All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:27 pm

DickButt wrote:
SunflowerSeeds wrote:digging that Pendleton. Much better than his last NYC print for PJ.

How long do you think they'll play for this weekend?
Pure speculation, but PJ Radio begins streaming at 9:15, and MSNBC's broadcast is scheduled until 10, so maybe 45 minutes? It's short for PJ, but this isn't their show and it's probably in line with the amount of time Coldplay and Beyonce will get.
They played a full set at Made In America. I'd expect no less this time around; fewer bands to boot
ImageImage
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Transformers is sold out for today, as well as most shirts and hats. Reports are that they let everyone in at the same time, people grabbed tons of shirts and hats since there was no limit, and it was a total clusterfuck. They'll restock every day.
SunflowerSeeds
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:37 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
DickButt wrote:
SunflowerSeeds wrote:digging that Pendleton. Much better than his last NYC print for PJ.

Pure speculation, but PJ Radio begins streaming at 9:15, and MSNBC's broadcast is scheduled until 10, so maybe 45 minutes? It's short for PJ, but this isn't their show and it's probably in line with the amount of time Coldplay and Beyonce will get.
They played a full set at Made In America. I'd expect no less this time around; fewer bands to boot
I like your optimism, lets hope you're right.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:51 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
DickButt wrote:

Cmon brah..... I would be shocked if they play for over an hour. Like, legitimately shocked. GCF is way different than MIA.

I'll be a game time decision to roll up or not since my friend who lives around the corner is out of town.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:52 pm

DickButt wrote:Transformers is sold out for today, as well as most shirts and hats. Reports are that they let everyone in at the same time, people grabbed tons of shirts and hats since there was no limit, and it was a total clusterfuck. They'll restock every day.
No surprise that this happened. 10c not worried about getting this stuff in the hands of their actual fans.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:57 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
DickButt wrote:Transformers is sold out for today, as well as most shirts and hats. Reports are that they let everyone in at the same time, people grabbed tons of shirts and hats since there was no limit, and it was a total clusterfuck. They'll restock every day.
No surprise that this happened. 10c not worried about getting this stuff in the hands of their actual fans.
It's also piss poor communication. They hype for weeks that 4 posters will be sold randomly throughout the week and then an hour before opening change their minds and just release all 4 in allotments each day at opening.

No surprise 10C didn't run this smoothly.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:00 pm

DickButt wrote:
pjsteelerfan wrote:
It's also piss poor communication. They hype for weeks that 4 posters will be sold randomly throughout the week and then an hour before opening change their minds and just release all 4 in allotments each day at opening.

I'm sure Volcom has no incentive to limit any items either. Probably just want to sell everything as fast as possible.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:39 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
DickButt wrote:
pjsteelerfan wrote:

I'm sure Volcom has no incentive to limit any items either. Probably just want to sell everything as fast as possible.
Totally. Those kids are looking to get everyone out of their store as quickly as possible and move on with their day.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:07 pm

On the plus side, PJ forum is losing their minds over people reselling, which is always fun to watch.
moonshine
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:15 pm

People still buy PJ posters?????????
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:55 pm

DickButt wrote:On the plus side, PJ forum is losing their minds over people reselling, which is always fun to watch.
Ah I forgot to check the boards. Should make for some good reading later.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:10 pm

moonshine wrote:People still buy PJ posters?????????
The last few PJ things I sold on eBay the drymounters never paid.
mmmm Beer :pint:
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
moonshine wrote:People still buy PJ posters?????????
The last few PJ things I sold on eBay the drymounters never paid.
I probably shouldn't be surprised by this, but I'm absolutely shocked that people would buy something and just not finalize the purchase by paying. Once in a blue moon, yes. But this sounds different than that.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
demetrios
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 pm

SunflowerSeeds wrote:damn...kinda funny to have 5 posters for less than an hour.
Word is they sold 50 prints per design today. Tomorrow it'll be bumped to 100 per design.

DickButt wrote:

I hope SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio broadcast's Pearl Jam's full show. Last year Jay Z closed the festival. MSNBC & the live stream stopped @ 10pm. The rest of Jay Z's performance was aired on NBC. So maybe that might happen. 45 minutes of Pearl Jam video then change the channel & watch the rest of their set on NBC. If not, we'll only get to see 45 minutes of live PJ video & hopefully hear it ALL on SiriusXM.
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Really like the Hale the best out of all the prints...