EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee
Posts: 9590
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Mjohnson541991 wrote:
andyfarrimond wrote:
Mjohnson541991 wrote:Anyone ever been in constant communication with Erika (wishlist) for 2 days.. 5+ emails back and forth, including which choice I wanted.. and then just nothing? No response in 5 days?

Kinda worrying that I lost my chance at an epic score..

Yes! She only works part time, so it isn't unusual. You will be good!
Whoop whoop! Ok. I just needed to hear that so I don't blow up their email anymore! Haha.

Can't wait for the response and invoice.. I will feel successful at that point...and broke.

haha :clap:
The good news with the wishlist is that the money is going to the artist rather than a flipper... Always my preference.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Mjohnson541991
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
Mjohnson541991 wrote:
andyfarrimond wrote:
Mjohnson541991 wrote:Anyone ever been in constant communication with Erika (wishlist) for 2 days.. 5+ emails back and forth, including which choice I wanted.. and then just nothing? No response in 5 days?

Kinda worrying that I lost my chance at an epic score..

Yes! She only works part time, so it isn't unusual. You will be good!
Whoop whoop! Ok. I just needed to hear that so I don't blow up their email anymore! Haha.

Can't wait for the response and invoice.. I will feel successful at that point...and broke.

haha :clap:
The good news with the wishlist is that the money is going to the artist rather than a flipper... Always my preference.
Oh definitely.. And most of the time the prices aren't FULL flipper prices :lol:

But I love dealing with the wish list. Nothing makes a day better than getting a wishlist request back with a response that doesn't start with "sold out".
User avatar
cutterbutter
Art Expert
Posts: 4705
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:09 am

Since there was not a new Coachella poster at the festival this year I decided to wishlist some of the old ones I did not own and got a pretty instant reply for 2010 and 2011 at GREAT prices. Beyond stoked. Can't wait for them to come in.
Mjohnson541991
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am

cutterbutter wrote:Since there was not a new Coachella poster at the festival this year I decided to wishlist some of the old ones I did not own and got a pretty instant reply for 2010 and 2011 at GREAT prices. Beyond stoked. Can't wait for them to come in.
I have to admit.. I submitted my wishlist request and got a response within a couple hours..

A couple months ago we would have been waiting at least 4+ weeks for a response.
MrSubjective
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:06 pm

+1 Radiohead :pint:
Image
User avatar
tenaciousjack
Art Expert
Posts: 2844
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:06 pm

+1 over here! That was pricey!
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2124
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:06 pm

MrSubjective wrote:+1 Radiohead :pint:
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 16002
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 pm

MrSubjective wrote:+1 Radiohead :pint:
congrats..went with the super quickness, and I just missed...stupid shipping! :hanging:
User avatar
ChrisV
Art Expert
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am
Location: MA

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Got to the last step and it was gone
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7362
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Shipping to Canada was over $60. Has gotta be a new record!
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8672
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

+ juanita bonita
User avatar
dryerase
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

ChrisV wrote:Got to the last step and it was gone
User avatar
peerly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:09 pm

his new shop is a drymounting :P disaster
carted the poster and then sold after paypal procedure :hanging:
User avatar
anonymouse
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:30 pm
Location: Davis, CA

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm

dagnabbit. If anybody is looking to flip and wants to avoid ebay please send me a PM - was at the show and would obvs love the poster. Thanks!
User avatar
kebo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:11 pm

that was quiiiiiiiick +1
Post Reply