All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
DickButt
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:13 pm

fredo wrote:I dunno...The poster is for the show. Happy to see artists getting paid, but making tons of APs available kinda takes a bite out of a fundamental part of the whole scene (such as it is). Suppose in an ideal world the band would pay up for the merch.
I don't disagree but when the band is selling merch for 5 days like it's an event of its own, they kinda kill the whole "poster is for the show" mentality.
fredo
Art God

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Yeah it is a freeforall at these big events for sure. And ultimately you can pick apart any thread of logic anybody comes up with to justify how they feel about these things.
just a foil for me today, thanks
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:32 pm

DickButt wrote:
fredo wrote:I dunno...The poster is for the show. Happy to see artists getting paid, but making tons of APs available kinda takes a bite out of a fundamental part of the whole scene (such as it is). Suppose in an ideal world the band would pay up for the merch.
I don't disagree but when the band is selling merch for 5 days like it's an event of its own, they kinda kill the whole "poster is for the show" mentality.
And at least with Steve Thomas printing 300 APs, it gave people like me a chance to purchase his print (I arrived in Boston on Saturday, went directly to the merch stand, was 15th in line, and they had completely sold out the previous night).
pulling69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:34 pm

20/100 of the Thomas variants have been listed on the Bay.....a what point should I list mine after waiting for all the suckers to clear out the inventory? :twisted: :lol:
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:
DickButt wrote:
And at least with Steve Thomas printing 300 APs, it gave people like me a chance to purchase his print (I arrived in Boston on Saturday, went directly to the merch stand, was 15th in line, and they had completely sold out the previous night).
That's the thing that bothered me. I went Friday to get stuff and certain items had sold out. Fine for outside. But come Sunday, I was hoping to see some inside once the gates opened.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:33 pm

apalma27 wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:
DickButt wrote:
That's the thing that bothered me. I went Friday to get stuff and certain items had sold out. Fine for outside. But come Sunday, I was hoping to see some inside once the gates opened.
It's odd they dated all posters with August 5th and 7th, but held none of the Thomas back for the actual show on the 7th.
Oddly enough, they were selling packs of cards at one of the outdoor merch booths inside Fenway despite being sold out on Saturday.

Regardless, this was an awesome weekend.
Agraves617
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:31 pm

That Mark5 variant is really growing on me, but I can't justify getting a 4th poster for 1 show. Anyone know when these drop? Need to make sure I'm not near a computer :roll:
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:40 pm

DickButt wrote:
Which is why I didn't get a poster at either show: a) just didn't love any of them and b) they didn't feel like posters for the shows themselves just general PJ posters they could have dropped online like a Mondo drop or something. I don't know, just feels like when they are selling them all over for days before the show they lose the specialness of being FOR the show you attended.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:07 am

#posterbaseballcards
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
demetrios
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:19 am

Agraves617 wrote:That Mark5 variant is really growing on me, but I can't justify getting a 4th poster for 1 show. Anyone know when these drop? Need to make sure I'm not near a computer :roll:
Wednesday, August 10th at 11am Pacific

http://www.f4dstudios.com/product/pearl ... ant-poster
http://www.f4dstudios.com/product/pearl ... ark-poster
erba
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:43 am

erba wrote:Did anybody happen to grab an extra pennant sticker? I couldn't find any at all tonight.
Anybody?
Agraves617
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:56 am

During my excitement over the Thomas AP, I completely missed the Ames AP/variant/card release. Not a fan of the Ames variants, but I'm on record as a huge fan of the original Green Monster print. Would have liked to add the Green Monster AP to my collection, but it's nothing I'm going to lose sleep over.

Edit: Please let me know if you got an extra of the Monster AP that you are willing to part ways with at a reasonable price.
maddog76
Flipper

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Agraves617 wrote:During my excitement over the Thomas AP, I completely missed the Ames AP/variant/card release. Not a fan of the Ames variants, but I'm on record as a huge fan of the original Green Monster print. Would have liked to add the Green Monster AP to my collection, but it's nothing I'm going to lose sleep over.

Edit: Please let me know if you got an extra of the Monster AP that you are willing to part ways with at a reasonable price.
Just wait for the 10c drop.
pulling69
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Interesting:

https://www.facebook.com/SteveThomasArt ... 2024347695

Please read all the way through.

It gives me no pleasure to write this post, in fact it has plagued me for the last 24 hours.

I have to sincerely apologize to a majority of the people who purchased a Pearl Jam Fenway (‪#‎PJFenway‬) AP poster yesterday – both regular and variant.

My online store, of which I use Wix.com, was not able to handle the amount of traffic and I ended up overselling by quite a margin. I did not realize this immediately.

This is the response I received from them. I know it serves as no consolation:

“Unfortunately, our store does not reserve a product from the moment the buyer adds it to the cart, till the payment is done.
This means that if two or more buyers add the same product to the cart at the same time, go through the checkout process and make payment, both payments will be valid and the inventory will be subtracted.
We are aware of this matter and we do hope to improve this flow in the future.
We do apologize for the inconvenience and available for any other questions you may have.”

I was not aware of this issue and took for granted that an item purchased, was a single item purchased. Be assured that if I do anything like this again I will be using a different online shop.

The bottom line is that I will be refunding A LOT of orders. I have to be fair about this and go from the first orders up until I reach my stock limit. From there I will be reimbursing through PayPal.

I’m working on an alternate compensation. I don’t know what that is yet, but the ONLY ONES who will know are the people I have to refund, so please NO INQUIRIES until you receive your refund from PayPal.

This has nothing to do with Pearl Jam or their vendors AT ALL. This rests solely on my choice of storefront for my website.

For those who purchased both a variant and regular version, I am in contact with or will be in contact with them to let them know my intention was one poster per person. This will surely free up a few prints, but those will go to the next in line who purchased yesterday.

One bright spot may be that some of the flippers on eBay won’t be receiving a signed AP print.

If you do not hear from me or PayPal, then know your order will be fulfilled. But please do not contact me about it.

I WON’T be sending out any other emails to those who will be receiving a print. So please expect it to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Again, I am truly sorry for this mistake. I know some of these orders were going to be gifts or go to life-long Pearl Jam fans. I will be working diligently over the next couple of days to take care of this so if I do not reply to comments in this post or on Twitter, or to emails, please understand.

Sincerely,
Steve Thomas
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Better upgrade that site for the PJ crowd next time. I admire the way he is handling it though... could have just sent out emails to those oversold but at least he addressed it head on.