD, checking them all out now!
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 pm

zombiedictator wrote:Most of you that PM'ed me will be VERY happy.
You're beyond awesome.

Too bad the ones I wanted weren't there anymore.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:43 pm

machination wrote:
You're beyond awesome.

Which ones are sold out already?
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 pm

bigmuls wrote:
machination wrote:
You're beyond awesome.

Which ones are sold out already?
zombie mentioned that he wanted to get the ones that were sold out online but perhaps not sold out in the physical store. The Rhys Cooper prints are gone in both places.
rrd
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:21 pm

did they have the new cooper set?

dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:04 am

There are several artists really stepping up their game this year. I'm looking at you, Rhys Cooper.
seppuku
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:07 am

:shock:

haha cheers man.