EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
kingster911
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:40 pm

watersbrad wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:
kingster911 wrote:I asked about why the price changed and they said they're kinda selling them in "waves" so to speak, and that now they're going to lower numbers.
"now they're going to lower numbers"

What does that statement mean? They are getting to the lower number sin the run or fewer people?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious here.
I assume they mean lower numbers in the edition, like they are assigning a higher $ 'value' to the lower numbers.
Correct. They started from top to bottom it would seem.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Print # rarely affects values...
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:29 pm

Top of the stack, yo!
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:41 am

peacedog wrote:I'm not sure who did the matting for Emek on the dictionary pages, but the one we have seen come through the shop was glued into the matting along the sides. There is no reversing it or removing it from the mat it comes with. I don't know if this was par for the course, we've only seen one.
Bummer! That's a real shame.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:00 am

I picked up a Guitar Island....it was a good image to re-release on wood
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
peerly
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:35 pm

soupysound wrote:emek retrospective show prints are up...

https://haightstreetart.org/collections/emek
Lots of prints shipped by them are damaged :hanging:
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:50 pm

peerly wrote:
soupysound wrote:emek retrospective show prints are up...

https://haightstreetart.org/collections/emek
Lots of prints shipped by them are damaged :hanging:
Ther are two major contributing factors to the damage:

1= pre shipment packing is terrible. They are rolling the posters in kraft paper that is wider than the tube is long. Therefore, after rolling, they realize the rolled posters are too long to fit into the tube, so they fold the kraft paper over at one end so it will fit in the tube. This fold-over dents/creases the widest poster inside in a repeating manner, because the posters are already rolled. That is, the dents from the kraft fold-over creases the folder however many times it is rolled inside the kraft paper.

2= poor quality tube is used. The tubes are thin-walled uline tubes. These tubes are inadequate for shipping valuable art, by anyone's definition.

My question: Is this an ART CENTER? If so, do they know nothing about shipping art in such a way that the buyer will receive it in the same condition it was in before the packing/shipping processes?

My package ared damaged from BOTH factors above.

Obviously, Emek had nothing to do with the packing or shipping. There was nothing that indicated he had a hand in this. His packing and shipping on posters he sells from his website are a far cry from what Haight Street Art Center is doing.

My question: Is this really an ART CENTER? If it is, how can they not know they are likely ruining the art they are packing/shipping? Is this what FREE means when they say free shipping?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Phew... dodged a bullet by skipping the dead dictionary 2nd edition. Something about the edition just looked wrong from the start so I hesitated and then the price increases blah blah... and now these reports. Yikes. What a shame.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Ya would think emek would vet these places that sell his fudge. Guess not.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Oof. A lot of really nice older pieces in there, too. Sorry to hear about the damage, Rick.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
phishstix101
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Sigh, anxiously waiting! Wtf? Sorry for the troubles fellas!!!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:49 pm

smellmysocks73 wrote:Oof. A lot of really nice older pieces in there, too. Sorry to hear about the damage, Rick.
Thanks, socks. Luckily, only the widest poster of my 3 was damaged. The 2 smaller posters escaped both the fold-over and the dented tube.

When they say "2 out of 3 ain't bnad", that's bullshit, of course... but it's def better than 0 out of 3".
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
applehead
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:13 pm

ANyone order the new Emek Guitar Island over at PrintsOnWood? Anyone have a coupon code?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:03 am

kansasbbq wrote:
peacedog wrote:I'm not sure who did the matting for Emek on the dictionary pages, but the one we have seen come through the shop was glued into the matting along the sides. There is no reversing it or removing it from the mat it comes with. I don't know if this was par for the course, we've only seen one.
Bummer! That's a real shame.
Wtf

That's beyond stupidity
Shameful
canuck
Art Freak

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:54 am

I never order from sites I don't know. Good luck folks!