All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 am

With all the Eddie Vedder shows coming up next month and PJ20 looming on the horizon, I know I'm excited to think about the upcoming art. Anyone have any leaks or rumors about potential artists? Hopefully Santos gives us some official word soon.
ImageImage
clem99
EB Team

Wed May 04, 2011 8:28 am

i got no doubt some of the artists for the aust. tour will also get gigs for the US tour
art is the only justification for pain :)
tuumi
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 am

There was an image posted for the Detroit show on the PJ forum but it was pulled before I could see it. Can't remember the name of the artist but it wasn't one of the usual suspects. The comments said something about Eddie not approving the image because it presented Detroit in a poor way. It had something to do with the Heidelberg Project which would have been pretty cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg_Project

Maybe Eddie had no idea what it was. All just speculation though.
It would be cool if someone could find the image.
Like our meadery on FB:
facebook.com/beewellmeadery
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 am

tuumi wrote:There was an image posted for the Detroit show on the PJ forum but it was pulled before I could see it. Can't remember the name of the artist but it wasn't one of the usual suspects. The comments said something about Eddie not approving the image because it presented Detroit in a poor way. It had something to do with the Heidelberg Project which would have been pretty cool.

is this why PMs have been shut off for me there? in the middle of selling a bunch of records and now i cant access my damn PMs. saw some comment that it might have to do with some leak of something but i had no clue what people were talking about. that better not be the case, or PJ has become Big Brother :shock:
tuumi
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 10:00 am

alngtheway wrote:
tuumi wrote:There was an image posted for the Detroit show on the PJ forum but it was pulled before I could see it. Can't remember the name of the artist but it wasn't one of the usual suspects. The comments said something about Eddie not approving the image because it presented Detroit in a poor way. It had something to do with the Heidelberg Project which would have been pretty cool.

is this why PMs have been shut off for me there? in the middle of selling a bunch of records and now i cant access my damn PMs. saw some comment that it might have to do with some leak of something but i had no clue what people were talking about. that better not be the case, or PJ has become Big Brother :shock:
No idea. Did you see what I was referring to? Maybe you should email and find out.
Like our meadery on FB:
facebook.com/beewellmeadery
pewter14
EB Team

Wed May 04, 2011 12:17 pm

alngtheway wrote:

PMs are back.

They were shut down because people were passing around a link to the leak of EV's Uke album .... drymounting morons were all over the message board talking about it. So, they shut down the PMs ... assuming they went though everyone's box, deleted the PMs and banned those folks for a bit. Everyone knows it happens, but drymount, don't flaunt it in the band's face on their offical message board. Lugnuts.

Another EV Spusta would be nice.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 04, 2011 12:21 pm

tuumi wrote:
alngtheway wrote:

No idea. Did you see what I was referring to? Maybe you should email and find out.
nope, i didnt see anything. just woke up and saw i had no access to PMs. luckily i had email addresses for the people i was communicating with. PMs are back anyway as Pewter said. Pretty stupid to share an illegal link on a band's official website.
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 04, 2011 12:22 pm

pewter14 wrote: Another EV Spusta would be nice.
I'm still waiting for the first one to go on sale.
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 12:36 pm

i believe the one that got nixxed was a munk one
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 1:49 pm

schmoff wrote:i believe the one that got nixxed was a munk one
I couldn't remember if it was Munk One or Mark 5... No official reason was given why it got axed, though people were speculating that it was due to the socioeconomic aspect. Personally I think it was due to fact that the poster sucked
ImageImage
treejam1
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm hoping for a Spusta for either hartford or philly :drool: :drool:
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm hitting 4 shows myself-- making sure to get both NYC's in there cause at least one of those have to be special.. I'd put money on one of them being an Emek. But then again I've gotta wonder if Emek would work with Ed again
ImageImage
schmoff
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 pm

still looking for an ed NYC night 1 ticket myself if anyone has an extra to trade/sell
southerngarden
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 11:12 pm

has anyone pre-ordered the new album (on vinyl) or that 7" single?

they are saying limited quantities for the 7"...but that could mean 200,000 (do we know?)....anyone get on that yet?
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Soundgarden VIP ticket $200
VIP Package- General Admission:
- 1 Early Entry GA ticket
- 1 Invitation to the exclusive Pre-Party with free food and cash bar
- 1 Limited Edition Show Poster Signed and numbered by Poster Artist
- 1 Exclusive Soundgarden Merchandise Gift
- 1 Exclusive VIP Laminate

The implication here is that we'll get some sweet poster artists for this tour. I couldn't justify $200 right now, but I'll be kicking myself later if it's a killer poster
ImageImage