All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:38 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
ZoSoTim wrote:Looking forward to the Wrigley shows. Driving up from Texas for this. I hope I can get my hands on at least one poster. Judging from the Fenway lines, that won't be happening. :hanging:
I walked in on Sunday and had the option to buy all but the Thomas poster with no line at all. Depending on what the posters look like and how picky you want to be about what posters you buy, I feel like you'll have no problem getting at least one of them.
this ^

could have gotten any of them at the Friday show, only Thomas was gone on Sunday; merch lines inside were 10-15 minutes tops; drymount outside
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:45 pm

hunterjax wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:
ZoSoTim wrote:Looking forward to the Wrigley shows. Driving up from Texas for this. I hope I can get my hands on at least one poster. Judging from the Fenway lines, that won't be happening. :hanging:
I walked in on Sunday and had the option to buy all but the Thomas poster with no line at all. Depending on what the posters look like and how picky you want to be about what posters you buy, I feel like you'll have no problem getting at least one of them.
this ^

could have gotten any of them at the Friday show, only Thomas was gone on Sunday; merch lines inside were 10-15 minutes tops; drymount outside
inside merch was way better. One of the stands had a few boxes of cards on Sunday despite being sold out first thing Saturday morning.
pulling69
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:02 pm

DickButt wrote:Merch starts Thursday at Metro. Trading cards confirmed.
Could be interesting, didn't the Metro get in trouble for the staff holding back Foo Fighter posters?
jamel-d
Art Freak

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Just heard a description of Donald Trump from Katie Packer. "Born on 3rd base thought and acting like he hit a triple."
pulling69
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:04 am

jamel-d wrote:Just heard a description of Donald Trump from Katie Packer. "Born on 3rd base thought and acting like he hit a triple."
Zing...not original
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:42 am

tenaciousjack wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:
this ^

inside merch was way better. One of the stands had a few boxes of cards on Sunday despite being sold out first thing Saturday morning.
Thanks everyone for the info. I will just wait until I go into the show.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:45 am

DickButt wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote:I don't follow the 10C close. Has hours of merch or anything been posted yet for Wrigley yet?
Not yet. Cubs are in town until Friday so there won't be a week-long merch fest like Fenway unless it's at a pop-up shop somewhere. I'm going to assume merch will begin on Friday at Wrigley and last through Tuesday but that's just my guess. Previews should start today though.
Last game is Thursday afternoon. They play in Colorado on Friday.
planetexpress
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:07 am

pulling69 wrote:
DickButt wrote:Merch starts Thursday at Metro. Trading cards confirmed.
Could be interesting, didn't the Metro get in trouble for the staff holding back Foo Fighter posters?
Pretty sure they didn't print enough posters for that gig. If capacity was 1100 and the poster was limited to 800 I'm not sure how everyone could have gotten a poster. I thought the bigger Foo Fighters issue was last year when some of the posters weren''t delivered to the downtown pop-up and people were issued vouchers to buy them outside Wrigley after the vendors there had already sold them... Damned if you do / damned if you don't.

Good luck to everyone scoring posters / pennants / bobbleheads / whatever merch they decide to put up for sale. It's the Air & Water show this weekend so be sure to look up while you're waiting in line; there's a good chance you'll get buzzed sometime during your visit around the Friendly Confines...
Assholes get elected, cause assholes get to vote.
ZoSoTim
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:28 pm

One more question. Did they have poster tubes at the merch booth or do we need to bring our own?
greedy21
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:32 pm

ZoSoTim wrote:One more question. Did they have poster tubes at the merch booth or do we need to bring our own?
They'll have them there
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:34 pm

The Metro shop is tiny. If they are selling them in there - it's going to be some tough sledding.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Looks like Wrigley is getting a Ken Taylor
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:53 pm

DickButt wrote:Looks like Wrigley is getting a Ken Taylor
sonsofbitches . . . . couldn't have been at Fenway?? :hanging:
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 pm