All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
smellmysocks73
Art Expert
Posts: 4136
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Kdh12 wrote:I am hoping for something big with the Chicago shows
Likewise.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
User avatar
pearlybaker
Flipper
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 am

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:28 pm

So after 25+ years of going to shows from GG Allin to JGB, I accidentally came across a new way to be upgraded last night at Vedder in Boston.

So we were literally 5 rows from the back of the top balcony and about three songs in when two frat boys roll up to take their open seats next to me with their multiple jack and cokes. At first I thought the dude next to me was either going to throw up or was just being a dick making all kinds of noise in between yukking it up with his bro - turns out he had Tourettes.

By about song seven, I honestly was trying to be tolerant but could no longer handle the drunk with Tourettes so we go speak to ushers. We said we didn't want to cause a scene or embarrass the guy we just wanted to stand someplace and listen without being hassled. The security guy said he understand our concern and would take our word for it - Well it turns out the only seats available were private boxes in the mezzanine which we were escorted to and enjoyed the rest of The show in style.

So there you go, next time you're next to a drunk frat boy and you're looking for an upgrade and are morally OK with it -claim Tourettes.
All right Hamilton!
User avatar
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Hartford, CT
Contact:

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:08 pm

pearlybaker wrote:So after 25+ years of going to shows from GG Allin to JGB, I accidentally came across a new way to be upgraded last night at Vedder in Boston.

So we were literally 5 rows from the back of the top balcony and about three songs in when two frat boys roll up to take their open seats next to me with their multiple jack and cokes. At first I thought the dude next to me was either going to throw up or was just being a dick making all kinds of noise in between yukking it up with his bro - turns out he had Tourettes.

By about song seven, I honestly was trying to be tolerant but could no longer handle the drunk with Tourettes so we go speak to ushers. We said we didn't want to cause a scene or embarrass the guy we just wanted to stand someplace and listen without being hassled. The security guy said he understand our concern and would take our word for it - Well it turns out the only seats available were private boxes in the mezzanine which we were escorted to and enjoyed the rest of The show in style.

So there you go, next time you're next to a drunk frat boy and you're looking for an upgrade and are morally OK with it -claim Tourettes.
Reminds me of an experience I had at a Springsteen show years ago... Tunnel of Love tour... Nassau Coli on Long Island, sold out for months and I drove up to the box (you know, that place they sold tickets before the internet...) the afternoon of the show about 1 pm and sure enough they had some, but they were the top row around the upper bowl at center ice and they were listed as limited view... Took 4... Show time rolls around and we arrive at our seats and we had 15,16,17 &18... Well there's no seat 18 in the row... The usher confirmed it and gave us lower bowl... We all ended up in the first section of the corner of the stage 5 rows off the floor... Joe Piscapo (sp?) was sitting behind me...
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
User avatar
noeldaddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Looks like Hartford got an ugly batmobile by Tom Tomorrow. Philly's looking good for that Sperry

Image
ImageImage
User avatar
noeldaddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:04 pm

For those keeping score:
6/15 Providence - Jeff Soto
6/16 Boston - MARK 5
6/18 Hartford - Tom Tomorrow
6/21 NYC 1 - Kozik/Jermaine
6/22 NYC 2 - Jermaine
6/ 25 Philly -
6/26 Detroit -
6/28 Chicago 1 -
6/29 Chicago 2 -
7/1 St Louis -
7/2 Minneapolis -
7/5 San Diego -
7/6 Long Beach -
7/8 Los Angeles -
7/9 Santa Barbara -
7/11 Oakland -
7/14 Portland -
7/15 Seattle 1 -
7/16 Seattle 2 -


Still on tap:
Chuck Sperry
Dabs and Myla
EMEK
Jeff Soto
John Glomb
Jordan Buckley
Maxx 242
Munk One
Roland Tamayo
ImageImage
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Mark 5 is doing detriot as well. He posted a version on facebook that got axed by 10C/Eddie
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
99bottles
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: transexual, transylvania

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Kozik looks promising
Codeblue wrote:Major luls, honestly.
Mystery MOD wrote:it might be difficult for you, but try not to be such a douche. seriously.
piratesprayer wrote:drymount you 99bottles! Your the drymounting douchebag! :heart: er
User avatar
kj1nyr
Art Expert
Posts: 2719
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Valley of the Sun
Contact:

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Though my living room is practically a shrine to mid 90s Ames Bros I love seeing EV and PJ using a variety of artists.
lastchild11
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 am

i hope we get Sperry in St Louis.
User avatar
itsdug
Art Expert
Posts: 9878
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:25 am

Sperry should be doing Oakland.
no comment ®
demetrios
Art Expert
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 12:00 am

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:49 pm

noeldaddy wrote:For those keeping score:
6/15 Providence - Jeff Soto
6/16 Boston - MARK 5
6/18 Hartford - Tom Tomorrow
6/21 NYC 1 - Kozik/Jermaine
6/22 NYC 2 - Jermaine
6/ 25 Philly -
6/26 Detroit -
6/28 Chicago 1 -
6/29 Chicago 2 -
7/1 St Louis -
7/2 Minneapolis -
7/5 San Diego -
7/6 Long Beach -
7/8 Los Angeles -
7/9 Santa Barbara -
7/11 Oakland -
7/14 Portland -
7/15 Seattle 1 -
7/16 Seattle 2 -


Still on tap:
Chuck Sperry
Dabs and Myla
EMEK
Jeff Soto
John Glomb
Jordan Buckley
Maxx 242
Munk One
Roland Tamayo
Also add ..

7/12 Oakland -
User avatar
noeldaddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:00 pm

demetrios wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:For those keeping score:
6/15 Providence - Jeff Soto
6/16 Boston - MARK 5
6/18 Hartford - Tom Tomorrow
6/21 NYC 1 - Kozik/Jermaine
6/22 NYC 2 - Jermaine
6/ 25 Philly -
6/26 Detroit - (MARK 5?)
6/28 Chicago 1 -
6/29 Chicago 2 -
7/1 St Louis -
7/2 Minneapolis -
7/5 San Diego -
7/6 Long Beach -
7/8 Los Angeles -
7/9 Santa Barbara -
7/11 Oakland 1 -
7/12 Oakland 2 -
7/14 Portland -
7/15 Seattle 1 -
7/16 Seattle 2 -


Still on tap:
Chuck Sperry
Dabs and Myla
EMEK
Jeff Soto
John Glomb
Jordan Buckley
Maxx 242
Munk One
Roland Tamayo
Also add ..

7/12 Oakland -
Forgot about that one! Thanks D.
ImageImage
User avatar
itsdug
Art Expert
Posts: 9878
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:02 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
demetrios wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:For those keeping score:
6/15 Providence - Jeff Soto
6/16 Boston - MARK 5
6/18 Hartford - Tom Tomorrow
6/21 NYC 1 - Kozik/Jermaine
6/22 NYC 2 - Jermaine
6/ 25 Philly -
6/26 Detroit - (MARK 5?)
6/28 Chicago 1 -
6/29 Chicago 2 -
7/1 St Louis -
7/2 Minneapolis -
7/5 San Diego -
7/6 Long Beach -
7/8 Los Angeles -
7/9 Santa Barbara -
7/11 Oakland 1 -
7/12 Oakland 2 -
7/14 Portland -
7/15 Seattle 1 -
7/16 Seattle 2 -


Still on tap:
Chuck Sperry
Dabs and Myla
EMEK
Jeff Soto
John Glomb
Jordan Buckley
Maxx 242
Munk One
Roland Tamayo
Also add ..

7/12 Oakland -
Forgot about that one! Thanks D.
Just wanted to quote that again.
no comment ®
User avatar
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Hartford, CT
Contact:

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 am

itsdug wrote:Sperry should be doing Oakland.
Makes sense...
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15313
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 pm

itsdug wrote:OMG, OMG, had to post this in the PJ thread!

Image

Check it ... no need to feel left out, looks like there's a bobblehead just for you ...

Image
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Post Reply