All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
DickButt
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:55 am

Craig_of_J wrote: I just don't think it is, and highly suspect that they (the 10c) were under a contractual obligation (possibly related to how many FC tix they could allot to Toronto 1) to keep it quiet. That seems way more likely to me than some 'cruel' or 'shitty' motivation on their part. Rollovers are a common practice, and there were MANY indications of the second show. The dude who started the thread rant about the second show wrote the funniest thing (slightly paraphrased): 'The 10C should have let us all know about the second show so we'd have a fair shot' - ha, he wants the exact opposite; with no official word from any camp, everyone ('public' and fan club alike) DID have a fair and equal shot at tickets for that one show. He wanted an unfair shot since he pays fan club dues. Well, to that I say - the entirety of the rest of the tour (including Toronto 1) afforded the fanclub a slight edge (albeit random draw) over all the non-FC people. It just seems like spoiled brat behavior to me. And really, minor amounts of internet searching will illustrate how TM (and other promoters) have clamped down on FC seat allotments over the past years - I would put money on the 10c's hands being tied in this instance.
Whoa whoa whoa...are you trying to tell me a random PJ fan whining about tickets online doesn't have the slightest clue about possible contractual obligations and agreements between an artist and venue and ticketing agency in a billion dollar enterprise?
Craig_of_J
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:42 am

:lol: Ha, yes, crazy talk I know, but that is my suggestion...

And I guess we'll just have to see if there's a different vibe for that last show without the guarantee that the rail is fully populated with fanclub people. I'm optimistic that it might make things really (or more) interesting. I think there have been many examples of where the band themselves have been a bit put off by the reaction of the first few rows if they aren't playing some never-played-before-honking-seals-demo-b-side. I'm sort of psyched to perhaps have the people up front lose it when they bust out even flow...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:10 am

As someone who has no dog in the fight for those shows, it's pretty shitty to not announce it beforehand. Imagine if they did that in NYC or Philly, people would blow up 10c headquarters especially being a tour closer. Not sure why they just wouldn't put those tix up a day later like anytime other bands do that or even like PJ did in the past.
Craig_of_J
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:30 pm

63schoeffling wrote:As someone who has no dog in the fight for those shows, it's pretty shitty to not announce it beforehand. Imagine if they did that in NYC or Philly, people would blow up 10c headquarters especially being a tour closer. Not sure why they just wouldn't put those tix up a day later like anytime other bands do that or even like PJ did in the past.
I really don't care that much about it (except I truly find the 'no fair, I'm a hard working yadda yadda yadda and I pay dues and I don't like that the system didn't preferentially work for me...' argument very tiresome).

I got tickets, because I added up all the pieces of info: Crazy that it's one show in a HUGE market area, availability of venue, reports from the venue staff about a second show, intentional or unintentional (pre-sale) slip ups by Tim Bierman about the 'tour ending on May 11 in Toronto' and past experience with PJ and other bands where a rollover show becomes active somewhat immediately on TM. So all that had me (and others) waiting around just in case - and it paid off.

I don't see where the sentiment logically comes from that the 10c were sitting around deciding 'do we tell them or not tell them?'. For as much as they get crapped on, I really think they want FC people to get to go to shows. I think the most reasonable conclusion to draw was that they COULDN'T tell people. And if people think they should have done so for altruistic reasons, I would predict that would have jeopardized their position on all future FC ticket negotiations. I don't love TM, but it's a silly argument that's been tossed around that 'it doesn't matter who gets all the tickets, they still get paid' - that makes no sense since part of TM's value and brand is that they want their public users to feel they have a shot at good seats to big shows (that's not altogether true of course, but that's not a PJ specific issue with scalpers and bots etc.).

I agree they've done it differently in the past (rollover shows) where sometimes they said there might be another show and you could put in for tickets if you wanted, or they sold tickets later, but again, there has been no clear precedent, and I have to believe that has been the result of specific agreements in place at various times. I personally recall grabbing rollover tickets to an additional Seattle show way back in exactly the way it rolled out here...
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:25 pm

lottery for Wrigley Field & Fenway Park shows are up @ 10c
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:49 pm

99% chance of getting tickets. I like those odds!
carljwiii
Art Expert

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:43 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:99% chance of getting tickets. I like those odds!
Now only 97%!!!! :cry: Lol
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
ajaxbro
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:22 pm

carljwiii wrote:
I'll take those odds. Fenway night 1 is my Bday. So wether it be 10c, tickets.com or a scalper, I'll be there.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:44 am

heard giants stadium july 16
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 am

ajaxbro wrote:
carljwiii wrote:
I'll take those odds. Fenway night 1 is my Bday. So wether it be 10c, tickets.com or a scalper, I'll be there.

1 day down and we are at 70 and 74%

i think it ends up in the teens - although they are big venues to fill and wrigley lowers the fenway demand and vice versa
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 am

schmoff wrote:heard giants stadium july 16
I think it was a mistake on the website because Coldplay was booked then. At least that's according to the 10c forums.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:09 am

63schoeffling wrote:
schmoff wrote:heard giants stadium july 16
I think it was a mistake on the website because Coldplay was booked then. At least that's according to the 10c forums.
bummer, someone just told me about it
pj101ca
Art Expert

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:00 pm

lotto closed

final odds....

Boston, MA- Reserved Seating 44%
Boston, MA- Reserved Seating 46%
Chicago, IL- Reserved Seating 53%
Chicago, IL- GA Standing 24%
Chicago, IL- Reserved Seating 69%
Chicago, IL- GA Standing 30%
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
Greatplainsman
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Headed to 1st nite at Fenway I guess. Hope something pisses Eddie off before the show...
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:56 pm

I got tickets to both Wrigley shows, this will be my first Pearl Jam shows.