All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:59 am

DickButt wrote:For anyone going Sunday, all merch is also inside at multiple locations.

EDIT: Thomas poster was gone from the team store inside at 5:15 so don't plan on skipping the outside lines and showing up late to gates and still getting it. That's the one they obviously printed less of.
What time did you get n line at the gates?
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:06 am

Everyone was basically hovering around the gates at 4:45. Once they opened it took maybe 5 minutes to get through.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 am

DickButt wrote:Everyone was basically hovering around the gates at 4:45. Once they opened it took maybe 5 minutes to get through.
I didn't go through the Yawkey Way gates until after 6, rolled right into a merch line inside, waited ten minutes. The only thing sold out when I got up was the Thomas poster and the blue and red field patch. I asked the guy about posters, said each inside merch booth had 50 of each. Lines after the show at the merch stands were crazy though. I don't think you'll have problems finding anything, except maybe the Thomas - that seems to be the most popular (probably because it looks the most like it's Fenway's scroreboard/Green Monster).

Good show last night, wish they had been able to get to everything on the set list, the ten pm curfew with the lights coming up is pretty lame - I don't remember Fenway doing that during Foo Fighters last summer. Looking forward to Sunday night, will be my son's first PJ show.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:33 am

Interesting that lots of bitching about merchant and capitalism and 5 days of sales and prices and 6 posters and on and on.... In the beginng

But now that it is here seems like everyone got in line, or panning their attack and giving in to the machine
mmmm Beer :pint:
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:38 am

hunterjax wrote:
DickButt wrote:Everyone was basically hovering around the gates at 4:45. Once they opened it took maybe 5 minutes to get through.
I didn't go through the Yawkey Way gates until after 6, rolled right into a merch line inside, waited ten minutes. The only thing sold out when I got up was the Thomas poster and the blue and red field patch. I asked the guy about posters, said each inside merch booth had 50 of each. Lines after the show at the merch stands were crazy though. I don't think you'll have problems finding anything, except maybe the Thomas - that seems to be the most popular (probably because it looks the most like it's Fenway's scroreboard/Green Monster).

Good show last night, wish they had been able to get to everything on the set list, the ten pm curfew with the lights coming up is pretty lame - I don't remember Fenway doing that during Foo Fighters last summer. Looking forward to Sunday night, will be my son's first PJ show.
Pretty sure the lights coming on at 10 was the band's call. That's how I took it, at least. City noise curfew isn't technically until 11 but Fenway asks bands to stop at 10:30. And yea, less Polaroid slideshow and more songs next time.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:46 am

Kdh12 wrote:Interesting that lots of bitching about merchant and capitalism and 5 days of sales and prices and 6 posters and on and on.... In the beginng

But now that it is here seems like everyone got in line, or panning their attack and giving in to the machine
It's a fudge-ton of merch. I just got a tee, a penant and a couple of stickers; just wanted the patch for a frame up job. I've never lined up early for PJ merch, always been able to get what I wanted inside in ten-fifteen minute lines. I just don't get waiting for two hours to buy merch that is EVERYWHERE inside.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:47 am

DickButt wrote:
hunterjax wrote:

Pretty sure the lights coming on at 10 was the band's call. That's how I took it, at least. City noise curfew isn't technically until 11 but Fenway asks bands to stop at 10:30. And yea, less Polaroid slideshow and more songs next time.
okay, maybe you are right - I thought it was eleven like you said, that's why I was surprised when the lights came up. I feel like it was almost a warm-up night for them, not a let-down at all, but Sunday should be fantastic. Pretty jealous of those going to the Chi-town shows, energy should be off the charts.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:27 pm

The Steve Thomas print is officially sold out :(
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:41 pm

tulip1637 wrote:Haven't been to a show at fenway since pre boston bombing

If I have to pick my tickets up at will call and get to the field, how much time should i build into the schedule for waiting in lines?
Traveling from a few hours away. Thanks.
apalma27
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:38 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:The Steve Thomas print is officially sold out :(
That blows. How did you hear?
hunterjax
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:38 pm

tulip1637 wrote:

If I have to pick my tickets up at will call and get to the field, how much time should i build into the schedule for waiting in lines?
the line for picking up tix from 10C was 2 minutes, but I went to that early, like 3:30 . . . they shut that down from 4-530, not sure what it was like later.
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:03 pm

hunterjax wrote:
tulip1637 wrote:

the line for picking up tix from 10C was 2 minutes, but I went to that early, like 3:30 . . . they shut that down from 4-530, not sure what it was like later.
thanks for the answer. my tickets aren't 10c, they are from the rerelease. i guess ill build a little extra time in for that.
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:14 pm

tulip1637 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
tulip1637 wrote:

thanks for the answer. my tickets aren't 10c, they are from the rerelease. i guess ill build a little extra time in for that.
I walked by will call a few times and there was no line. I think they close it at 4 because they shut down the street to prepare for entry and setting up metal detectors.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:57 pm

apalma27 wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:The Steve Thomas print is officially sold out :(
That blows. How did you hear?
Merch guys.
erba
Art Expert

Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Just picked up my 10c tickets and pulled 8th row!!!