All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:19 pm

ZoSoTim wrote:Maybe I misread something but I could’ve sworn they said both full Wrigley shows will be available on vinyl to Ten Club members.
you misread something
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:30 pm

pj101ca wrote:
ZoSoTim wrote:Maybe I misread something but I could’ve sworn they said both full Wrigley shows will be available on vinyl to Ten Club members.
you misread something

That would be like 12 slabs of wax, ha.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:30 am

Well, fudge.

Let's Play Two was amazing, though. Got to see it last night. As a lifelong Cubs fan who was at both shows, it may well be my favorite concert film of all time.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:33 am

https://pearljam.com/news/lets-play-two
Bootlegs - Nov 17
*Ten Club will release both Wrigley Field shows in their entirety as part of their Official Bootleg program*
I guess I saw this and assumed vinyl. :oops:
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:24 am

ZoSoTim wrote:Well, fudge.

Let's Play Two was amazing, though. Got to see it last night. As a lifelong Cubs fan who was at both shows, it may well be my favorite concert film of all time.
I loved it. As I was watching it I kept thinking Jesus if I was a diehard Cubs fan like I am with Pearl Jam this film would have me in tears. Great storytelling, really well done.
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Overall, I liked it ... some certain critiques to be had though ...

(SPOILERS BELOW - IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SKIP AHEAD)

- Why the hell did they cut off Mike's Black solo? He was killing these in 2016. Was an unfortunate cutaway.
- Way too little of the band and way too much of Ed. I guess I wasn't prepared for it to be solely about EV and Chicago as it was, but damn, not one speaking part for Matt or Stone?
- No Masters of War which is a shame, those versions from Wrigley and Fenway were nuts ... the song selection overall was a bit lacking. I feel the only reason they had the minute of talking with Jeff was to force in Jeremy.
- Oh, edit to add ... we've heard that some viewings got Mind Your Manners ... did any of you? We did not. Not a huge omission, just odd we got one less song.

Things I loved:
- Inside Job / Steve Gleason
- The Dirty Work scene on the top of Bleacher's ... glad they humbled EV a bit.
- Anything they showed from 1992 (even the EV home movie stuff at Wrigley) ... good lord, I want to know what else they have.
- that Danny Clinch shot of EV jumping off the monitor is a phenomenal image.

(OK --- SPOILERS OVER)

I went with a friend of mind from Chicago who grew up a Cubs fan and was at these shows and was even in a few scenes, he was getting misty eyed. Guess if this was about the Sox run in 2004, I would have been the same way.

Again, I thought it was great and had fun seeing with PJ peeps here in the Bay Area ... but I still enjoyed PJ20 a lot more.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 pm

pewter14 wrote:(SPOILERS BELOW - IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SKIP AHEAD)

Things I loved:
- The Dirty Work scene on the top of Bleacher's ... glad they humbled EV a bit.
- Anything they showed from 1992 (even the EV home movie stuff at Wrigley) ... good lord, I want to know what else they have.
- that Danny Clinch shot of EV jumping off the monitor is a phenomenal image.

(OK --- SPOILERS OVER)

I went with a friend of mind from Chicago who grew up a Cubs fan and was at these shows and was even in a few scenes, he was getting misty eyed. Guess if this was about the Sox run in 2004, I would have been the same way.
- I was stunned that Eddie didn't know "Dirty Work" at all. Not sure how that is even possible.
- The EV home video footage was amazing.
- My buddy bought a print of that shot for me for my birthday. It was very limited and is sold out. Now you can only get a large print of that and I think it's $1500.

I definitely got a bit misty eyed multiple times. Particularly during Release and All The Way.

EDIT: Here is the link for that Danny Clinch photo. An 11x14 will run you $750.
http://www.dannyclinch.com/shop/prints/ ... field-2016
nevadinova
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Saw the flick last night. It was fine.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Somehow (youtube, probably)...I'd already seen all the Ed/Wrigley home videos, so that was nothing new. The live performance sections mostly bored me, but it was paced nice by never going more than 2 songs before going back to some interviews and such. I was surprised they didn't talk to more of the players about Ed being around, etc. A pretty weird idea for a live concert film, but with the Cubs winning the Series and the success of the shows...it pretty much wrote itself...how could they NOT make a movie out of it? I'm not really sure what they could have done to make sure it was much better. I sometimes wonder if I'm not a little Pearl-Jammed out at this stage in my life. Anyway, I'm sure everyone enjoyed it...and I'm sure the band had fun making it. No harm done, but I don't think it's a "classic" or anything like that. I give it 6 Booms out of a possible 10.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:10 am

as a pj fan since day 1 and a die hard cubs fan my entire life this film is amazing and everything i hoped it would be. misty eyed, goose bumps, the whole 9 yards.

what would you say to your 10 year old self now?

you were right.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:16 am

Just watched it as well.

Clinch has a killer ability to pull these things off, great angles, shots, etc. Not the best concert doc but as a whole great flick.

Disclaimer I am huge Cub fan, was at Wrigle shows and Game 5 of World Series
mmmm Beer :pint:
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:58 pm

I for one would love a spin-off movie of the setlist writing process. That 5-10 seconds early in the film wasn’t enough for me.
Brazzzy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Boston prints from tristan eaton are up. I'm a big fan of his, but have yet to see a print from him that I care to own.

https://tristaneaton.com/store/pearl-ja ... en-edition
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:10 am

ImageImage
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 pm

noeldaddy wrote:http://8bitbaseball.pearljam.com
Turn up the sound
Sound is the best part of that game
Kdh12