All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 pm

DickButt wrote:
brewdog123 wrote:they really run that message board over there any way they want
And poorly. Shut the thing down for the weekend because they leaked their own dates and then open it back up with all the information still posted just no screenshots of their drymount ups.
I haven’t been active there in a few years. It’s almost as bad the Mondo groups on FB.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:45 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:PJ is pledging a minimum of $1 million toward local homelessness initiatives. They challenge everyone to join them -- with the goal of raising a minimum of $10 million pledged toward addressing homelessness in 2018.

Estimated net worth of the 5 remembers is $385 million

So they are encouraging people that could better use their money taking care of business in their own lives to make up 90% of the bands goal ? Does anyone else see something wrong with this ?
No.
edgar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:58 pm

They don’t have to do or give fudge with their time, money and efforts.

They are though. And in addition to the dollars these gigs will raise, the attention this effort will bring to the issue is likely just as important as the monetary.

Side note: my Kiddo turns 10 this week. I bought him a CD copy of Ten.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 am

It’s a fundraising goal, not a demand.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 am

Encouraging others to do good.. Hmm yeah that sounds awful. What terrible people
ImageImage
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:55 pm

new dates added for Summer

August 8th - Seattle, WA - Safeco Field
August 10th - Seattle, WA - Safeco Field
August 13th - Missoula, WA - Washington-Grizzly Stadium
August 18th - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field
August 20th - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field
September 2nd - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
September 4th - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Disappointed the only rumors that weren't true were Philly. Goddangit.

Wrigley shows are the same weekend as Phish Watkins Glen..... hmmmm, maybe Fenway I can make but the ballpark thing is really getting lame. C'mon boys, play the indoor arenas!
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Disappointed the only rumors that weren't true were Philly. Goddangit.

Wrigley shows are the same weekend as Phish Watkins Glen..... hmmmm, maybe Fenway I can make but the ballpark thing is really getting lame. C'mon boys, play the indoor arenas!
I tend to agree with you, but I was sort of amazed at how good their sound was for the Fenway shows compared to any other show I had seen at Fenway or Gillette. I had decent seats, but not floor/field.
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm

hunterjax wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Disappointed the only rumors that weren't true were Philly. Goddangit.

I tend to agree with you, but I was sort of amazed at how good their sound was for the Fenway shows compared to any other show I had seen at Fenway or Gillette. I had decent seats, but not floor/field.
Fenway sound was incredible. I'm ok with these stadium shows because I believe if the new album comes out in 2019 they'll go back to an arena tour to promote it and these stadium shows will be done (for now).

I'm curious what % of tickets they actually got for these shows that would lead them to write they expect to be able to fulfill all or most lotto requests.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 am

$250 a pair for Boston? Dang.... getting pricey.
demetrios
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:13 pm

DickButt wrote:
hunterjax wrote:

Fenway sound was incredible. I'm ok with these stadium shows because I believe if the new album comes out in 2019 they'll go back to an arena tour to promote it and these stadium shows will be done (for now).

I'm curious what % of tickets they actually got for these shows that would lead them to write they expect to be able to fulfill all or most lotto requests.
For reserved seating, 10club secured a massive amount of tickets for these stadium shows. At the moment the tickets odds for scoring reserved seating is @ 99% except for Chicago Night 1. It's @ 89%.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 pm

looks like I'm spending 500 then . . . put in for both Boston shows, figuring I'd only score one (which has been my luck for the last three lottos - 1 for 2 in each)
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:24 pm

when are we supposed to hear back? the day before the tix go onsale? haven't been to a show in a long time...gonna hit at least 1 of the wrigley shows this time.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:when are we supposed to hear back? the day before the tix go onsale? haven't been to a show in a long time...gonna hit at least 1 of the wrigley shows this time.
Lottery closes on 2/12; I think they said probably 8-10 hours (or more) later all notices should be out.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:34 pm

thanks