New Castro / David O Daniel Prints up!

General art-related discussion.
summoner
Art Freak

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

I have heard about this guy drymounting people on prints for over a year now (at least), but people keep buying from him... If this was a person from the board a call out thread would be created and the mob would be ready to hang... I don't get why anyone is still buying any of his prints.
Image Image Image
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm

I don't believe that he is doing this on purpose. I ordered over 20 posters at Daniels Site and never had any problems dealing with him. Each order was delivered to my door and often he added bonusposters!
Imageth Circle * Image
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 pm

I've never head any problems with him either (have ordered from his site maybe 3 or 4 times), but, damn... this is just more than one or two isolated incidents. Maybe he's really disorganized?
TheBlack
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:04 pm

It's been claimed by a member of this board that he has tunnel vision when he's working on a project. But then again there's also Stephanie, so?
I think it's good this is getting the attention that it deserves and people are wising up to filing claims, but sadly there are probably others that have to learn and have their money basically stolen from them.

Do PayPal also tend to close accounts of vendors that have too many files claimed?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 pm

TheBlack wrote:Hey jojobadass,

I see people from Arizona and Texas have had to file claims because they never received their prints.
Care to elaborate now that's it's not just an international problem?

Just to clear it up, mine was for damage and not for non-receipt. I have ordered from them maybe 10 times. Some orders have had long ass delays, but I have received all ordered.

My latest had a damaged print. It was shipped with other prints and appeared to be damaged prior to shipment. No response from DOD via email or BC.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:00 pm

David is obviously a busy guy, but its not just the sloppyness, its so frustrating that he or Stephanie who does the orders can't be bothered to do the decent thing and at least reply to you to let you know what is happening. I was hoping that this would never happen to me again, but it appears I was wrong.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

jonkino wrote:David is obviously a busy guy, but its not just the sloppyness, its so frustrating that he or Stephanie who does the orders can't be bothered to do the decent thing and at least reply to you to let you know what is happening. I was hoping that this would never happen to me again, but it appears I was wrong.
I sent an email and corresponded via Big Cartel. Gave 7 days to respond. Opened a case shortly thereafter. Gave 7 days to respond to that. Escalated to PayPal shortly thereafter. PayPal I believe gave another 8 days for them to respond. No response. Claim issued the following day.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm

I got two damaged prints. Sent an email. Got a reply!! Was told things would be taken care of. Then waited and never heard or saw another thing. Paypal claim period expired. Chalked it up as a loss and learned a lesson.
chelboshaggins
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I have ordered probably 8 times, and have gotten free prints in 4 of those. Never had any problems. Sorry to hear that some of you have though...Bummer.
TheBlack
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Jesusmalverde wrote:I got two damaged prints. Sent an email. Got a reply!! Was told things would be taken care of. Then waited and never heard or saw another thing. Paypal claim period expired. Chalked it up as a loss and learned a lesson.
Exact same thing happened to me as well, got a reply within the file-claim window saying everything would be taken care of, sadly after the window expired I never heard back of course.
Don't let this guy con you!!!!
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Not sure it's a con job, more of a slacker. Either way, I'm done.
desch
Art Expert

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Jesusmalverde wrote:Not sure it's a con job, more of a slacker. Either way, I'm done.
I would say its more a case of the latter. Count me as one of those people he's always made right with when a mistake was made or an order was late.

Having said that, there's still no excuse for what's going on.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
shortguy91
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:36 am

Well my brother just got his Seven print in, so it took 21 days to come in.
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 am

I made a big order nearly two months ago that included Dr. Strangelove, Vertigo, A Clockwork Orange, Modern Times, and maybe a few others. They forgot to include Modern Times, so I opened up a Paypal claim after not hearing back via email and BC. Still no word. Modern Times has since gone off of the BC site, which is annoying. If anyone has one they are interested in selling at or near cost, please let me know.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 am

how drymounting hard is it to pack & ship?

If I want I headache, I'll know who to buy prints from.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.