EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:52 pm

squalie wrote:
bryndavies wrote:Giclees on dictionary paper glued to a stock mat. Oof.
My desire to acquire one of these has declined dramatically.

Yeah man, I’d go as far to say that you’ve dodged a bullet (at least at the prices on the secondary market).
ImageT.K.C.
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 pm

bryndavies wrote:
squalie wrote:

Yeah man, I’d go as far to say that you’ve dodged a bullet (at least at the prices on the secondary market).
I disagree - I have the 1st edition and it looks awesome in person. Run of 500 is a little extreme, but personally I love that it comes pre-matted, just pop it in an off the shelf frame and hang it immediately - not every print on the wall needs the royal framing treatment, especially a run of 500 2nd edition - but IMO a worthwhile pickup if you dig the image and don't have the 1st
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:11 pm

Cool.
ImageT.K.C.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Update on the Art Center’s handling of my damaged shipment. They (Lora) responded in an apologetic manner, and worked with me to come to a satisfactory conclusion. They thanked me for the very detailed suggestions I gave them on packing and shipping.

All in all, I evaluate how a situation is handled. They handled my situation very well, exhibiting exemplary customer service. I’ll likely do business with them again in the future.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
collectorstoychest
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Update on the Art Center’s handling of my damaged shipment. They (Lora) responded in an apologetic manner, and worked with me to come to a satisfactory conclusion. They thanked me for the very detailed suggestions I gave them on packing and shipping.

All in all, I evaluate how a situation is handled. They handled my situation very well, exhibiting exemplary customer service. I’ll likely do business with them again in the future.
Glad to hear that.....I'll have to go through that process myself with them, the print I received today is brutal.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Pics or GTFO.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
peerly
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:23 am

Rick_a_c wrote:Update on the Art Center’s handling of my damaged shipment. They (Lora) responded in an apologetic manner, and worked with me to come to a satisfactory conclusion. They thanked me for the very detailed suggestions I gave them on packing and shipping.

Congrats :pint:
I'm still sweating and waiting for my order :neutral:
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:42 pm

SpaceYourAntelope wrote:
bryndavies wrote:
squalie wrote:

I disagree - I have the 1st edition and it looks awesome in person. Run of 500 is a little extreme, but personally I love that it comes pre-matted, just pop it in an off the shelf frame and hang it immediately - not every print on the wall needs the royal framing treatment, especially a run of 500 2nd edition - but IMO a worthwhile pickup if you dig the image and don't have the 1st
i'd agree with this if it was a $20 print...wasn't this thing $115?
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:45 pm

not to mention the listing says screen print. i won't use the term bait and switch, but let's just say i'd be less than thrilled if i had bought one.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:56 pm

SpaceYourAntelope wrote:
bryndavies wrote:
squalie wrote:

I agree with this. I had the dictionary print and it looked great in person. And let's be honest here, it's a print on dictionary paper. It's a novelty more than anything, especially for those that weren't able to pick up the FTW print.
lightyears2010 wrote:
SpaceYourAntelope wrote:
i'd agree with this if it was a $20 print...wasn't this thing $115?
Man, if giclees are only $20 there are a few I've overpaid on.
I'm not someone else.
maddog76
Flipper

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm

lightyears2010
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 pm

i'm saying i wouldnt throw a $115 print into an off the shelf frame. a $20 print maybe. but $115 needs archival framing.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Sounds like rick got some serious sugar for all that gravy poured in here :lol:
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:52 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:i'm saying i wouldnt throw a $115 print into an off the shelf frame. a $20 print maybe. but $115 needs archival framing.
What artists on Emeks level sell $20 limited edition prints? let alone ship them pre-matted? I see it as added value, and anyone complaining about the mat must hate free stuff! Given the 1st edition was selling ~$500 after TRPS, this is clearly a cash grab, so I dont see how anyone could expect EMEK to price this any lower than $100 + Shipping (which is essentially what this cost since shipping was free)

You can still get a ready made 11x14 frame, and upgrade the glass to UV super easy and cheap, but if you insist on going the custom framing route for all your prints, than any good framer can get creative and figure out how to work around the existing mat... Really a non-issue, and a win win for most people imo
watersbrad
Art Expert

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 pm

maddog76 wrote:Image
I don't think anyone is debating that this service exists. But how do you know this is what Emek is using to print these?