EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:40 am

rules, are the rules and stated in every email...... - EMEK good people and he worked decades to build/draw that empire.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:58 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
rules, are the rules and stated in every email...... - EMEK good people and he worked decades to build/draw that empire.
sorry but "good people" don't act like dicks to their customers. obey does the flipper fight as well, and they have always been respectful in all our interactions.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 am

papaver wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:58 am
Grateful69Phish wrote:
sorry but "good people" don't act like dicks to their customers. obey does the flipper fight as well, and they have always been respectful in all our interactions.
i can relate witb the feeling
but this is the internutz..... hes just guarding the gate.

could be more tactful.... but hey, theres always been an EMEK edge..... that we all love and sometimes, laugh

be well
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am

papaver wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:00 pm
from emek:
"because other Flippers have been dong that recently, so its not about you, its about protecting ALL of our customers as best we can when we see anything - its our job and our responsibility…
so, to me, you’re just digging yourself into a hole by acting out…
so don’t push me , or ill just refund you
love, EMEK
"

my reply:
"you know what, just refund me. if this is how you treat your loyal customers, i don’t want to be one of them."

he refunded the order shortly after.

i'll definitely never buy another emek poster again after this.
So he agreed to change the address and send you your print but because you didn't like his tone and the fact that he brought up flippers, you told him to drymount off and just cancel the order? Meh, seems like he did right by you and did what customer service SHOULD have done. The "don't push me" line is kind of smarmy but he was still honoring the order. They can't all be happy hippies like Spoos.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:14 am

Sweet, hopefully he uses that to honor my request!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:24 am

Did he change the address? I thought it all stemmed from the fact that he refused to do so?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
brewdog123
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:39 am

DoubleDown wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 pm
Not surprising he did that but sucks just the same. At least consider yourself lucky cause you dont have to flush anymore money away towards his overhyped empire.
Emek has always been one of the most hypocritical artists out in the space. He plays the pious, holier than all flippers card publically but privately, he helped create flipping by propping his business model up on rare variants sold to “exclusive super collector” clients who in turn flipped the fudge out of them... with a kick back to the little man of course.
Tough to stand behind a bunch of skulls and bones when you soak the whole picture in....
some very true statements in this
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:46 am

there are obviously some replies missing, but isnt it worth pointing out that his sales release emails clearly say make sure the address in paypal is correct BEFORE you order?
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:13 am

DoubleDown wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 pm
Not surprising he did that but sucks just the same. At least consider yourself lucky cause you dont have to flush anymore money away towards his overhyped empire.
Emek has always been one of the most hypocritical artists out in the space. He plays the pious, holier than all flippers card publically but privately, he helped create flipping by propping his business model up on rare variants sold to “exclusive super collector” clients who in turn flipped the fudge out of them... with a kick back to the little man of course.
Tough to stand behind a bunch of skulls and bones when you soak the whole picture in....

What you don't like seeing the same 1-2 people raffling all the emek foils on facebook, every, single, time?
partpat
Art Freak

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:15 am

soam24 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:13 am
What you don't like seeing the same 1-2 people raffling all the emek foils on facebook, every, single, time?
:lol:
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:23 am

Business practices aside, the idea that Emek has had to build his empire on the backs of designated flippers is pretty comical. I'm not saying he doesn't engage in it at all but his body of work, and the breadth of it speaks for itself. Of the modern gig poster artists it's hard to argue he's not in the top spot.
I'm not someone else.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:26 am

between the wishlist and 60's posters auctions...he certainly gets market value for alot of his stuff. but i guess you have to ask yourself, is there anything wrong with that? it's his art after all...he can sell it for whatever he wants. of all people, he is entitled to the profit...no?
papaver
Tech Team Member

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:56 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 am
papaver wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:00 pm
from emek:
"because other Flippers have been dong that recently, so its not about you, its about protecting ALL of our customers as best we can when we see anything - its our job and our responsibility…
so, to me, you’re just digging yourself into a hole by acting out…
so don’t push me , or ill just refund you
love, EMEK
"

my reply:
"you know what, just refund me. if this is how you treat your loyal customers, i don’t want to be one of them."

he refunded the order shortly after.

i'll definitely never buy another emek poster again after this.
So he agreed to change the address and send you your print but because you didn't like his tone and the fact that he brought up flippers, you told him to drymount off and just cancel the order? Meh, seems like he did right by you and did what customer service SHOULD have done. The "don't push me" line is kind of smarmy but he was still honoring the order. They can't all be happy hippies like Spoos.
he did not agree to change the address. if he had i would have had 0 issue.
fredo
Art God

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:04 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:23 am
Business practices aside, the idea that Emek has had to build his empire on the backs of designated flippers is pretty comical. I'm not saying he doesn't engage in it at all but his body of work, and the breadth of it speaks for itself. Of the modern gig poster artists it's hard to argue he's not in the top spot.
Well, in the gigposter world there's being in-demand and then there's making making real money from it. I don't begrudge him making his living, but if he's flipping off customers with a high and mighty attitude after/continuing to benefiting from doing the exact same thing he's "fighting" against...
just a foil for me today, thanks
brewdog123
Art Expert

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:13 pm

i think its the raffling of low edition variants (for unreleased prints) for high values that gets people. This is done by emek to drum up hype for his future releases? why not be straightforward and sell the variants at high dollars, up front?