EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Wasn't going for this one but that SUCKS. :hanging:

And how long has he been selling 30 signed handbills for $250 on his site? :shock:
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:23 pm

nevadinova wrote:Agreed, although I think the last one standing is Chuck Sperry, no?

Shitty thing is that Emek's website clearly stated that the system would hold your item for 5 minutes before releasing it, so I didn't really hurry. Probably took a minute or less...but got the usual "sold out" message when I tried to complete my order. Shouldn't have trusted his website.

Anyone else get slowed down by the cart REQUIRING you to put in an APT number? Super weird. By the time I decided to just put "0", it was gone.
i think it's shopify problem. mondo and bottleneck today have the same problem, doesnt hold in cart. they used to hold for 5 mins.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:25 pm

nevadinova wrote:Agreed, although I think the last one standing is Chuck Sperry, no?
You are right. Forgot about Chuck! How could I?

Nevertheless, this is really really disappointing. Especially if there is a carthold, IMO.
swtworld41
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:28 pm

liptonsweettea wrote:

Shitty thing is that Emek's website clearly stated that the system would hold your item for 5 minutes before releasing it, so I didn't really hurry. Probably took a minute or less...but got the usual "sold out" message when I tried to complete my order. Shouldn't have trusted his website.

Anyone else get slowed down by the cart REQUIRING you to put in an APT number? Super weird. By the time I decided to just put "0", it was gone.
i think it's shopify problem. mondo and bottleneck today have the same problem, doesnt hold in cart. they used to hold for 5 mins.
Obey hasn't held for the past three drops. Stuff is getting stupid.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 pm

^ Obey never had a cart hold since switching.
FroDawg
Art Expert

liptonsweettea wrote:

Shopify shop owners set the parameter for time an item can be held in a cart.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Kramerica
Art Freak

Obey never had a hold since it switched. Seems as though it has been eliminated from other sites as well. Mondo and bottleneck had drops today with no hold.
Last edited by Kramerica on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
MrWhite
New User

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Same problem here, had it in cart, didn't seem I needed to hurry, hit pay now, and bang gone.
Shitty. My girl and I were excited, although we checked out the band.
Came here to see what was happening,
Thanks for the info guys, at least now I can tell here it wasn't my fault ;)
swtworld41
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:33 pm

Kramerica wrote:Obey never had a hold since it switched. Seems as though it has been eliminated from other sites as well. Mondo and bottleneck jad drops today with no hold.
Guess I've just really been unlucky that past couple. Ever since the switch I never missed til recently.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Why the fug would ya cart and not pay right away anyway? #fugoffwindowshoppas
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:53 pm

this poster was meh anywas #amiright?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
applehead
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:Why the fug would ya cart and not pay right away anyway? #fugoffwindowshoppas
totally agree. cart holds suck for sellers/artists. if window shoppers cart and hold without buying, prints could remain available indefinitely, even with predetermined timeout periods. I've seen sites like this and I prefer the be lightening or go home approach.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Wait emek has a new checkout system?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:34 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:this poster was meh anywas #amiright?
Duh. Then again, I think a lot of his fudge has been pretty meh lately. Seems most others disagree.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Yeah, he sent out the email earlier this week...Shopify