New Castro / David O Daniel Prints up!

General art-related discussion.
jarri
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:19 am

jojobadass wrote:frankly, I see the same 5 people screaming about this.

I just don't see this as the global pandemic that you all are making it out to be.
David if you took the time to reply to your correspondence you wouldn't have pussies like me making Paypal claims for products they haven't received. I assume by your comments you are David O'Daniel.
desch
Art Expert

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 am

jarri wrote:

I just don't see this as the global pandemic that you all are making it out to be.
David if you took the time to reply to your correspondence you wouldn't have pussies like me making Paypal claims for products they haven't received. I assume by your comments you are David O'Daniel.
Not David.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:22 am

jarri wrote:

Mystery solved! :lol:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 am

jarri wrote:

This is why 12'ers have such a bad name! :roll:
Image Image Image
jojobadass
Art God

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:33 am

everyone freak the drymount out!!
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 am

jojobadass wrote:everyone freak the drymount out!!
Image Image Image
jarri
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Customer Service, without it you get issues. We are the customers not the sellers. Failing to reply or ignoring correspondence is just rude and talking it for granted that there is a long line of lemmings waiting to just throw there money away without a common courtesy. I hold my hard earned money with the highest regard and expect others to do the same in order to get it from me.
jojobadass
Art God

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 pm

see, it's karma........I got a tube today from Jetsah that I have literally been waiting for the last 2 years to receive.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:28 pm

jojobadass wrote:I would assume more people have received orders than have not........would you agree?
YES of course. But I don't want to be one of the unlucky ones again. That's fair isn't it? Do you agree/
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:I'm jumping into this 'conversation' without having read a ton of the previous posts, but it seems to me that there is a problem that's far wider in scope than David O'Daniel. It deals with shipping packages from the US to other countries. I have read in many, many threads that peeps in the UK and Europe have problems receiving posters, regardless of the artist. It may well be that having multiple carriers and multiple countries involved is at the core of the problem.
It's nothing to do with the carries. David ships his via USPS. I have had what like 300 tubes from the USA via first class and international priority over the last say 5 years, not one has gone astray - and only one ever was damaged. That is a pretty reliable serivce. On the other hand, I have been collecting Davids for about 2 years since I discovered him. got around 60 ish of his posters now, which probably equates to about ten shipments (sa you know he releases in batches so you do bulk orders sometimes 5 - 10 at a time). Out of the ten shipments I have had tubes not turn up on two occassions from David when he or Stephanie said he had posted them - but I had later proof (what I believe to be proof that they were never posted), despite the fact that they insisted they were. There are others in the UK that I know of that have had similar situations.

That being said, after a couple of paypal disputes I eventually got the posters I wanted after I had to reorder and they sent them (I got shipping notices), so bar one or two that I missed that they couldn't then supply, I am overall happy. I haven't had any issues for a year now and received the last 3 batches without any problem, normally in about 30 days at the most.

Now this last order, as I already said (and I apologise for repeating) is now on day 41, EDIT DAY 43: so I am obviously worried. With no shipping notice to indicate that they have been sent, no reply to my two emails, I think its only suffice to say that they are either help up somewhere, been incorrectly dielivered, or they just haven't been sent - so they need to tighen up their shipping procedures. Mine were ordered on the day he released the last batch so I should have been on the top of the pile for dispatch and surely by now I should have received them. If thety don't answer their emails then there is nothing to aley our fears that they are not going to arrive so one only has the option to put in a paypal claim within the 45 day deadline. I hate to do that but I think its fair to say that its really the only option I have if I don't want to lose out.

I have suggested in the past that they should maybe send international priority or a method with tracking - or signed for on receipt so at least there is a proper method being used for international shippments. I woouldn't object to the 10$ more I would have to pay for shipping to be sure I got them and to know they had been shipped, where as at the moment, one knows nothing !

Amen
Last edited by jonkino on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm

jojobadass wrote:see, it's karma........I got a tube today from Jetsah that I have literally been waiting for the last 2 years to receive.
As I ssaid previously jojobadass - the poster gods obviously like you. I think I will do my shipping via you in future, I will have them shipped to you and you can ship to me. Agreed !
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah, right. The poster gods show they like Sean by holding a poster for two years before delivering it to him. I wouldn't want to be on the bad side of the poster gods if that's the good side.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Yeah, right. The poster gods show they like Sean by holding a poster for two years before delivering it to him. I wouldn't want to be on the bad side of the poster gods if that's the good side.
hahaha - well at least he got it. I have been waiting for a poster from one well known artist for just over two years now, and still not got it, even though he said to me this time last year, I will sort your poster in the New Year ! Hence I haven't dealt with this guy since.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 pm

That's the approach I would take as well. Good luck; maybe you'll get it in 2013.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 am

Rick_a_c wrote:That's the approach I would take as well. Good luck; maybe you'll get it in 2013.
I may drop him a emai and remind him again to remind him now.

Hey just done it and he responded straight away and he says he's gonna sort out my missing print and send me something extra too as compensation. Now if only DD responded to his emails as quick !